Róisín Murphy's Career DEAD (Cause: TERFism)

Although I hate that banner - no Gala, Gina G, Valerie Cherish, Alexia, Lady Miss Kier, Siouxsie, Annie Douglas? Honestly.

Here for Kier 👋

Where IS she? I seen on IMDB she did some short or TV doc cameo traipsing about some place, shops or gallery, tried to message the director and got absolutely nowhere with it. Have you seen it? Because if anyone will have it's you.

Back to terfy though, but also back to Kier, when Overpowered came out all I could really think is "why is Lady Kier not getting an album out?" I loathe to say it, but what a waste - it's 29 years since she had an album out. Sigh.

Where IS she? I seen on IMDB she did some short or TV doc cameo traipsing about some place, shops or gallery, tried to message the director and got absolutely nowhere with it. Have you seen it? Because if anyone will have it's you.

Back to terfy though, but also back to Kier, when Overpowered came out all I could really think is "why is Lady Kier not getting an album out?" I loathe to say it, but what a waste - it's 29 years since she had an album out. Sigh.
I honestly have no clue where she’s at. Her twitter/x got hacked and I’ve not seen her post on anything for ages 😞

I need a smiling lovingly across the table Trump there as well.

IMG_3657.jpeg

Pitchfork being useful for once and providing the entertainment of TERFs getting mad at them for not reviewing the album yet. They'll probably get around to it, I don't think they have it in them to be that funny.

It's the next album that will tell us if she has a career, or whatever touring she does. There was an appreciable buzz, the album already had a few excellent reviews before she put her foot in it and pre-orders were impressive (and non-cancellable). She'll likely land at about #8 and then disappear the following week.

Her new audience requires constant reinforcement and stimulation as she's likely already discovered vis-à-vis "I checked!", just wait for the next incident honestly.

I wonder if we'll be looking at a Claire Richards/Rita Ora-esque run of 2-OUT next week?

I suspect not, but it'd be fun

I wonder if we'll be looking at a Claire Richards/Rita Ora-esque run of 2-OUT next week?

I suspect not, but it'd be fun
I think that’s quite common with the album chart these days. Last week’s number 1 is dropping to 69 in this week‘s midweeks, for example.

I don't think she'll hold at #2. Claire certainly had a bigger cushion. It must be reasonably likely that she'll fall out week two though, wherever she charts. Three of her previous albums (and the latest two) have all only had one week on the charts.

I think that’s quite common with the album chart these days. Last week’s number 1 is dropping to 69 in this week‘s midweeks, for example.
A number #1 album is now quite easily achievable in the UK - you just have to pick your week carefully and then persuade your fanbase to buy 2 or 3 (or more) copies of the album in a bundle. The following week when it comes down to stragglers and streaming, you can plummet out of the top 50 but you can still put "NUMBER ONE ALBUM" on your US tour adverts.

charts at #5. what a shame this is her best peak and not Roisin Machine when she was UNPROBLEMATIQUE

The album has performed better than she might have expected in this day and age. I guess how well tickets sell for the tour dates she announced will be the real indication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom