Portugal 2022: Maro - saudade, saudade

After Telemóveis I don't understand what the point of sending Dégra.dé would be. We know it won't go anywhere, and it really isn't good enough to be worth the candle. Saudade saudade could actually go somewhere with the right performance!

Increasingly think Saudade saudade would go straight into my top 3 if it got the nod. It'd be the best Portuguese entry in YEARS for me, if not ever :o

Yes, @VoR mentioned to me that had the most views earlier. It's strange that Portugal seems to be turning toward English language after so long ploughing on with Portuguese, just as the rest of Europe is turning more towards native-language entries.

(obviously it's an UTTER BORE!)

Increasingly think Saudade saudade would go straight into my top 3 if it got the nod. It'd be the best Portuguese entry in YEARS for me, if not ever :o
I haven’t listened to them all but I like this one a lot too. Plus ‘saudade’ is a very Portuguese feeling to be singing about.

Wow, it's really nice!
Tbh I was afraid to listen to it, cause I've listened to DegraDe the other day and thought that they're all gonna be like that.

The Saudade performance is a bit disappointing. I was expecting more than gentle clapping in canary yellow.

I hope it gets a bit of a re-work before the final.

Gentle clapping in canary yellow DITCHED. :disco:

If they pick this tonight along with Cornelia for Sweden, this year will be redeemed.

Not yet. Better performance from PONGO tonight too. This would be a worthy winner as well.

MARO is ok but THIS is the ABSOLUTE TITS :disco:

I mean they’re not making it out of the semi with either so they may as well go for the FUN option.

There’s no way Pongo and friend are escaping the semi but SEND IT ANYWAY TO MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING

I like it, but I struggle to see where it picks up points in a world where O Jardim tanked so comprehensively.

I like it, but I struggle to see where it picks up points in a world where O Jardim tanked so comprehensively.
They're quite different vibe-wise? O jardim was much more of a mood kill, whereas this is more sweet and winsome. I don't know if it'll pick up many televotes, but the juries might like it. I'm mostly just delighted I get to spend the whole season with this song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom