Name a CAREER RESUSCITATING album

1200px-Beyonc%C3%A9_-_Beyonc%C3%A9.svg.png

Joni_Mitchell_-_Turbulent_Indigo.png

After her unloved run of 80s albums, this took her back to basics and ushered in a major critical and commercial revival.

Alison_Moyet_-_Hometime.jpg

Through the 90s she was lost in record company politics and her image as a mumsy balladeer. This was a fantastic comeback that set up the incredibly rewarding second act of her career.

You’d never really know as Motown had a lot of dodgy accounting tactics and withheld a lot of data to avoid paying appropriate royalties.

Yeah, whatever Berry Gordy was known for, honesty and decency were not among them.

BeeGeesEsp.jpg

Following the mega-flop of Living Eyes, they spent most of the 80s behind the scenes producing hits for Barbra Streisand, Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross etc. Then they came back with this, which was a huge success for them and spawned the massive European hit You Win Again.

Joni_Mitchell_-_Turbulent_Indigo.png

After her unloved run of 80s albums, this took her back to basics and ushered in a major critical and commercial revival.
Yes but Chinese Cafe/Unchained Melody from the Wild Things Run Fast album was
A hit with the gays
And by the gays I mean one gay
And by one gay I mean

Me

I always thought Janet was the flop and Velvet was her big comeback album which paved the way for her for the next decade. 🤷‍♂️

I always thought Janet was the flop and Velvet was her big comeback album which paved the way for her for the next decade. 🤷‍♂️
Isn't janet her top selling album (worldwide)? Several top 10 singles in the US, with a couple of number ones, not what I call a flop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom