Pumpkin - what do you think?

Four cans of Strongbow and a bag of heroin please, Sonia

• Total voters

Zu

User
As requested by the lovely @COB, here’s something you’re ALL going to want to get involved in: a hot new chatbox about everyone’s favourite UK railway station outlet PUMPKIN. It’s a bar! It’s a café! It’s a newsagent! It’s staffed by the warmest people you could ever wish to meet! It’s everything you ever dreamt of and MORE MORE MORE!

Quoting myself for efficiency:
OMG this now immediately :disco: I have bored countless friends rigid with my tales of always having to pop into a Pumpkin when I'm in a station that has one, the one in Preston is a particular favourite but was CLOSED last time I visited! Although I did once go to the Clapham Junction branch and found it to have cold coffee and appalling service but I suppose that's what they call LONDON WEIGHTING :argh:

You can't be too angry at a café chain that has a minimum of TWO fruit machines per branch, though.

Posting the following picture for the benefit of non-UK viewers. Imagine this sort of luxury and exquisite signage in YOUR country. That’s right! YOU CAN’T EVEN!

Pumpkin-Wimbledon.jpg

Posting the following picture for the benefit of non-UK viewers. Imagine this sort of luxury and exquisite signage in YOUR country. That’s right! YOU CAN’T EVEN!

Pumpkin-Wimbledon.jpg

I initially read "sarnies" as "sardines" and didn't even BLINK

Haven't had the pleasure yet but a quick toot of brown would always be welcome just before boarding the 10:14 from Wilmslow to London Euston. Would add a certain edge to first class that a big hoof of ket just can't do.

I'd like to know what they use to make their tables so sticky.

Meanwhile the staff should all be critically reviewed. During most interactions I've offered better customer service.

Despite seeing them all the time I've never actually used them.

By the way, no need to call Social Services if I’m sounding more demented than usual. It’s the BENZOS :disco:

What a tease to know that perfect coffee exists but I don’t have access to it
Yes, sorry about that. I’ll start a petition to launch PUMPKIN in the States. The staff won’t need to wear themselves out saying “Have a nice day” to customers because it’s just not the PUMPKIN way :disco:

My 6’5” beardy psycho from years back had many flaws but he INSTANTLY knew the name of PUMPKIN when I once (inexplicably) couldn’t remember it. I thought, YOU’RE THE MAN FOR ME :(

I'm so glad dear @COB has an outlet for this now. I was there for the last Preston incident and the TANTRUM I had to deal with when he couldn't get his overpriced, underwarmed coffee was genuinely terrifying.

I haven't sampled their delights personally and I think I'm going to make it a point of principal to keep it that way.

I feel I MUST have used them on occasion (probably for buying Strongbow for the train, AS PREDICTED)

• Love
Reactions: Zu
Can we discuss AMT i always liked their Chai teas on a cold day in Bristol Temple Meads

Can we discuss AMT i always liked their Chai teas on a cold day in Bristol Temple Meads
Was that the one in the middle of the underpass? I always loved their cheese pretzels.

Was that the one in the middle of the underpass? I always loved their cheese pretzels.
Yes ! Used to visit when waiting for my connecting train from Exeter to Gloucester

May I respectfully request that any naughty longeurs wishing to engage in contretemps in this thread keep it to themselves over Nescafé and Oinks. 99% of those surveyed described PUMPKIN as A VERY SPECIAL TREAT and we wouldn’t want to taint the sharing of our fun memories and life highlights :disco:

one of my faves!

but i digress. i rate pumpkin. cover it in honey, crack a few walnuts over it, shove it in the oven and get it in my belly.
love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom