Melodifestivalen 2023: The Final - Stockholm

Sweden/Finland/Norway/UK/Czech Republic/France/Serbia…I could go on

This is a GOOD year!
It’s a GREAT year. Of course there’s crud but when isn’t there when Latvia et al are invited to participate? Frankly I’m finding having TWO (and it could be more) to majorly loon over A BIT MUCH. Normally I only have ONE!

I need to relook at the running order of SF2, is it really THAT BAD??

Last time I checked it had Austria and Slovenia (hurrah!), but also people predicting Estonia was a surefire qualifier due to complete lack of ANY competition???

I need to relook at the running order of SF2, is it really THAT BAD??

Last time I checked it had Austria and Slovenia (hurrah!), but also people predicting Estonia was a surefire qualifier due to complete lack of ANY competition???
Poland are there with guaranteed COMEDY VOCALS :disco:

Not that they’re going to qualify anyway - especially not after tonight’s JEALOUS SPITEFULNESS - but I’m pleased Croatia are in SF1 and therefore destined for a guaranteed NQ EXPERIENCE :disco:

Just back from the little concert thing. Smash Into Pieces, Marcus & Spencerus, Panetoz and Theoz were all excellent and the crowd went mad for them. I thought it was lovely that Loreen could make it and the audience were very polite clapping along to give her a bit of encouragement.
Six Feet Under is a deserving winner and the Swedes are so behind it I think there would have been a riot if anything else had snatched the victory.
I was right behind Rylan in the queue to leave. He was down to Earth and VERY Cuprinol coated.
I got back to the hotel absolutely shattered and was greeted by Sean Den Forste Banan at deafening volumes. It turns out there’s an after party in the hotel bar :disco: Obviously I’m not about to go out on the piss two days in a row, so I came up to bed. The song that played me into the lift was Minge Alley by my dear friend Shirley C. Lamp.

All in all a lovely night 8.5/10

Absolutely love that my hotel is proudly displaying this poster of Loreen in its window :disco:
3833C65F-F932-4C9F-BC4A-6BF487109034.jpeg

Don’t panic BT you’re home in time for the scoring of Festival de Cancao.

There was something quite sadistic about making Danny (hiding under a large hat) perform his infamous second-placed “could also have won Eurovision 2012” song during the night of Loreen’s obvious second crowning.

I wish they'd let Danny perform a medley of his actual greatest hits. His Melfest entries just aren't very good, and have both aged horribly.

There was something quite sadistic about making Danny (hiding under a large hat) perform his infamous second-placed “could also have won Eurovision 2012” song during the night of Loreen’s obvious second crowning.

TBT to 2012: "Euphoria was a lame schlager song when they sent it to me :evil:"

Kinda delicious.

I’ve just watched the reprise again (feat. glitter) and how very blessed we are to have Queen Loreen in our eurolives once again. It COULDN’T BE ANY FUCKING BETTER! :disco::disco::disco:

Reactions: COB
I sent it to a friend who said “it sounds like the other one” (:zombie:) and “is she allowed to compete again so soon?” It’s been ELEVEN YEARS, I screamed. I’m minded to pop Rip Van Winkle on BLOCK :disco:

I wish they'd let Danny perform a medley of his actual greatest hits. His Melfest entries just aren't very good, and have both aged horribly.
WHAT? We were all crying out for a piano version of Amazing !!

Someone else has just advised me that they like Israel and LATVIA and think IRELAND will do well. I’m instantly reminded why I discuss these matters HERE!

Someone else has just advised me that they like Israel and LATVIA and think IRELAND will do well. I’m instantly reminded why I discuss these matters HERE!
A good reminder that the general public is STUPID.

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Aren't approximately 99% of Eurovision conversations we all have in real life (or rather, people try to have with us) on a scale somewhere between cringe and stab their eyes out, or is it just me?

Aren't approximately 99% of Eurovision conversations we all have in real life (or rather, people try to have with us) on a scale somewhere between cringe and stab their eyes out, or is it just me?
Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom