Queen Elizabeth II DEAD

Now I'm all for a FREE DAY OFF WORK (or would be if they still applied to me...) but I don't REALLY understand why we need another load of OLD POMP in addition to what we've already had. He's been sworn in ANYWAY and is already in the job, so it really isn't all that necessary...

Would it be another bank holiday? I suppose it would be. I agree with you, and certainly won’t be watching but many will and would “like the country to be united once again to HAIL KING CHARLES”. :zombie:

Would it be another bank holiday? I suppose it would be. I agree with you, and certainly won’t be watching but many will and would “like the country to be united once again to HAIL KING CHARLES”. :zombie:
Yeah, it definitely will be. Imagine if the gammons didn't get that :D

Being right on the seafront, I had such a good view of the outside world when Queenie was entombed. I was surprised at how busy it was. I don't think EVERYONE will be watching at all.

Liz Truss, not content with murdering our Queen, snuck a vial of potent covid air into the Abbey.

My Mother had a marvellous Meghan Markle faux pas yesterday.

Her: I thought Meghan Markle looked lovely. And you could see her welling up- the queen obviously meant a lot to her. All these people who moan about her are racist. I love her, even if she is black.
Me: Er, Mum, that last bit of the senten...
Her: (quickly trying to correct herself) I mean, I love her because she's black
Me: MUM!
Her: I DIDN'T MEAN IT THAT WAY, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

:D

My favourite one of these, which happens all the time, whether it be family, colleagues or whoever, almost always that generation, and usually in relation to foreigners, is the classic

"She's [insert random Eastern European nationality], BUT she's actually rather nice you know!" said with a mix of shock and absurd affection.

I mean, but what? Did you think she was going to NUKE you or something?

I'm sure it's been pointed out but it tickles me every time I see the first response to this thread is @Star's "but will we still get Eastenders?" comment :D

My favourite one of these, which happens all the time, whether it be family, colleagues or whoever, almost always that generation, and usually in relation to foreigners, is the classic

"She's [insert random Eastern European nationality], BUT she's actually rather nice you know!" said with a mix of shock and absurd affection.

I mean, but what? Did you think she was going to NUKE you or something?

Well, in fairness, I don't think THAT'S a great example right now... :D

Well, in fairness, I don't think THAT'S a great example right now... :D

Well yes scrap the nuke bit if that's what you mean!

I don't think any ill will is meant by people doing it as such, it just makes me laugh people have to add that surprise "BUT they're really nice" probably because of some deep internal FEAR OF FORINS

This is mild tbh, on my first day in the UK I had someone who thought it was a good idea to inform me that english toilets are not just a hole on the ground :D

I know this is not the thread for it but when I first came to Britain I was asked with a mixture of SHOCK and AWE whether we had AERIALS in Spain.

20220921_172133.jpg

20220921_172145.jpg

I know Holly and Phil's lawyers are about to POUNCE.

And on that note I didn't steal a Buttertart joke, it's just a Spanish fact

Is this the first Eurovision mention in this thread? I guess it had to happen and given she's been dead for 6 years now I doubt Liz will mind

I'm sure it's been pointed out but it tickles me every time I see the first response to this thread is @Star's "but will we still get Eastenders?" comment :D

Actually that post really should be in the other thread, I made it as they were talking about the scheduling being pulled rather than in response to the Queen dying :(

If you are interested in the pall bearers at the funeral then the Daily Mali has a piece on each and every one of them now as their main news story. :o

Actually that post really should be in the other thread, I made it as they were talking about the scheduling being pulled rather than in response to the Queen dying :(
Orf with her head!

Also Dan Wooton is going in on Phil and Holly. I only read the headline but it was enough to make me feel dirty for visiting the website in the first place. Trying to take the heat off himself obviously. :evil:

If you are interested in the pall bearers at the funeral then the Daily Mali has a piece on each and every one of them now as their main news story. :o
:horny:

Dan Wootton is one of the few who could have me feeling sympathy for Schofield.

It's a non fucking story. Get over it (unless there are any more amusing memes).

Surprised Dan isn’t still busy perfecting the touching images of him leaving flowers outside Buckingham Palace.

I’m not entirely sure WHY it’s interesting, but the fact the news/ world at large has almost immediately just got back entirely to normal feels really ODD. Almost like we only have a shit about the pomp and what we were spoon fed by a media who just thought they had to respect the mourning period.

I’m not entirely sure WHY it’s interesting, but the fact the news/ world at large has almost immediately just got back entirely to normal feels really ODD. Almost like we only have a shit about the pomp and what we were spoon fed by a media who just thought they had to respect the mourning period.
It had just been planned for years and it was always going to happen that way. They're mourning in private now, so there's not even any visuals, plus a shit ton going in elsewhere.

Not sure how this mourning period compared to the last one. Obviously there was barely one TV channel back then. 10 days seemed VERY EXCESSIVE, but that would have been less impactful in 1952.

I think the ten days thing is something left over from another age and part of the reason it feels strange to just stop dead (pun intended).

So less than 4% of the US population.

I saw a claim of 4 billion globally yesterday. Without receipts I'd be surprised if it made a billion.

So less than 4% of the US population.

I saw a claim of 4 billion globally yesterday. Without receipts I'd be surprised if it made a billion.

The More of Less podcast said the Beeb never claimed 4 billion, it was a parody/fan account or something that claimed the beeb had said that, and everyone just parroted that

The More of Less podcast said the Beeb never claimed 4 billion, it was a parody/fan account or something that claimed the beeb had said that, and everyone just parroted that
I wasn't aware that the BBC had supposedly claimed anything. But 5bn+ was claimed on the day (without as far as i could see it any source), and 4bn yesterday, which was picked up by the Radio Times, although they weren't the source. But yes, people jump all over it.

Just spoke to my dad. Canada "not that bothered". Given that my dad is in British Columbia which is pretty flag-wavy, that was a wee bit of a surprise. Maybe we are all moving on right enough.

For those still following this storyline. We have a new cypher, and the new currency will be in circulation from "mid 2024".

I wonder if it's been long-designed or if they'll just start now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom