Melodifestivalen 2024: Deltävling Four (Eskilstuna)

It really is Jacqline or bust this year.
She is still EIGHTH in the odds! Behind acts that came couldn't even WIN their semi final! I am hoping her odds will shorten in the coming weeks when the market gets busier, but it is a bit of a head-scratcher.

All the twitter gays seem to be unified behind that nothingy banger from MARIA SUR, which I truly cannot wrap my head around when Jaqline is right there.

All the twitter gays seem to be unified behind that nothingy banger from MARIA SUR, which I truly cannot wrap my head around when Jaqline is right there.
I've seen quite a lot of love from Jacqline too on there. One of my friends, who is tone-deaf and cannot hold a note and has given some of the most LEGENDARY karaoke performances I've ever witnessed said that he didn't think Jacqline had any stage presence. :D

I don't understand how anyone could prefer the Maria Sur song to Jacq. It's not even as good as "Never Give Up" for me!

Both songs are way ahead of anything else this year for me.

I’m hoping that Jacqline will do decent business on Spotify when the finalists come out next week as one of the only songs in there that actual people would actually listen to in their actual daily lives.

Hopefully we’ll see a shift in the odds then, and SURELY the international juries will throw some points its way.

Jacqline is the best of a very weak bunch so far, definitely, but if I'm honest it still isn't THAT good. It wouldn't be out of place in a Danish national final and it only really shines because it's a solid song in an otherwise awful final.

Jaqueline is already 4th in the odds on the highest volume betting site. Marcus & Martinus are huge favourites, but if they would underperform the field becomes wide open.

I can’t quite get my head around how so few people are talking about Medina. Surely they must have something decent if they’re on last in the final heat, and if they are bringing an all-out party song in Swedish, that could be extremely welcome in the current line-up.

C37C3B9F-3E3B-4E76-9B3D-513EF1280BD0.jpeg

This evil must not command a global stage.

In fairness she does seem to have overtaken Maria Sur, Dotter and Smash Into Pieces now, all of whom she was behind 24 hours ago.

Maybe now that the market is having to consider that we may have already heard the winner, she’s being taken much more seriously as a prospect.

Marcus & Martinus would be such a random home entry, has Sweden ever sent anyone before who doesn't at least live in Sweden? I guess Estonia sent a Swede on home soil in 2002...

Decent fucking songs on par with the ones that made Melfest the gold standard Eurovision national final in the first place.

Louder, Penny, LOUDER.

I was very much open to the changes in format and liked the entrants on paper but so far it's all been quite tepid. I'm sure the finals will be fun but the heats have felt like an arduous, drawn out prelude so far.

This year really hasn't held my attention very much.

Marcus & Martinus would be such a random home entry, has Sweden ever sent anyone before who doesn't at least live in Sweden? I guess Estonia sent a Swede on home soil in 2002...

Sahlene only entered the national final as a last-minute replacement for Ines, the singer who represented them in 2000, when she pulled out the week before the final and they needed someone with experience, and the songwriters had worked with Sahlene before.

She turned up to Estonia and went on stage after only having heard the song a few days beforehand. Her win was very controversial and there was a lot of unhappy audience members and she said that the other acts weren’t very happy either when she won. During the voting, she’s sitting at the bar getting drunk because it was so stressful for her.

I guess M&M want to promote themselves in the biggest Nordic market, a bit like Margaret did a few years ago, but the difference is they’re actually popular!

This year’s Melodifestivalen definitely feels like a scale back from the last few years. Apart from A*Teens, the interval acts have been pretty rubbish, and they’re obviously saving money for the real deal. It’s nothing new that the hosting year is a bit sub-par. 2013 was overall a pretty rubbish year too.

I believe production decisions like pacing and scripts affects the international viewing experience a lot for Moopy.

The interval acts and cut scenes have been pretty good but they're a lot more language based this year. Them being centered around pretext and situational comedy doesn't help. The expert commentary is also pure downtime for a non speaker.

The predictability of results is also a big issue. It affects both the viewing experience and the willingness of non returnees and genre divergent entries to apply.

I believe production decisions like pacing and scripts affects the international viewing experience a lot for Moopy.

The interval acts and cut scenes have been pretty good but they're a lot more language based this year. Them being centered around pretext and situational comedy doesn't help. The expert commentary is also pure downtime for a non speaker.

I speak Swedish but I just don’t find Björn funny. I never have.

I speak Swedish but I just don’t find Björn funny. I never have.
Yeah, I haven't really found any of the comedy skits that funny to be honest.

But as I've said previously - the entire affair this year comes off as rather cheap. The only real musical interval acts they've splurged on so far is A*Teens. It's obvious that they're saving everything they can for Eurovision in May and unfortunately, you can tell.

I'm not actually watching the semis I missed just playing them through in the order they finished..

Danny - what the fuck is this? How horrible! Ugly staging, ugly dancing, literally nothing to distract from him or his basic song. Okay vocals I suppose? Why did this win please, is he beloved in Sweden or something?

Dotter - Nailing that Isla Fisher look. I honestly thought she was in her early 20s, she looks great. I was dreading this after the comments, especially as Bulletproof is probably my favourite non-winner of the last few years by far. But actually this is kind of lovely and rousing and she's very watchable. I wouldn't be annoyed if this won the whole thing :o Also we have ballad vacancies available. But I think this might be joint 2nd for me with Cazzi after Jaqline so far

I'm not actually watching the semis I missed just playing them through in the order they finished..

Danny - what the fuck is this? How horrible! Ugly staging, ugly dancing, literally nothing to distract from him or his basic song. Okay vocals I suppose? Why did this win please, is he beloved in Sweden or something?
The theme of this year's contest was 'vote for the most famous'. In a change from previous years, the quality of the song was considered an irrelevance.

Albin - I suppose I should hate this and the first ten seconds already told me everything I needed to know. It sounds like a mid-00s indie band going a bit poppy and well, it should be obnoxious, but it's quite jaunty. Of course, I will never listen to it ever again so who really cares

Scarlet - Melodifestivalen, @ButterTart would like song #346 on his ASFM options list back please. Especially if you're not even sending it to the final.
I thought this was going to be a fur coat no knickers situation but it really slaps in the end. What a shame. And only 4th! The final could do with this surely. I suggest murdering Maria Sur in retaliation

Lia - this is pure crap and I love it. I can see why it failed though..

Lasse - Well, it's better than Danny, like everything else in this heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom