New Music Fridays 2023

Funky

User
It feels like FOREVER since we had new music!

This guy is top of Spotify's first playlist of the year and mopsy needs to get on board with this guy. Every song he's released for his upcoming album is amazing.

This is good. Miss Harding is such the go-to for dance bops these days. Although oddly her vocal reminds me of Dua Lipa here.

It feels like FOREVER since we had new music!

This guy is top of Spotify's first playlist of the year and mopsy needs to get on board with this guy. Every song he's released for his upcoming album is amazing.

I like this

I've had Spotify for 5 days so I don't think it knows what to recommend me yet

@OutSynk any recent trashy bop suggestions? I feel like you do
At the risk of going off topic a few more from 2022.

This reminds me of Farruko's Pepas a bit.

Ava Max lite and she's already lite to begin with. :disco:

A bit The Weeknd I guess...

Last edited:
Well I really love Pepas but Moopy did NOT agree

Clap Clap does indeed have the same drop but it does make me want to go to Miami

roses sounds like Ava Max but less personality

There's an awful new track by Tiesto out today where that blatantly wants to be the new UNHOLY, who on Earth would want that (either than scoring a cheap hit)?

I know Sam and Kim didn't invent Gregorian-like chants but this is too obvious.

All of the tracks released from Joesef's album have been wonderful. Very much sad gay territory but great songs - I think East End Coast is my favourite. I have high expectations for the album.

This week's NMF pool is still not very deep though. I like the Leony and Karen H songs and this too, but otherwise...

The MNEK/Sigala song is not great. I spent more time on it than I would have otherwise as I was trying to decide what the verse melody was reminiscent of... I settled on Backstreet Boys.

Last edited:
The new Tennis is very good. Much more into this than the first track released from the album:

Belle and Sebastian have gone kind of synthwave:

They’re both good.

NMF is already a treat this week and it hasn’t been posted yet!

Not Miley, EBTG, SG Lewis, Moon Boots, Tennis, Tensnake and Drama all releasing new music in the same week!

:wownic:

Can’t cope!

The new Tennis is very good. Much more into this than the first track released from the album:

Belle and Sebastian have gone kind of synthwave:

Yes the Tennis one is good !

Astonishing how Joel Corry has released yet another remix of Lion Heart, make it stop :D

A little bit disappointed with the Joesef album. Only a few new tracks that really jumped out.

I'd entirely forgotten about this one, though only Castles was really worth remembering. She seems to have gone a bit poppier (don't they all with album 2):

Very relatable *disco handclaps*

Sumptuous tune from benevolent queen Kali:

Love this from Lapsley, the album is out but I have not investigated yet:

I don't really know anything about Tsatsamis but this BLBL remix is rather good:

CMAT offers up a typically catchy emergency on planet earth-themed ditty:

I like the new Lapsley one, haven’t checked the album out either but I haven’t heard anything that’s grabbed me like the first album

A little bit disappointed with the Joesef album. Only a few new tracks that really jumped out.

Couldn’t find a Joesef thread but you need to give this album another chance FF… the songs are slow burners but they are so well crafted. Apt 22, Blue Car and All Good are as good as the singles and the album as a whole has a nice through line. It’s way more soulful than I expected it to be as well. Another artist who could easily break through if given the opportunity

I listened to the ride. musically good but the vocals are simply not listenable

running out of time is vibey as hell though. playlisted. thanks hun!

I feel the spirit of dearly departed Suedey in me every time I perform a lightning u-turn.

I'm sure I'll hate the vocals but I'll give it a listen and see if anything is a vibe. On the surface sounds like he's been listening to Thundercat and Yellow Days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom