Moopy Runners

Last edited:
You've all done such big runs (albeit not for a while in some cases :D). I'm just trying to build up to 3k!!
It's just the same 5k run everything for me, only started it regularly early last year. Once you get the pacing right you'll be fine :disco: I may even try 6k at some point :o

It's a little over a mile each morning for me to wake up, plus 15 minutes of mobility exercises afterwards. Or hikes on the weekend!

Anything beyond that and I'll start dropping a kg a day. :basil:

Ladies… I’m toying with the idea of a spring marathon in 2024. It’ll be my second after London about 8 years ago - which kind of killed my full marathon vibe. Im still in the running game - but I find 10Ks and half marathons far more civilised these days.

However, the niggling voice in the back of my mind keeps saying “why not another marathon” ugh.

Anyone for the spring 2024 full marathon season?

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Ladies… I’m toying with the idea of a spring marathon in 2024. It’ll be my second after London about 8 years ago - which kind of killed my full marathon vibe. Im still in the running game - but I find 10Ks and half marathons far more civilised these days.

However, the niggling voice in the back of my mind keeps saying “why not another marathon” ugh.

Anyone for the spring 2024 full marathon season?
I'm still considering doing a trip to England and running either the Manchester or Brighton marathon in April. Which ones are you looking at?

I'm still considering doing a trip to England and running either the Manchester or Brighton marathon in April. Which ones are you looking at?
I’m actually thinking Paris :disco:

But yeah of the UK spring marathons those two would be up there for me. One of my friends has done Brighton and highly recommended it

I'm sticking to my occasional 5k runs, once or twice per week.

There's enough much cardio in my life right now (tennis, biking, swimming) and I respond very quickly to aerobic workouts, so I really need to pace myself in terms of volume - otherwise I'm gonna drop weight again. :zombie:

I did the Cooper test two months ago — I.e. how far can you get in 12 mins. I managed 2800m and was supposed to start a program aiming for 3k. After that I’ve sprained my thigh twice and fractured my toe so not much running for me. :argh: I even bought new shoes and ran with them once before all this happened…

Straining your thigh twice? Did you jump back in too early? :(
Yes, exactly. First time was at a football penalty shoot-off and three weeks later I thought I was ready for tennis but wasn’t… :shy: and then I walked against my coffee table and broke my toe.

@Padam S How'd it go? :disco:

I really wanna try and do a proper cooper test again this month tho, right now I'm only basing it on my mid-range fast runs and that's not super precise. I used to be able to go 2,600m when I was an untrained, skinny 16-year-old. Kinda expect to be closer to 3,000m right now, now that I am a moderately trained but still skinny 35-year-old. :basil:

My pace has picked up quite a bit in the last 2-3 months, probably also thanks to a good mix of running, biking and swimming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom