New Music Fridays 2023

Have you listened yet @dUb ?

The production on this album is on point. I found some of their really early stuff quite cheap, but they're clearly working with some good producers on this record. This is polished and retro in all the right ways. Early favourites are Up 2 You, Good As Gold, Kiss N Tell, Last Night Was Good For My Soul, and Love You Inside Out :disco:

YES! Love it! Good As Gold is my current numba one :disco:

Love Jordan Rakei, hope this is a new album incoming, not sure about the new one yet, sounds like an inferior version of "Family" (one of his best) but I'll stick with it

Not familar with Revers Gagnant, but follow Nic Hanson on Spotify. Liking this lo-fi funk track @KindaCool

Sigrid's EP is three-quarter's a winner. Never mind the so-so ballad Borderline is especially good:

I haven't listened to all the album but this is wonderful:

I'm hearing everything I want :disco:

Sigrid is such a good songwriter. I wasn't sure about Ghost at first because it's quite slight but it has REALLY grown on me. She grabs the same way Birdy does, there's something about her delivery.

Hyped band take on the big ballad rather successfully. I would have chosen to swap the extended outro for a final bombastic chorus but otherwise I really like:

This is the best part of a month old but it is slim pickings this week:

Love Daya's new feature with a big ol chorus:

Slightly woozy sounding new one from LÉON but between this and Pretty Boy it feels like more of a poppy direction for her:

So Alison is bringing us even more great music with a deluxe version of her solo album incoming. The new Richard X collab is fabulous!

Didn't think much of her EP in the end, but this Shygirl-sounding track is very good

A very good chorus. I've given some of her other stuff a quick listen but this definitely has the most indie pop fizz:

Swirl was already sweet and lovely, now with a little extra synthy stardust:

Love this from the wonderfully named Thelma Plum:

A bit of a retro slightly left of the middle to this one:

Ekkah popping up again is very welcome:

I swear they used to be capitalised but in any case the track is a tune.

If I didn't know otherwise I could honestly believe that the new Florrie release was a (mid to lower tier) Aly and AJ song:

I always forget they exist but I like this. And it made me remember Slow Song, which I loved for a week and then never listened to again

Slow Song is ridiculously good. They were teasing a whole heap of unreleased Dragonette collaborations a while back.

The Usher comeback has not exactly been world beating but I am quietly loving this duet. When Usher does retro soul, he does it VERY well. And HER is just always top shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom