MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTENS #4 - ABBA - THE VISITORS - 8PM TUESDAY 28/04

There's a 16 track version knocking about with 2 Spanish language tracks. I'm on Cassandra as well.

There's a 16 track version knocking about with 2 Spanish language tracks. I'm on Cassandra as well.
Yes, an earlier reissue included Spanish language versions. I think all the reissues have got slightly different tracklists. But this one with the Like An Angel demo medley is the only thing with anything previously unreleased.

Yes, an earlier reissue included Spanish language versions. I think all the reissues have got slightly different tracklists. But this one with the Like An Angel demo medley is the only thing with anything previously unreleased.

I did get a bit confused on Soulseek earlier....found the 2012 edition eventually.

GOD, Under Attack still SLAPS.

If we had gay Internet stan culture in the early 80s, we would have been all "YAAASS, Agnetha fuck my bussy UP"... and then we would have read her to filth over the subsequent break-up.

They did a whole Spanish album. I think isolation would need to go for about 40 years before we get to that.
It be happy enough listening to the Spanish versions of 'Slipping' and 'Said and Done'. In fact, I may after this.

GOD, Under Attack still SLAPS.

If we had gay Internet stan culture in the early 80s, we would have been all "YAAASS, Agnetha fuck my bussy UP"... and then we would have read her to filth over the subsequent break-up.
And then we'd have ALL DIED! :disco:

I think Under Attack suffers from being neither fish nor fowl - it should either be a full disco banger or an understated "One Of Us" type production.

Now coming up is what many many ABBA fans consider to be their GREAT LOST GEM.

It legit inspires fan theories about its meaning.

Oh my word ‘Cassandra’ is EASILY in my all time ABBA top 20. Why did they piss it away on a B side? I’m not very keen on trundling out tenuous comparisons with other artists when it comes to ABBA but it’s like the scintillating Boney M historical dramas except with MAXIMUM MISERY and a particularly harrowing Bergman on repeat in the background :disco:

Also 15,000/10 for the gulls and accordion :disco:

I remember thinking Agnetha was singing 'Under attack, I'm being taken up the crack'

Oh the pre teen HILARITY
My mishearing for Under Attack was thinking the first half of the chorus ended in 'COS I'M BORN IN A BARN'

Reactions: Zu
It kind of feels the whole album was building to this.

Although of course the album wasn't. Their career was.

The first time I heard "The Day Before You Came" it was the cover by Blancmange - took me a while to get round to the original because of that.

Interesting that the pitchfork review picked up on the murder idea of the lyrics.

Interesting that the pitchfork review picked up on the murder idea of the lyrics.
Does anyone seriously believe that theory? It's always struck me as a load of old nonsense.

In my faggiest moments I plan a whole film based on the premise of this song with multiple endings about what who or what YOU is.

Does anyone seriously believe that theory? It's always struck me as a load of old nonsense.

I guess the lyric sounds like someone giving a testimony...from which it's not that big a leap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom