Melodifestivalen 2024: Deltävling Four (Eskilstuna)

Dotter is very thankful and can't believe she made it, she said she thought she was screwed after her voice started cracking yesterday. Danny confirmed he started rehearsing this week and said it wasn't the best decision but that he "needed a his staircase to start". Dotter said she's been rehearsing manically since October.
455c1dd8-ac14-436c-ae54-0c31d832f9fb

Last edited:
Dotter should have called her song ‘It’s Not Easy To Write A Good Song (So I’ll Try 10 Different Hooks Instead)’. Find a melody and stick to it!

Jacqline remains Sweden’s best hope for a Robin Bengtsson-style fifth place finish in May.

Danny would have to completely rethink his performance (and the song…) for that to stand a chance.

• Haha
Reactions: Hak
Danny would have to completely rethink his performance (and the song…) for that to stand a chance.
He had to scale back his staging plans due to insufficient funds. Not sure about the concept but at least it's easy to scale back up again.

Since it's safe to assume M&M and Medina are going DTF next week, that will be NINE out of ten qualifiers who have participated in previous contests. I'm sorry but that's atrocious, especially since the majority didn't even qualify on merit. I hate the new format.

Well I'm happy with the results, I can see myself going back to the Albin song and it's nice to have a couple of songs going to AC that have no need of going any further.

Pleased that Dotter made a comeback during the voting as she was my favourite by default. Definitely not as good as her last two entries, and I'm not even sure I like it as much as "Cry", but this was a weak heat. Scarlet were not for me.

I have a feeling I'll really like Dotter's song once we get a proper version. She was obviously holding back/restricted last night.

Expectations for this years Melodifestivalen is uncanny. We've got some great uptempo in Maria Sur, Jaqueline and Danny. Lovely ballads from Dotter and deadeyes.

We've got twink penises flopping left and right. Vaginas making it DTF. The magnificent return of old fashioned schlager. Lisa Ajax emoting. Miss Filth unable to sing a smash hit (but able to running around shouting 'whore'). A vile and demented Real House Wife somehow able to pull through and land a #2 hit only to get marred by the police the next morning. Metal Hanna & Lina making a glorious debute featuring JessAn in drag. Old dried up favourites coming back for the 11th time bringing their A game and NOT flopping. Norway fuming over having their best twinks stolen.
We've got SVT daring to try a different format to rectify what people has been complaining about for decades. Production opting to reject winner returnees so that one of the damned 2nd placers finally can overcome their curse and run away with the title.
What more can you ask for?

Was the old AC format really that unpopular?

I think it's such a shame that it's scrapped this year. What's the point of it if the acts don't even get another chance to perform? It's especially shit for poor Elisa, who finally breaks her Melfest curse and it's essentially just going to be a footnote on Wikipedia.

Expectations for this years Melodifestivalen is uncanny. We've got some great uptempo in Maria Sur, Jaqueline and Danny. Lovely ballads from Dotter and deadeyes.

We've got twink penises flopping left and right. Vaginas making it DTF. The magnificent return of old fashioned schlager. Lisa Ajax emoting. Miss Filth unable to sing a smash hit (but able to running around shouting 'whore'). A vile and demented Real House Wife somehow able to pull through and land a #2 hit only to get marred by the police the next morning. Metal Hanna & Lina making a glorious debute featuring JessAn in drag. Old dried up favourites coming back for the 11th time bringing their A game and NOT flopping. Norway fuming over having their best twinks stolen.
We've got SVT daring to try a different format to rectify what people has been complaining about for decades. Production opting to reject winner returnees so that one of the damned 2nd placers finally can overcome their curse and run away with the title.
What more can you ask for?
Decent fucking songs on par with the ones that made Melfest the gold standard Eurovision national final in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom