Post an all-round TERRIBLE Eurovision entry

I genuinely like the studio version of this but the staging was obviously appallingly misjudged and the vocals piss poor. That said, I recently took to her a bit more after reading this:

https://wiwibloggs.com/2018/06/10/r...ualify-in-candid-eurovision-interview/223934/
Oh Gawd

Do you think that you were chosen to represent your country just because of the wheelchair?”

No, this year of course not.

“And last year?”

Last year…. I suppose yes, it was not for nothing. I think they needed a character with certain features. And, frankly speaking, I understood it…but it was a dream of my life to perform on the Eurovision stage and I could not refuse it.

She also defends Conchita from the mean homophobes of Russia (WHO DID VOTE FOR CONCHITA!)

I’ve done some calculations and I think this is a strong contender for the win, Switzerland 2004 - Piero & The Music Stars - Celebrate

A lot of the songs mentioned in this thread at least had the conviction of the singers behind them, but this is just an absolute tragedy - there is not a chance on this green earth that Piero thought this was the right thing to do and throughout this horror show he openly displays contempt, even hitting himself with his microphone at 0:40. You’re not getting out this that easily, my friend.

It’s actually quite difficult to get 0 at modern Eurovision with so many countries voting, but this really set new records. In my Charlie Brooker nightmare I am trapped in a Eurovision snowglobe with this being played on repeat until I die.

Does Julia even FEATURE in the I Won't Break performance? She's on screen for about TWO SECONDS in total :D

and yes, Piero & The Music Stars is quite possibly (and also mathematically) the most all-round terrible Eurovision entry EVER! :D

Such a literal anthem. Better than La Brabançonne. I have plenty of time for it. :disco:

Okay, here's one we can all agree was a load of shite. I'm sick of being the only one getting the answers correct.

I strongly disagree, and this entry is quite misunderstood. It was a well-intentioned attempt by the group to send an entry that stood for the following things, and when we look back now and compare to its contemporaries it should be rewarded for its bravery
  • gay rights
  • peace between Israel and Syria (the lead singer hoped that this entry would help and lead to a change in history forever)
  • humour and sexual liberation

peace between Israel and Syria (the lead singer hoped that this entry would help and lead to a change in history forever)
This seems ambitious. Not just anyone can dramatically alter the course of geopolitical history with a song. Only the true visionary David Hasselhoff has that power.

I strongly disagree, and this entry is quite misunderstood. It was a well-intentioned attempt by the group to send an entry that stood for the following things, and when we look back now and compare to its contemporaries it should be rewarded for its bravery
  • gay rights
  • peace between Israel and Syria (the lead singer hoped that this entry would help and lead to a change in history forever)

The original STATEMENTS. :emoji_hearts:

• gay rights
Sadly it ended up setting all of these causes back by several years. The UN famously decreed that gay Syrian female comedians were banned from voting in any election worldwide because of this.

Sadly it ended up setting all of these causes back by several years. The UN famously decreed that gay Syrian female comedians were banned from voting in any election worldwide because of this.

well if you really want to go down that route do you have any idea what Pirates of The Sea did for the Latvian Pirate Community?

Oh come on, the song was atrocious but that performance never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom