Melodifestivalen 2024: Swedish Charts & Stats Thread

VoR

Take it or leave it
As usual, the direkt finalists won't be released until the last heat is done, but we already have a couple of breakout hits from the also-rans.

Daily streaming for Sunday 18 Feb

#1 Fröken Snusk
#2 Gunilla Persson
#15 Samir & Viktor
#16 Klaudy
#31 C-Joe
#33 Adam Woods
#38 Kim Cesarion
#46 Clara Klingenström
#70 Dear Sara
#91 Elisa Lindström
#98 Engmans Kapell
#197 Melina Borglöwe

Bigger than Beyoncé!

1708347647849.png

I’m guessing Elisa’s chances are fairly slim?
Unless Elisa really picks up suddenly I'd say so - she's at #73 on Spotify with quite low overall numbers (200k). I haven't heard it on radio either.

I'd say Fröken Snusk will go to final unless people just prefer to stream rather than vote, then it's between Gunilla and Scarlet X if it keeps up.

God, they really need to get rid of the age groups voting. All 3 of those would make welcome finalists over some of the dull ones we’ve got so far.

Or maybe the people who stream don’t correlate with those who vote. Either way - frustrating that one of those 3 are gonna miss out on the final.

I’m quickly coming to the conclusion that Circus X is one of my favourite MF songs ever and I’ll be distraught if I don’t get to experience it live.

First full day streaming with the finalists included

#1 Medina
#2 Froken Snusk
#3 Marcus & Martinus
#4 Jay Smith

#5 Lia Larson
#6 LIAMOO
#7 Smash Into Pieces
#8 Danny Saaucedo

#9 Gunilla Persson
#10 Dotter

#11 Jacqline
#12 Cazzi Opeia
#13 Maria Sur

#14 Scarlet
#16 Annica Wickihalder
#17 Lisa Ajax

#19 Klaudy
#20 Elecktra

#28 Albin Tingwall
#29 Adam Woods
#31 Samir & Viktor
#36 Chelsea Muco

#43 C-Joe
#51 Dear Sara
#57 Lasse Stefanz
#59 Kim Cesarion
#62 Elisa Lindstrom
#72 Clara Klingenström
#93 Engmans Kapell

#118 Melina Borglowe

So all the male finalists outstreaming all the female finalists then.

Surely boring old LIAMOO isn't going to sneak in through the middle, is he?

I do like that it appears relatively open, even if the result is very likely to be not one I'm particularly happy about.

I do like that it appears relatively open, even if the result is very likely to be not one I'm particularly happy about.
I am somewhat excited about a split screen moment with M&M losing :disco:

Medina and M&M have recency bias and Medina especially is the kind of song that does well on streaming. That doesn’t mean it will transfer to both points from all age groups and points from the international juries.

Jesus, if LIAMOO wins then Sweden are racing straight to the bottom of my favourites tracker. Still can’t see beyond Medina or Jakkidegg winning though.

If Medina don't win then the Swedes need a national conversation with themselves about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Medina and M&M have recency bias and Medina especially is the kind of song that does well on streaming. That doesn’t mean it will transfer to both points from all age groups and points from the international juries.
Is there a demographic element to the final televoting this year or is it just raw vote?

Is there a demographic element to the final televoting this year or is it just raw vote?
It’s demographic like the semis. As streaming is skewed towards the younger age groups I think it’s difficult to use this as an accurate picture of how it will turn out.

There’s also the international juries who are much more unpredictable.

It’s demographic like the semis. As streaming is skewed towards the younger age groups I think it’s difficult to use this as an accurate picture of how it will turn out.

There’s also the international juries who are much more unpredictable.
Is there a UK jury? Are you on it? :D

Your point on the streaming being potentially skewing makes sense.

As I said earlier, I think the way Medina almost lost their finals spot to the older voting demographics suggests they'll have an uphill struggle to win the final. I can't see their song going big with the juries either.

I'm definitely keeping my eyes on Danny or Dotter as the candidates to potentially get a broad consensus of jury and all-ages televote scores if M&M don't just end up walking away with the whole thing.

As I said earlier, I think the way Medina almost lost their finals spot to the older voting demographics suggests they'll have an uphill struggle to win the final.
Can we unleash a particularly strong flu variant to keep them from their landline phones (or however OLD PEOPLE vote these days)?

I WISH! :D They haven’t announced the juries yet, should be in the next couple of days.
We need to get you on it! It can't be Simon Proctor from his mother's basement yet again!

Jacqline does scream 2nd or 3rd place sadly, but I pray I'm wrong. She's got the chorus of the YEAR with not one, but two iconic lines, and it's been in my head almost constantly since I heard it. I'm hoping she can pull through (although I do think other entries would perform better at Eurovision but that's a separate point - I'd rather have the superior song)

It's the song Dua Lipa should have come back with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom