Melodifestivalen 2023 GOSSIP OCH BITCHING THREAD

Could Malena not just TAKE THE TRAIN?
She apparently got "more important battles".

Being mother to Greta must be like continuously fighting or walking on egg shells. Every morning she'll go through the waste sorting, just making sure. Then if you "accidentally" sorted black plastic as actual plastic...

:greta:"How dare you! You have stolen my dreams with your empty words. You are failing us. But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. We will not let you get away with this."

Farah Abadi and John Lundvik are apparently going to be the hosts next year.

At least that means Lundvik won't be competing I guess.

Oh THANK GOD!
Is that actually better? We will get to see his smug face in every interval act :zombie:

He's a great singer but so far he's been manifesting exactly 0 comedic ability or fun for Moopy. I'm really hoping he proves us wrong.

Is that actually better? We will get to see his smug face in every interval act :zombie:

He's a great singer but so far he's been manifesting exactly 0 comedic ability or fun for Moopy. I'm really hoping he proves us wrong.
Yes but there’s no threat of him going to Eurovision (or clogging up the lineup with a dreary ballad).

We have presenters!

Don’t know much about Jesper but Farah co-presented one of the semis this year, and she was good, much better than Oscar, but then that’s not exactly difficult. 😂

We have presenters!

Don’t know much about Jesper but Farah co-presented one of the semis this year, and she was good, much better than Oscar, but then that’s not exactly difficult. 😂
At least they've cast a comedian!

Last edited:
There should be plenty of rumours floating around now that the 14 jury songs has been selected but I haven't heard much this year.

Here are some artists posted on escforum as working on potentially MF-related projects:

Angelino
Wiktoria
Isa Molin
Allysandra
Melanie Wehbe
Mariette
Molly Hammar
Kristin Amparo
Cecilia Kallin
Måns Zelmerlöw
SuperFemmes
Darin
Smash Into Pieces
Cazzi Opeia
Tess Merkel
E-type
Maria Sur
Le Crash
Theoz
Clara Klingenström
Emil Assergård
Jobe
Liamoo
Anna Ternheim
Afrodite

Warner is angling for SVT to give Maria Sur, a Ukrainian citizen living Sweden, a spot.

No mentions on SVT's intentions so far.

Tess prepares for another stab at Mello glory :disco:

200575.jpg

One name that keeps popping up, both online and speaking directly with people in the know is Isa Molin. Like Cornelia last year, she's unknown to the general Swedish public. At the same time she's a well established name within the music community as a songwriter/producer as well as being part of Molly Sandéns entourage.

As the daughter of Bobby Ljunggren and best friend of / songwriter for last years winner it gives SVT a good narrative for launching her.

It's still unclear if she's willing to take part or not.

There should be plenty of rumours floating around now that the 14 jury songs has been selected but I haven't heard much this year.

Here are some artists posted on escforum as working on potentially MF-related projects:

Angelino
Wiktoria
Isa Molin
Allysandra
Melanie Wehbe
Mariette
Molly Hammar
Kristin Amparo
Cecilia Kallin
Måns Zelmerlöw
SuperFemmes
Darin
Smash Into Pieces
Cazzi Opeia
Tess Merkel
E-type
Maria Sur
Le Crash
Theoz
Clara Klingenström
Emil Assergård
Jobe
Liamoo
Anna Ternheim
Afrodite

Warner is angling for SVT to give Maria Sur, a Ukrainian citizen living Sweden, a spot.

No mentions on SVT's intentions so far.

Yay for Darin, no drippy ballads this time please

"Nobody Knows, Pt.2"

GIVE THE GAYS WHAT THEY WANT.
YES PLEASE.
Will probably just be more in the same vein as Can’t Stay Away and Superstar though

This is the latest from Darin

Now that he's comfortable around his own sexuality it shows in him being better and more relaxed as a performer

Hiya I have some questions as a hopeful first-time attendee for 2023

1. Are tickets for the final easily gettable?
2. Are they available now? If not, when?
3. How much are they usually?
4. Is accommodation a problem/challenge usually or no?

THANKS! :thumbsup:

1. The good ones go fairly quickly but not Eurovision quickly. For best results you'd want to be online when they go on sale, like any major concert. But they float around.
2. Nope, I'll let you know when they go onsale! Last year it was early November.
3. For floor seats last year we paid £112 each. Further back will be less. Again, think standard big-name arena concert prices.
4. Nah, loads of nice hotels in Stockholm and it doesn't get a Eurovision style massive spike in tourism at all, the fans are still mostly local, though it is a fairly pricey city in general.

I'm hoping to go again!

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Last year @Suomi, @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid and myself stayed here. You can almost certainly find cheaper, but for a mid-range hotel it was REALLY nice and excellently located. I'll probably stay there again next year if I do go.

1. Yes
2. No, no one knows.
3. Down to 200kr for a rehearsal of a deltävling. Finalen is 4-500kr behind a pillar up to 2000kr for the front rows and 3000kr for the VIP packages.

Last edited:
  • Love
Oh, apparently tickets goes on sale from the 1st of November this year.

The last few years has been absolute chaos from a booking tickets standpoint, blamed on Live Nation by SVT and on Covid by Live Nation.

• Wow
Last year @Suomi, @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid and myself stayed here. You can almost certainly find cheaper, but for a mid-range hotel it was REALLY nice and excellently located. I'll probably stay there again next year if I do go.

Honestly the breakfast is amazing, and the proximity to both Max Burger and international homosexuals is second to none.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be in Sweden during the finals week.

Just some 500km further NORTH :zombie:

I was thinking of going for the finale weekend considering the savings I’ll make on Eurovision being local :o

I think I’ll see where I am money wise in a couple months time

• Care
Reactions: Hak
Hi Guys!
So I am usually the guy loving to read your comments and reactions here not really willing to speak out. Even the list from escforum.net above is my post from out there! Anyway, I have a question that I believe some of you may help answering:
I want to buy a VIP package for Melodifestivalen final but the moment the tickets are released I am going to be on my way on a plane from my London Abba Voyage experience 🤭 Does any of you know if it's possible to buy the VIP package couple hours after the release of tickets or should I rebook my flight? :D
Sorry for the offtop, hope you don't mind.

Ps: the description of Sonja Alden being a weekly sacrificial lamb in MF 2020 still makes me choke with laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom