Moderation Requests

I can see why @octophone moved it. Yes, it was a touch heavy handed and we weren't told in advance but she's admitted to that herself so I've no need to say any more than that. Regardless of execution, the intent was to safeguard Moopy and I won't criticise anyone for that.

The Dark Moopy idea is excellent and, if anything, adds another dimension to the place. It feels like common sense to separate the more personal community forum from whatever the Hell @Zu-Klara decides to post in the dark forum, while also meaning we can get away with all sorts without it being on public view.

Plus serving everyone's wants and desires on the forum helps keep people on the forum. I've seen too many good web forum communities die as everyone shuffles off to some Discord server when the forum hasn't served their purpose for whatever reason, and it's not quite the same having a few chat channels scrolling by instead of thousands of threads you can pick up on at any time.

Oh God this all happened. I am getting rather tired of all the gross out, animal sex, shit and piss stuff. Less said about all the CAPS. That said if that's how posters gonna play, we're all adults.

Is there a way we can hide all of DARK MOOPY stuff away? Like remove it from Recent and New Posts. I'm pretty sure there is. Make it a link only forum. Actually I know there is.

Moopy is now Reddit-lite. :(

I really don’t like the idea of censorship, and this comes from someone who’s PRETTY VANILLA all things considered*

I don’t agree with how it happened but I hope we don’t lose octophone over this. As admin or as a member.

A separate forum for NOF is a good idea. It’s not like it has to be used regularly. Just a catch all*

remember we had to put up with Sheena and others posting scat pictures without warning for YEARS. Maybe we’ve evolved but it’s certainly nothing new*

*this all being said I do think we need a video of dub being pissed on, spat on and sexually violated as punishment, only for the purposes of learning from this and becoming better people, obviously

I've currently put the posts as hidden on new posts.

But maybe a mandatory "dark moopy" tag at the beginning of the thread would work better? Seems a bit lost otherwise.

I've currently put the posts as hidden on new posts.

But maybe a mandatory "dark moopy" tag at the beginning of the thread would work better? Seems a bit lost otherwise.
I agree with this, especially as someone who mainly uses New Posts to keep up

Can anyone see it? Or is it like the community forum with a certain number of posts to see it?

I can see it, under Moopy Moop. You should be able to see it?

Reactions: RJN
Never mind I logged out and couldn’t see it so I answered my own question

As an addendum:

I resigned from the staff team at around midday yesterday. Took a wee while for the background work to be done which is why I didn't say anything at the time.

I do not make idle threats - I said I would go if the prevailing wind was against me and I did.

As an addendum:

I resigned from the staff team at around midday yesterday. Took a wee while for the background work to be done which is why I didn't say anything at the time.

I do not make idle threats - I said I would go if the prevailing wind was against me and I did.
What? No!

Sorry to see you go @octophone and thank you for all the work you've done. To quote Indie, I'm gutted at how it all went down.
As a poster, I know you'll enjoy Moopy more now though.

Thanks for all you've done, octy. How long has it been?

As former (crap) admin and (a lot better) mod myself I agree with what Star says about enjoying moopy more on the outside.

I think this was it.

I owe Moopy an apology for standing in the last Admin election. My heart wasn't in it and I did so because people wanted me to and I felt an obligation. It just became a source of anxiety, which was turning into resentment.

Now that I don't have the stress of worrying what Moopy will want me to do about other Moopists actions, I expect I'll enjoy Moopy again.

I think you've been a fabulous admin, roughing out some proper cuntery.

I tried. But I ran out of energy last weekend. I think whatever the next thing had been, it would have been the last. It just came quickly.

As noted in admin forum and personally, I thank Octy for her wonderful service, and it's with deepest regret that this has happened. As others have said, I think you'll enjoy living without the responsibility as a regular poster again.

I'll run an admin by-election soon. Probably not the next day or so though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom