Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
Keen on 3D World

3D All Stars I only really want for Galaxy and shame it’s not Galaxy 2 as well because that’s supposed to be even better and the one I’ve not played.

The Mario Kart thing looks cool.

3D All Stars, omitting Galaxy 2 and 3D Land AND only available until March next year. And it's out in 2 weeks. Get N-Sane or Get Out!

I presume Nintendo are going ALL IN this Christmas and fucking dropping everything to compete with The GreyStation Flop and PoopBox Series Shite?

Metroid Prime remake drop
Super Mario World, Galaxy 1&2 and Sunshine drop
Breath of The Wild 2
Nintendo Smash Racing
Super Mario Odyssey 2

All OUT (for lunch) more like :D

I'm sure it will be a great holiday season for them. 2021 must surely be the year they're revving up for these big releases.

I guess with no big actual drops and a high price the launch window of a new gen isn’t that impacting anymore.

There's no way BOTW2 is dropping this year. I think it was announced for 2021 anyway? Plus Corona has probably delayed it a bit more.

I'm pleased that more people get to play those amazing Mario games but I have zero interest in these having played the originals several times.

I don't expect a bunny out of the hat every six months but they really have been terribly unadventurous with their releases for Switch. It's literally either remasters of old Wii U games or new updates in very well established series (Kirby, AC, Paper Mario, Smash, etc.). Where's the original first or second party stuff?

They're lucky that so many indie games are out for the console and that portability trumps any other factor when it comes to buying it on the Switch or on PS4/PC.

The Mario 3D All-Stars collection being a limited time release (even for digital) feels a bit scummy - it reminds me of when Disney would release films on video then withdraw them a year later to try and inflate demand.

I wish I'd had the cash to buy the physical version of Gris. But I'd already completed it and thereby couldn't really justify throwing out the cash on it. Shame.

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo/products/gris-switch-exclusive-variant

I'd love to get the special edition of Turrican, but that's astronomical!

https://store.strictlylimitedgames....ucts/turrican-collectors-edition-nsw-preorder

Hotline Miami is another one that vanished in minutes:

https://specialreservegames.com/hotline-miami-collection-switch/

The Turrican thing is a cash cow and splitting them into two games is just taking the piss when you're likely filling a whole Blu-Ray with what 8MB of ROMs. SHAMELESS!

Also, those guys are infamous for taking your money and making you wait for over a year before they even deliver. I would avoid.

I’ve used LRG this year. Got Streets Of Rage 4 quite timely, Panzer Dragoon... they’re waiting for the final patches before they submit the card order. It’s usually that which takes the time - philosophy is that you get the complete finished article and all patches on the cart, no need for connectivity to DL anything. Panzer Dragoon has needed quite a bit of post launch support. Not rushing to have it though!

I’ve used LRG this year. Got Streets Of Rage 4 quite timely, Panzer Dragoon... they’re waiting for the final patches before they submit the card order. It’s usually that which takes the time - philosophy is that you get the complete finished article and all patches on the cart, no need for connectivity to DL anything. Panzer Dragoon has needed quite a bit of post launch support. Not rushing to have it though!

Turrican isn't LRG, it's Strictly Limited Games, totally different company, Google them... I've bought many things from LGR in the past and even when they delayed Celeste they always were a lot more upfront about it. SLG are shit at communication and quite a few people are still waiting for stuff that was ordered +1 year ago (and in some cases like the Darius Collection some people have received it and some haven't...)

Oh yes, I'm not so hot on SLG. I don't like their limitation on numbers either. At least LRG (who are totally upfront, yeah, really good them) put the orders open and allow you to order, SLG put the pressure of a sellout on you.

I’d like to think Nintendo have an actual proper Battle Royale up their sleeves at some point.

What else is there though, Metroid, Zelda 2 and Pikmim 4? StarFox racer?

Zelda Wii U ports plus whatever the 35th anniversary throws up
HOPING for Mass Effect trilogy
Splatoon 3 has to be a thing surely
Either something Mario Kart or Arms related
Another Pokemon next year I reckon
Maybe some more third party take on Nintendo IP - Ubisoft, indies. Certainly plenty more to surprise!

Star Fox Racer, the phantom Retro game, seems to have been a planted rumour to identify leakers.

Bravely Default 2 and No More Heroes 3 still need to be dated, but are down as 2020.

I think the confirmed 1st/2nd party games brewing are:

Remote control Mario Kart
BotW sequel
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4
Furry Bowser
Pikmin 4 (said to have been re-booted after Miyamoto said it was nearly finished)
A Kirby game I think was also confirmed
Monolith Soft have their fantasy game to reveal
Yet more Smash

Maybe these Monster Hunter rumours will do their Holiday campaign heavy lifting. There's also the two Shin Megami Tensei games.

I'm hoping we get a January Direct similar to the first 2 years where we basically got an entire year scheduled for us and I loved that. Nintendo's 2020 communication could have been so much better - they are forever ridiculous :D

I'm pleased that more people get to play those amazing Mario games but I have zero interest in these having played the originals several times.

I don't expect a bunny out of the hat every six months but they really have been terribly unadventurous with their releases for Switch. It's literally either remasters of old Wii U games or new updates in very well established series (Kirby, AC, Paper Mario, Smash, etc.). Where's the original first or second party stuff?

They're lucky that so many indie games are out for the console and that portability trumps any other factor when it comes to buying it on the Switch or on PS4/PC.

Sunshine was the only one I played as I made the switch over to Sony for my teenager years, so a lot of 2000-2015 Nintendo stuff kinda passed me *by* but I agree - at the moment it feels a lot like they're coasting on older stuff. The really exciting new stuff is missing.

Then again, I don't think they're gonna complain much about this year looking at how many games and consoles were shifted when Animal Crossing came out as lockdown arrived.

I’m pretty excited about Galaxy though

Think the other ones might make me feel a bit pukey

I'm most looking forward to playing 64, even if it's a shame they didn't drag and drop the DS playable characters, but I'm most looking forward to looking at Sunshine, which is the one I think will have the noticeable visual improvement even if it is just resolution. It's also the game I'm least familiar with so won't have much nostalgia either carrying it or dragging it down.

Why was Sunshine supposed to be so shit? Was it just ‘fans’?
People saw Mario 128 and were expecting a new platformer entirely like 64 and wrote Sunshine off the moment it had a gimmick. However sunshine has some excellent non-fludd platforming bits, and the rest of the game is great fun as well. Whilst not make favourite, it does not deserve the criticism it gets at all and I'll enjoy playing through it again.

Have they sad anything about how they're adapting the controls for these ports? Sunshine used the analogue triggers (which the Switch doesn't have), and Galaxy had lots of motion pointer stuff. Maybe that's done with the right stick now?

Sunshine is great but I think the summer / holiday theme was divisive.

It also suffered a bit from being rushed through the door, same as Wind Waker, with some levels feeling a bit unfinished and the camera a bit unpolished. But I personally don't think they spoil the enjoyment.

Ok so SNES was 16-bit, N64 was 64-bit, I’m inferring from that earlier post that GameCube was 128-bit.

how many bits are we on now or doesn’t that question make sense any more because the type of technology has changed?

I'm not sure about the GC but I'm pretty sure the Dreamcast was 128-bit - I think it was becoming less important as a marketing thing by that point though, so manufacturers stopped highlighting it so much. I think people were becoming savvy to the fact that other stuff was just as important, if not more.

In the generation just gone, there had been multiple consoles with varying numbers of bits and quite different capabilities from each other (with 32-bit consoles like the PlayStation often looking more graphically advanced than the 64-bit N64 and Jaguar in many cases). I suppose that would have muddied the waters a bit.

I played Sunshine but I certainly remember towards the end just completing it for the sake of completion. Wasn’t the same as Odyssey or Galaxy.

Ordered All Stars!

I'm really looking forward to playing Galaxy again and playing 64 for the first time. I know nothing about Sunshine and looking forward to playing it with an open mind, but so far my experience of playing Mario games slightly outside the core brand hasn't gone well. I was NOT impressed with Yoshi Island when I tried that recently.

There's not a single 3D Mario that's bad, but some are more memorable than others. In my opinion

1. SMG
2. SMG 2 (technically this is SMG refined, but the story in SMG is both epic and charming whereas this has a SHIT STORY as it's literally an EXPANSION PACK)
3. 3D World (very underrated)
4. 3D Land (astonishing what they were able to cram in a 3DS)
6. Sunshine
7. Odyssey
8. 64 (it's not bad and it has plenty of charm but it has been superseded by every other iteration)

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity out 20 November. I'll need to see more of it to decide if it's worth getting on top of the first.

Do enough people here play Tetris 99 to do a password match? I've only just saw this function. Apparently you create a password first and then give it out for others to enter. AND however many use the password will still enter a 99 match. My mind is blown :D

What will be more valuable - a switch with 3D All Stars on or the physical copy?

Physical, always.

However, I can't see a game that's bound to sell more than 10 million copies being a rare, expensive item.

Well according to Eurogamer today the allocation at base.com is so woefully low they had to cancel pre-orders.

Nintendo after that all digital profit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom