Mylène Farmer - Rolling Stone

Is there a reason that Point De Suture is not on Spotify..? Does Mylène HATE IT?
The only thing I can think of is Spotify DENYING the hideous cover art :D Shall we:

MYLENE_FARMER-POINT_DE_SUTURE.jpg

:bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised::bruised:

It is weird, it’s not a different label to the others or anything.
I can’t say i’m that fussed as the singles are all on and the album tracks are nice enough but nothing special. Let’s blame MOBY

It is weird, it’s not a different label to the others or anything.
I can’t say i’m that fussed as the singles are all on and the album tracks are nice enough but nothing special. Let’s blame MOBY
I stanned it at the time and I seem to remember proclaiming it her best / my favourite MF album ever (:bruised: ). I still like it and I think it's a big fave among the fanzzzzz but not my all time favourite naturally.

For any vinyl QUEENS, I noticed you can get coloured vinyl of Mylène's first four albums from her shop here, and for pretty acceptable prices - https://mylenefarmer.shop/collections/all

Weirdly no Innamoramento however, which clearly deserves a shimmering SKY BLUE vinyl reissue ASAP.
The Cendres De Lune vinyl doesn't include Tristana either, so frankly NO POINT in my opinion.

Innamoramento needs to be on vinyl ASAP, utterly unnacceptable for a fan fave and her best album (IMO)

Perhaps we could also get some ALTERNATE ARTWORKS for some of her latter releases :D (*Cough* Monkey Me, Point De Suture & Bleu Noir in particular :D)

Innamoramento needs to be on vinyl ASAP, utterly unnacceptable for a fan fave and her best album (IMO)

Perhaps we could also get some ALTERNATE ARTWORKS for some of her latter releases :D (*Cough* Monkey Me, Point De Suture & Bleu Noir in particular :D)
Well they're going through her discography aren't they? Surely the next 4 albums will be up next...

I liked the Bleu Noir artwork! I would have liked some more photos and the cover image was a 'choice' but as a concept I liked it.

I can see there's some sort of concept in the Bleu Noir artwork, but the execution is AWFUL :D I could genuinely knock something better up in photoshop in 5 minutes :D

The Julia album lead me into SUCH a Mylène binge at the moment (as may have been noticed via this thread :eyes:).
What a woman :disco: I was mildly shocked to discover California was only a medium-sized French hit considering THAT video, and how accessible it is. I honestly assumed it had been a pan-European Summer hit :D

I may have to dig out a bottle of Kylie rosé and have a private rewatch of the Mylenium Tour this weekend :disco:

I could not find the Julia album on vinyl for LOVE NOR MONEY last week so I still haven’t heard it.

IS it any GOOD?

I could not find the Julia album on vinyl for LOVE NOR MONEY last week so I still haven’t heard it.

IS it any GOOD?

It’s definitely cute, and certainly scratches an itch for youthful sounding Mylène-style material, but outside of SEXTO nothing is jumping out to me as essential despite enjoying it a lot.

It’s on Spotify if you need to listen. I find it helps if you imagine it’s an album from 2003 when listening to it :D

Last edited:
Just giving Julia’s album a quick RELISTEN, SEXTO really is head and tails above everything else, which is just a bit BASIC

Baptême En L’air in particular sounds like a poor-cousin of Du Temps but written on Duolingo :D :eyes:

Just giving Julia’s album a quick RELISTEN, SEXTO really is head and tails above everything else, which is just a bit BASIC

Baptême En L’air in particular sounds like a poor-cousin of Du Temps but written on Duolingo :D :eyes:
“Et toi mon amour” is actually my favourite now !

Innamoramento was last reissued on vinyl in 2014 - it's sold out nearly everywhere but there are a few copies left on Amazon. They also did a lovely limited edition picture disc but I'm sure that goes for a fortune.

Amazon product ASIN B000057B0C

I must say had she done that finale to "Je te rends ton amour", it would've been the most mesmerizing thing ever. Also she could have thrown in "L'instant x" where the former was in the set list and it all would have made so much sense. But I s'pose leaving 30,000 people completely flabbergasted works too.

Je Te Rends Ton Amour was incredible. The best I’ve seen it. When those opening bass licks kicked in, I went beserk :D

Absolutely. It was my favourite moment of the show along with personal favourite M'effondre and L'Âme-stram-gram - that Rammstein sample was unbelievably genius! What a delight.

I know it's my favourite song of hers, but having just watched that Je Te Rends performance back again, it is an INCREDIBLE piece of music. The dark, brooding underbelly of it all just gets me every time. It's so fucking DARK. How she ever thought it was a good idea for a single I do not know, but I'm pleased she did as we got THAT video.

My previously-mentioned Mylène vinyl took their SWEET TIME, but they finally arrived today :disco:

They feel extra-special on account of them not being able to be purchased in the UK AT ALL :disco: It feels like I'm in the possession of a rare unicorn or something :D

In unrelated news, I MAY have had a vino or two watching the 2009 tour the other night which I'd never seen before (the wonder of YouTube) -

OMG what an entrance! I genuinely nearly choked on my SHIRAZ!

If you want an entrance, then the Avant Que L’Ombre residency is where it’s at. :disco:
Yeah in the grand scheme of Mylene entrances the No.5 on Tour one is not even the best!

@wurst I caved in and ordered the first 4 albums on vinyl from her store! :evil:

I adore Ainsi Soit Je more than MOST THINGS IN LIFE, but I wish she'd stop CRYING ON CUE when she sings it.

Lyrically, I think it may be her most MELANCHOLY HOUR

Je veux mon hiver
M'endormir loin de tes chimères
Je sais bien que je mens
Je sais bien que j'ai froid dedans...

:(

@wurst I caved in and ordered the first 4 albums on vinyl from her store! :evil:

I WOULD apologise, but on account of these being quite reasonably priced for a limited coloured vinyl imported FROM FRANCE :disco: I’m going to guess that the cost may sting now, but you’ll appreciate having them in 20 years time :disco:

I didn’t get the debut album - however the completist in me is now vaguely regretting it, do let me know if Tristana randomly turns up as part of the pressing’s tracklist :disco:

Tristana was only added to a later reissue of the debut, hence it not being there.

Not sure if it was left off for timing reasons as a result...

I had no idea someone has updated all the Mylène information on English Wikipedia and it’s quite comprehensive (albeit in fairly bad English at times). Not like the good old days when you had to find what you could in French and HOPE FOR THE BEST.

The most interesting thing to come out of it for me so far is that I had no idea Les Mots is her fourth biggest selling single EVER in France, just behind the big three 80s hits.

I had no idea someone has updated all the Mylène information on English Wikipedia and it’s quite comprehensive (albeit in fairly bad English at times). Not like the good old days when you had to find what you could in French and HOPE FOR THE BEST.

The most interesting thing to come out of it for me so far is that I had no idea Les Mots is her fourth biggest selling single EVER in France, just behind the big three 80s hits.

I noticed this too! It's really helped spur on my latest wave of Mylène looning (alongside the tours suddenly being available on YouTube in good quality).
I think I mentioned it previous, but I had NO IDEA California was a middling hit in France only.
It seems like one of her (many) signature songs (and videos) to me, but that might just be an outsider looking it.

Related: I BLOODY LOVE Les Mots :D I could have seen it SORT OF being a bit of a European hit in a Time To Say Goodbye sort of crossover way, had somebody bothered to push it.

I think the omission of "Tristana" on the splatter vinyl may be a misprint on the website as I know for a fact it was included on the picture disc and both the Mylene.net and Innamoramento.net discography sections list it as being included in the tracklist on this version as well. I shall try to confirm.

California’s cultural impact is probably more important than its sales. The French have always been an odd bunch when it comes to the way singles chart. California was vital to the (huge) success of the album- especially cause of the video.

Les Mots is marvellous but she was never interested in being pushed outside of France/ Francophone places (And arguably Russia) really. Well, not after the early English experiments bombed and, more importantly, when one of her fans shot someone at her record company because he didn’t get to meet her and she went a bit BATTY and moved to a life of anonymity in the States. I think she preferred her privacy.

I think the omission of "Tristana" on the splatter vinyl may be a misprint on the website as I know for a fact it was included on the picture disc and both the Mylene.net and Innamoramento.net discography sections list it as being included in the tracklist on this version as well. I shall try to confirm.

It’s listed as being there on Discogs.

Omg that website misprint just lost Mylène a sale :argh:/:D

(I’m sure I will cave in and BUY IT next month, and listen to it about three times :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom