Melodifestivalen 2020: Deltävling One - Linköping

That's what some alleged experts say, but in 2012 Danny Saucedo was 100% winning and see what happened. Fingers crossed.

I think Felix is still direkt. I can't call which one out of Robin and Malou is too but CHRIST it doesn't deserve to be Robin

Underwhelmed by the Felix clip. I’ve liked a lot of what he’s done lately so this seems like a bit of a letdown.

Malou and Robin’s sound strong.

That seems to be Heat Three these days, and it's generally more the moment when the gays of Sweden unite behind the closest approximation to a Schlager banger (Lina Hedlund, Jessica Andersson etc.)

Poor Sonja seems to fall more into the Heat One tragic old bag who goes nowhere with a lilting ballad category. (Kikki D, Arja, Charlotte...)

And they've put Linda on a week early just to be safe. :(

Sonja's song sounds very nice but not especially rousing. Presumably she is content with just showing her face on Saturday and reminding people of her existence. It seems Malou has a Sia knock-off, I wonder how she will do with it live, I wasn't blown away by the vocal TALANT last year. I'm not that surprised that the Mamas sound like they may underwhelm a bit, they shoulda gone disco.

I'm not sure what to make of the Robin song. Boys With Emotions is obviously as cringeworthy as expected, there has to be SOMETHING in one of the other three heats to stop that from winning the whole thing.

Hold on, they've put songs called "Move" and "Moves" not only in the same heat, but NEXT TO EACH OTHER? :D

I think Robin was on the verge of being REALLY good, just something lacking in the production slightly, which may come out in the other parts of the song.

ANYHOO, based solely on those clips, the Sheena jury votes:

1. Mamas
2. Robin
3. Felix
4. Malou
5. Sonia
6. Suzi
7. Ovö

Robin's dancing is... unusual. Killed the song a bit for me.

Felix has basically taken the shittest parts of Benjamin and Oscar's staging and mashed them together.

I don't know if Malou's staging is the wisest choice, but it's still better than pretty much everyone else's.

The Mamas look like they're going to be immense.

Suzi, Ovö and Sonia are also there.

It seems Malou has a Sia knock-off, I wonder how she will do with it live, I wasn't blown away by the vocal TALANT last year.
Malou was TREMENDOUS last year! SUCH a little performer considering she'd only just turned 16. Shame they've decided to take her ARTPOP this time round...
Sonja's song sounds very nice but not especially rousing. Presumably she is content with just showing her face on Saturday and reminding people of her existence.
:D

Dance You Off is a very good pop song, hampered by an unappealing performer and staging that in retrospect was too removed and a bit pleased with itself.

Also the half on, half off jacket still haunts me.

I think DUO was essentially a good pop song that wasn't really the most natural fit for Eurovision.

But also, the bad televote score has kind of overshadowed the fact that it still DID WELL. Second in the Jury vote and 7th overall ain't to be sniffed at.

That said, it is obviously high time Sweden mixed things up a bit. It's not as though Benji's year was a Melfest for the ages, I can't say anything he defeated was particularly robbed. (Aside from PARTY VOICE :disco: ). Hopefully this year will have stronger fare, particularly from the women.

Isn't it a bit suspicious he was SECOND in the jury vote and almost last in the televote? Just saying.

Not really, I just think the jury and the televoters are looking for different things. Juries are briefed to look for contemporary hit songs. Dance U Off absolutely makes sense in that context.

That makes no sense to me, the idea that juries are looking for "something different", or just anything in particular. They are not looking for quality over anything else when they give 12 points to the Russian grannies. They are not looking for anything they are "supposed" to do as a professional jury when you see some voting. It's just trying to justify their existence with anything. Most of them are not even people with reasonable judgement (I'm thinking of the Spanish jury of the last few years, most of them are not professional at all). Some of them are even bribed.

The juries have I think become a lot more focused in their remit over the last few years. But yeah, there's definitely a shitload of bribery that goes on. Not sure I'd put Sweden's continued success in that category though.

There’s a massive element of Sweden’s history being taken into account going on.

There’s a massive element of Sweden’s history being taken into account going on.
Yeah, I tend to believe Sweden pick up points for being Sweden. They send efficient, machine-rolled pop which the juries will naturally gravitate towards anyway, but they're rewarded for playing it safe.

They haven’t been rewarded from the public for “playing it safe” though.

I was shocked to find out poor Sonja has a wiki entry in English, I can't think of anyone but VoR who would write that. Unfortunately it has to be a hater, pretending she never reached the final in MF. He must be salivating at the idea of Sonja finishing dead last tomorrow. :(

My prediction:

DTF: Felix & Malou
AC: Robin & The Mamas
5th: Ovö
6th: Suzi P
7th: Sonja

Can't really see Malou DTF after that staging but here we go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom