Melodifestivalen 2023: Andra Chansen - Örnsköldsvik

Who will qualify? (CHOOSE FOUR)

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Loreen presumably breathing a huge sigh of relief that she doesn't have to drag all her equipment up the coast for this. As usual we'll be adding four more finalists from the eight songs that finished 3-4th in their heats. Unlike last year, there's no separation into halves, just a straight vote with the top four going through. (If this format had been used last year, Anna Bergendahl and Cazzi Opeia would have been beaten to the finals by Alvaro Estrella and Lisa Miskovsky)

Running order
1. Theoz - Mer av dig

2. Mariette - One Day

3. Victor Crone - Diamonds

4. Tennessee Tears - Now I Know

5. Elov & Beny - Raggen går

6. Melanie Wehbe - For The Show

7. Nordman - Släpp alla sorger

8. Kiana - Where Did You Go?

Anything that helps Mariette sail through with the votes of the elderly 🫂
I did love the direkt vote transfer from
Anna to Mariette (and also the very obvious and parallel flop with the youngsters)

Unlike last year, there's no separation into halves, just a straight vote with the top four going through. (If this format had been used last year, Anna Bergendahl and Cazzi Opeia would have been beaten to the finals by Alvaro Estrella and Lisa Miskovsky)
It's top 4 based on point allocation, so it's the same format as the heats bar the DTF based on most total votes.

It's top 4 based on point allocation, so it's the same format as the heats bar the DTF based on most total votes.
Will the voting be shown live or will they just announce which four have gone through?

Will the voting be shown live or will they just announce which four have gone through?
Live, the producers have been trying out the results show aspect for two years now before making a decision on changes for the next.

So email them your thoughts now before its too late.

The most obvious comeback for next year is the winners reprise. But as SVT has so far played hardball and won't let the run time for a Heat extend to 1h 45min that means something else has to be cut. Suggestions please!

Could the winner’s reprise not form part of the interval before the demoscopico results?
It could, but so far Karin has rejected it as it as they've structured MF to make the claim that the 1st DTF might not be the heat winner as it doesn't take into account the voting brackets. The bigger issue is probably that it takes away from the second phase of the voting as people might switch to UMK after the first DTF is reprised. I think it makes more sense to have both reprises at the end of the show.

The most obvious comeback for next year is the winners reprise. But as SVT has so far played hardball and won't let the run time for a Heat extend to 1h 45min that means something else has to be cut. Suggestions please!
Almost all the light entertainment crap bar the Hall of Fame?

It could, but so far Karin has rejected it as it as they've structured MF to make the claim that the 1st DTF might not be the heat winner as it doesn't take into account the voting brackets.
If that was her intention then she really missed the mark. Can she be fired?

The bigger issue is probably that it takes away from the second phase of the voting as people might switch to UMK after the first DTF is reprised.
Most viewers are not even contemplating switching to other national finals. People like us are really not a part of any mainstream channel's scheduling calculations.

Theoz, Kiana and Nordman seem the obvious top three.

I would rather Mariette scraped another final but Victor was a very comfortable third in his heat.

Kiana, Nordman and Theoz seem like an obvious 3 of the 4.

I’m guessing the 4th will be one for the older demographics so I’d like to hope Mariette could scrape through although they really did go crazy for Tennessee Tears in their heat.

That being said, I wonder if the 4th slot is where someone getting 6s and 8s across the board could creep in… Melanie?

Kiana, Nordman and Theoz seem like an obvious 3 of the 4.

I’m guessing the 4th will be one for the older demographics so I’d like to hope Mariette could scrape through although they really did go crazy for Tennessee Tears in their heat.

That being said, I wonder if the 4th slot is where someone getting 6s and 8s across the board could creep in… Melanie?
I believe Karin is trying to kill Mariette off by putting her at #2.

I believe Karin is trying to kill Mariette off by putting her at #2.
Does performing second in a field of eight really have that much impact though?

Does performing second in a field of eight really have that much impact though?
Especially when she only has to finish 4th and most people on the app vote in real time anyway.
Yes, read a study statistical study about that a few years back somewhere. The draw is supposed to matter more for middling entries than standouts, makes sense to me.

Last edited:
I think the last qualifying place is gonna be between Mariette and Melanie.

That is going to be interesting to say the least…

• Care
Reactions: Hak
Raggen gar should be the last qualifier based on poparity but the Karin voting system puts that kind of song at a severe dissadvantage.

Raggen gar should be the last qualifier based on poparity but the Karin voting system puts that kind of song at a severe dissadvantage.
Hopefully, if he gets his pits out on stage rather than afterwards,then they'll have a shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Hak
Some overly anxious pothead at SVT has come up with this genius new points distribution and results show system for Andra Chansen:

The points distribution was announced to be 12-10-8-5 for AC a few months ago. Since then however SVT got scared some contestants might get zeroed and get sad so they’ve changed it. Now it’s 12-10-8-7-6-4-2-1 for some reason.

During the initial voting round everyone gets 5 votes per act just as in the Heats.

Then, midway THEY'LL NOT announce a DTF winner based on vote total.
Instead they'll announce the current TOP 4 and BTM 4 without anyone actually advancing.

After that everyone gets 5 new votes with which you can vote for the same acts again and get to see a reprise just in case you haven't seen each act two times and reprised three times already.

Interval act.

After that they’ll announce the 12:s from each voting group without displaying the 10 through 1 points given to all the trailers.

After some more talking with the artists and how they feel about getting 12:s they’ll all be forced up on stage with tense music playing.

Jesper’s gonna talk some more and then go back to the old way of announcing the qualifiers in a Friends or Bust scenario in no particular order and without revealing their points total.

Lastly they’ll display all the points given by each individual voting group in the Melodifestivalen app after the show.

Some overly anxious pothead at SVT has come up with this genius new points distribution and results show system for Andra Chansen:

The points distribution was announced to be 12-10-8-5 for AC a few months ago. Since then however SVT got scared some contestants might get zeroed and get sad so they’ve changed it. Now it’s 12-10-8-7-6-4-2-1 for some reason.

During the initial voting round everyone gets 5 votes per act just as in the Heats.

Then, midway THEY'LL NOT announce a DTF winner based on vote total.
Instead they'll announce the current TOP 4 and BTM 4 without anyone actually advancing.

After that everyone gets 5 new votes with which you can vote for the same acts again and get to see a reprise just in case you haven't seen each act two times and reprised three times already.

Interval act.

After that they’ll announce the 12:s from each voting group without displaying the 10 through 1 points given to all the trailers.

After some more talking with the artists and how they feel about getting 12:s they’ll all be forced up on stage with tense music playing.

Jesper’s gonna talk some more and then go back to the old way of announcing the qualifiers in a Friends or Bust scenario in no particular order and without revealing their points total.

Lastly they’ll display all the points given by each individual voting group in the Melodifestivalen app after the show.
So much effort to pick the people to lose to Loreen

Wow, they're really trying any idea to see what sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom