Miley Cyrus - Endless Summer Vacation + grammy winner at last

completely in love with Rose Colored Lenses now. there's something a bit Jack Antonoff about the production nearer the end, a bit Lorde or NFR! era Lana. maybe the u-turn begins here :eyes:

the album was #1 with 18.6k sold including about half sales/formats and half streaming which is... just ok.

Did she chart anything in the UK aside from "Flowers"?

"River" is expected to debut around #30 on the Hot 100.

"Jaded" is also rebounding on streaming a week later. I feel like it's the best potential follow-up after "Flowers" is done but she seems incapable of maintaining an album campaign for more than two singles. "Violet Chemistry" is also the best bop on the album, but I think it's clear the GP wants something more in the vein of "Flowers"/"Jaded" than "River"/"Violet Chemistry" from her right now.

Jaded and River had charted.

It’s her second chart topping double after Bangerz/Wrecking Ball and Flowers spends its ninth week at #1 which is something like only the second time by a female artist this century or something.

FLOP ERA!

I believe that’s the total streams across all platforms for all songs on the album for the week. I.e. that amount equates to like 64,000 sales alongside 55,000 actual sales to give her 119,000 for the week.

@POP! is a bit more clued up than me though.

I kept River, Handstand and Violet Chemistry along with Flowers.

Better luck next time Miley, and by next time I mean 2024 when she does release another album.

A week plus on, here is my album rate. There is some filler but I'm finding plenty to like on it.

07 Flowers
09 Jaded
09 Rose Colored Lenses
05 Thousand Miles
06 You
08 Handstand
08 River
09 Violet Chemistry
06 Muddy Feet
06 Wildcard
09 Island
03 Wonder Woman

I believe that’s the total streams across all platforms for all songs on the album for the week. I.e. that amount equates to like 64,000 sales alongside 55,000 actual sales to give her 119,000 for the week.

@POP! is a bit more clued up than me though.
Pure sales are basically dead aside from collector's vinyl (unless you're Taylor Swift or Adele and can still get places to stock and sell your CDs), so streaming basically dictates an album's success these days. If she can sustain momentum with another hit single over the summer (I vote "Jaded") it should make it to 500k units with ease which wouldn't be a bad result.

With the release of the album last week giving Flowers a slight sales increase after six weeks of decline, it will now avoid switching to ACR for at least three weeks. #1 in the midweeks, 4k ahead of Calvin Harris & Ellie Golding.

705k total so far. It's going to take something properly massive to stop it being #1 of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being #1 for the year and #2 is As It Was, considering that's still currently #8 and shifting 20k plus every week. In fact considering that's on ACR, she can't be accumulating that many more sales, considering ACR isn't applied when calculating total sales.

He held off a 2021 carry over last year, so perhaps she'll do the same this year, or even deny her it.

I don’t think he is ACR currently, I think he got reset a few weeks ago which shot him back up from the 30’s to the top ten. I want to say Brit Award related but don’t quote me on that.

I don’t think he is ACR currently, I think he got reset a few weeks ago which shot him back up from the 30’s to the top ten. I want to say Brit Award related but don’t quote me on that.
Oh that would make sense. When it's reset, do you get the same period as a new track in terms of ACR kicking in again?

The Disney+ special is really nice, good to hear some of the back stories of the songs and how she feels about this album and her process.

She calls it her ‘Cinderella shoe’ as it’s the perfect fit for her
For now.:eyes:

Oh that would make sense. When it's reset, do you get the same period as a new track in terms of ACR kicking in again?

I would’ve assumed it was reset for the three week sort of rule (when someone outperforms the market at whatever rate and then avoids ACR for three weeks which I think is the rule from week ten onwards) and then falls away, but it’s on track for it’s fourth week back in the top ten so maybe it gets a full ten week period again?

No, it just gets the 3 weeks
Yes, I think I remember that now with Running Up That Hill last year. It would have been #1 the week before it made it had it not been for ACR, then got it the week of the reset, and then only fell from #1 after three weeks when ACR was applied again.

there are rumours including a report in The Sun, who apparently break accurate pop tea, that there's a volume 2 of the album coming later in Summer. originally her website/mailer also referred to it as Endless Summer Vacation Vol. 1...

one more proper single push from this one and then a vol 2? I can see it. I'm manifesting better quality if there's another one coming. she can do better than this album.

I am loving 'Island' from the ALBAM

River really is still being overshadowed by Flowers, isn't it. I expected River to go at least top 10 everywhere.

well it doesn't help that there's been zero promo other than the release day Disney+ backyard perf.

those rumours that she's had some kind of a burnout seem quite credible... usually you can't get her off the TV, even when she has nothing to promote. but now radio silence since January while her second single is borderline DOA...

meanwhile Angels Like You is climbing again with 1m+ daily spoti updates :eyes: justice for Plastic Hearts!

I really dislike River. Cannot get into it even thought it keeps getting sent my way.

Jaded is fantastic. That and Thousand Miles I keep going back to a lot.

Angels Like YEW cannot be held down. truly the easy #1 that never was.

Angels taking off while her absolute damp squib of a new (forgotten) album slumps down the chart with no other hit in sight is such a scream!

Angels taking off while her absolute damp squib of a new (forgotten) album slumps down the chart with no other hit in sight is such a scream!
And aside from one pre taped perf in her backyard release week she can’t be bothered to change that!

Shame because “Jaded” could and should be a summer smash.

A very "will this do?" affair but she's lifted a finger and given us a video for "Jaded"

I can't be bothered hitting play on that after seeing everyone describe it as her most boring video ever. Miley really said I won't leave my mansion this entire campaign.

I... don't like a single shot from that Meisel shoot. the Vogue cover is especially awful.

I can't be bothered hitting play on that after seeing everyone describe it as her most boring video ever. Miley really said I won't leave my mansion this entire campaign.

I don't think they really care - 'Flowers' is carrying the albam even more than they thought it would.

Is she doing any UK festivals or tour this year? Her profile and status is just through the roof at the moment and to capitalise on it this summer would be :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom