Róisín Murphy's Career DEAD (Cause: TERFism)

There is a FB account seeming to belong to her with that avatar...

This is so disappointing :( I'm hoping she's not fully down the rabbit hole and is open to discussion on the issue.

I for one am shocked and sickened that she’s not thinking APPROVED THOUGHTS. Did nobody send her the script? I think this will be easily resolved by turning up at her house, screaming in her face and telling her what to think, perhaps with a boot up the gee if she insists on dissent :disco:

Image Eye Roll GIF by AnimatedText

let's see what her response is. if she's only commented on hormone blockers it doesn't necessarily make her a terf. she's SO heavily involved with the community, we need more info before rushing to any conclusions.

I for one am shocked and sickened that she’s not thinking APPROVED THOUGHTS. Did nobody send her the script? I think this will be easily resolved by turning up at her house, screaming in her face and telling her what to think, perhaps with a boot up the gee if she insists on dissent :disco:
I don’t feel like you’d be saying this if she was making homophobic comments?

Well the good news is that, if history has taught us anything, she’s definitely not going to double down on this and make it the sole focus of her personality moving forwards... 🙃

I was going to delete all her songs in protest, but I realise I've never listened to her, so I've done the next best thing and blocked Goldfrapp on Spotify instead.
Poor Alison. 🥲

:ToneNervous:

The James Dreyfus of Moopy

She's playing at the Connect festival in Edinburgh tomorrow - I'm wondering if she'll make some reference to it when she's on stage, but maybe her strategy is to just totally ignore it? Which would be bold but probably not very wise.

Her planned gig tonight got postponed. Edinburgh will be interesting for want of a better word. She'll be due on stage around 6pm. I hope the venue puts up trans flags by her dressing room etc.

Reactions: COB
Her planned gig tonight got postponed. Edinburgh will be interesting for want of a better word. She'll be due on stage around 6pm. I hope the venue puts up trans flags by her dressing room etc.

It's a festival gig, most people won't know who the hell she is.

oh dear. she finally responded by... pinning this comment under her ig post.

IMG_3982.jpeg

stick a fork in her, she's done. she won't have much of a fanbase to play her wacko gigs to after this.

The "Don't call me a TERF, but-" ones always jump near-instantaneously into confirming that they're already far down the rabbit hole and their brains have been eaten through by worms.

"don't socially affirm them either". Oh, she's a full on prick.

Let kids be kids!!!!

Whoops! Looks like they killed themselves. We were probably still right though…

I'm enjoying the new thread title, though it's somewhat generous to the health of her career before this

I'm enjoying the new thread title, though it's somewhat generous to the health of her career before this

Well she just duetted with global super star Jessie Ware

An ACT OF CHARITY from the EMPRESS OF POP which I worry may backfire on her now

I actually can't think of anything that would destroy my soul more than Jessie being a terf (or anything less than a saint) so let's not manifest please.

Also Roisin has always given off CVNT energy. Jessie couldn't be lovelier.

Urgh at this. How disappointing and sobering.

I don't think so darling. Jessie seems strongly invested in the LGBTQ+ community, I don't think she's that kinda gal.

I hope not but I kinda felt two ways about Starmer being on Table Manners the week Labour dropped e.g. the self-ID pledge at the end of July. I want to think it's just a coincidence and to be fair, she has never said anything that would make it seem like she's just LGB.

at the end of the day Table Manners isn't just an echo chamber for guests with the same political standing as Jessie and Lennie. they have all kinds of people on, as if they would NOT have the future PM (ugh) on when the opportunity arose.

I want to think it's just a coincidence and to be fair, she has never said anything that would make it seem like she's just LGB.
Had Róisín given any cause for concern before?

Had Róisín given any cause for concern before?

Precisely. But as long as someone hasn't (though silence sometimes speaks louder than words), I have to go based on the benefit of doubt. Otherwise I might just as well bin my entire spotify library cause who knows etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom