New Music Fridays 2023

This is gorgeous

and so is this... watched her on Jools earlier, she hasn't grabbed me properly yet, but I do like this

Haven't liked any of the new tracks from Little Dragon :( until this one came along which seems like their classic sound and is therefore... also gorgeous

I don't know who this is but I quite like it

Last edited:
I've only given the Lola Young album a quick listen but it seems pretty good.

Olivia Dean was great on Jools - I rolled my eyes internally when she said she singing Natural Woman but she did a good job and came across well.

With the other releases last Friday only got round to listening to the album from The Aces last night. They definitely have a sound but it is very enjoyable indeed:

Solo has a bit of a different feel but also liking Not The Same and Attention.

I’m very disappointed with this week’s NMF. There’s quite a few of followed artists on my radar releasing new music and it’s all very disappointing :(

I haven’t listened to the C&TQ album yet though - I’m expecting that to reverse the trend :disco:

With the other releases last Friday only got round to listening to the album from The Aces last night. They definitely have a sound but it is very enjoyable indeed:

It’s very much a nice album to have on in the background

I think 7 of those 11 tracks were already available :D but I shall still be listening to the others

thanks for bringing this to my ATTENTION, I had no clue they had new stuff out.

the run of songs from Solo through Not the Same (love it), Suburban Blues to Person is just great. they're really reliably good at this relaxed pop-rock stuff. they mostly remind me of Pale Waves, but with superior quality control, and some hints of Wolf Alice and Baby Queen too.

I guess they had to collaborate again... this is more mellow and less immediate and it could never compare to one of the greatest dance songs of the last decade, but I do still like it!

Interesting collaboration... moody

I guess they had to collaborate again... this is more mellow and less immediate and it could never compare to one of the greatest dance songs of the last decade, but I do still like it!

It's very close to their previous collab Nobody rather than trying to recreate You've Done Enough. probably smart! nice mellow tune.

biggest new tune of the week

god BLESS confidence man! :disco:

also giving:

an excellent new collab from London Grammar that expands their recent sound:

another lovely taste of miss Mahalia's album:

and the best song so far from the Barbie soundtrack:

Can I just say that Mahalia is quietly bringing it this year?

3 songs, 3 bops

People should check out her new stuff. Never really been on my radar before tbh…

Can I just say that Mahalia is quietly bringing it this year?

3 songs, 3 bops

People should check out her new stuff. Never really been on my radar before tbh…
you must listen to the following immediately

Do Not Disturb
Plastic Plants
No Reply
What You Did (her best song)
Sober
Simmer

but her whole discog is immaculate really

There being one new proper song on the Tensnake album was a bit of a disappointment.

Future Promise and Police are the picks of that Niki & The Dove/The Greys EP. Not keen on the rest.

Dancing By Night is quite euphoric.

The recent Ralph EP has some minor returns to form (NOT Just A Rose though):

I haven't listened to the album yet but I've liked the recent singles from Gus Dapperton:

Metric go to the dancefloor on their new one:

This is a cute EP:

Spotify girls minor and major:

And the new Duke Dumont is a bit of a tune and makes me want to put on his last album:

Also liking the new Duke Dumont song - he’s been a bit trancey lately which is ok but when you’re such a good house producer it’s not what I want from you.

This is one of those trance-house crossovers that has a lot of drama and energy which is giving me :disco:

Some of the recent Hozier singles have been pretty good but this new one is probably the pick of them. An unexpected groove:

This feels Dua-inspired but it still has enough about it (not feeling the abrupt end though):

Bit of a tune - that chorus is reminiscent of something quite obvious that is annoyingly escaping me right now:

What a MASSIVE week for new music. I need to digest it all properly first but I'll have a big update for this thread and the dance threads soon I think!

Rochelle is back with another Kaytranada / Black Coffee sounding deep groove. It’s instantly gorgeous and summery

Satin Jackets and Tensnake collab! :o it’s exactly what you’d expect - poolside house

Fresh from their GH album, K&S are back with more summery jams, this is a bit of a 70s psychedelic swerve

Not sure about this yet but I love both of these acts, nice surprise to find this collab, again a touch of the psychedelic

Another new track to go alongside their remix album - it’s great

This collab is gorgeous- the echoey vocals are very late 80s Ibiza

I really liked Blakey’s early stuff until he started to sound like a Coldplay castoff, but this track really stands out

Got this singer songwriter on my radar, she’s released some good stuff so far

What You Done is good and my fave (non surprise) is the Confidence Man/LEISURE collab - very here for this trance/rave revival :disco:

Georgia snapped

excellent new gay dance pop number from Snakehips, very immediate

really fun bop from Vic Mensa and Ty dolla

Big pop song:

Tensnake has already chucked out a deluxe of the recent album including this:

Indie girls go to the disco ('I want to go the distance but it isn't very far' is a great line):

NEW KLANG! Sounds as lovely as ever. There must be an album on the way, we've had a few singles now:

I really like that new Tensnake one and is the best of the 3 deluxe tracks - the other two new ones are also really well produced and I don't mind an instrumental but both feel like they needed a vocal.

I like a vocal so two out of three new tracks being instrumentals (or near enough) was a bit disappointing for me. It makes the album even more front loaded too.

Good spots there - they were both my highlights when I skimmed through on Friday and I’ve already added both of those to my playlist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom