MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTENS #4 - ABBA - THE VISITORS - 8PM TUESDAY 28/04

I never thought 'The Day Before You Came' would sound aspirational. Imagine being able to go to the usual place for lunch with the usual bunch. :(
Sadly the amazing Lego isolation video to this deleted for copyright :(

I love how GORGEOUS Agnetha looked in the video, after spending a year or two (pretty much the whole of the Super Trouper era, anyway) looking like a sack of shit loosely tied in the middle.

Now I'd say the last track is very much optional. Its a mashup of studio sessions

Great song. Not surprised it bombed tho'. Long, slow...was never going to get radio. Plus, surely the album sold.

WTF is this? That's almost mischief - I know it;s all bonus tracks etc but following TDBYC with a version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is quite the move!

Great song. Not surprised it bombed tho'. Long, slow...was never going to get radio. Plus, surely the album sold.
I think it was this flop that inspired them to quit.

Hit in Belgium though I believe.

It's the EVOLUTION of Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

I think it was this flop that inspired them to quit.

Hit in Belgium though I believe.

And #2 in Finland :disco:

Actually it reached the top 5 in seven European countries. Just not the stupid old Royaume Uni

ABBA have had four Greatest hit compilations hit #1, with 24 weeks there between them.

Greatest Hits 11 weeks
Greatest Hits Volume 2 4 weeks
The Singles: The First Ten Years 1 week
ABBA Gold 8 weeks

Aside from this, we're pretty much done. I knew a fair few tracks from More Gold, but as a collection it was still a shock to 12 year old Ag.

Going back to 'The Day Before You Came' lyric interpretations, I like the question of why it took an hour and fifteen minutes to get to work and three hours to get home more than any murderer theories.

Mind you, I think I may have been on that train at one point.

Going back to 'The Day Before You Came' lyric interpretations, I like the question of why it took an hour and fifteen minutes to get to work and three hours to get home more than any murderer theories.

Two words. Southern Rail.

If I die first, I know there's no way I'll have a funeral without Mr L getting an ABBA song in. I think I'd rather like it to be Like An Angel Passing Through My Room. Delusions of grandeur perhaps, but better than the obvious choice I Have A Dream.

Also who starts work at 9:15. Also she smoked quite a bit. Always a bit of a shock to recall that they DID SMOKE.

If I die first, I know there's no way I'll have a funeral without Mr L getting an ABBA song in. I think I'd rather like it to be Like An Angel Passing Through My Room. Delusions of grandeur perhaps, but better than the obvious choice I Have A Dream.
Fuck I Have A Dream.

Having not heard most of that before, that was really good for me. It's clear there was a fair bit of casting around for direction, especially if one includes the post-album songs. Yet the whole thing has an air of finality. That they weren't completely ready to let go of Abba after this album actually adds something; they didn't let go without a fight.

You should insist on having 'King Kong Song'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom