RANDOM THINGS YOU HATE

The use of 'mid' as an adjective - where did it come from and how does it stop?

I’ve noticed my step dad does something really fucking jarring

So he’ll sit with the TV at normal volume but will be watching something on his phone/tablet on YouTube whilst the TV is on? He’s in the same room.

Am I being really petty or is this ridiculous?

One of my old flatmates would purposely get home from work before me so she could shotgun the sofa to watch her dreadful scripted reality shows all evening, but what really pissed me off is that she’d spend the night flicking through her phone so not really watching it.

That would drive me INSANE

It also made me realise that all these Kardashian type shows that do crazy ratings probably have zero engagement levels because people are using them mostly for background noise. It’s literally moving wallpaper

One of my old flatmates would purposely get home from work before me so she could shotgun the sofa to watch her dreadful scripted reality shows all evening, but what really pissed me off is that she’d spend the night flicking through her phone so not really watching it.

That would drive me INSANE

It also made me realise that all these Kardashian type shows that do crazy ratings probably have zero engagement levels because people are using them mostly for background noise. It’s literally moving wallpaper
Ugh, can relate.

And definitely also the taking a phone call thing. If I got a phone call at home while casually watching TV with the flatmate and the call was clearly going to be a “chat” rather than anything quick, I would LEAVE THE ROOM and more importantly do it in private.

She doesn’t. She stands outside the living room shouting on the stairs and I have to listen to her rambling on until it’s over.

I didn't know that either 😅
The phone call thing is a bit annoying, more so if it's someone else on a video call, and I sort of want to avoid appearing, but I 'improvise' if I am asked to speak or appear. :D
For TV, it's sometimes the other way as in the TV is on too loud/can hear it more than whoever's speaking, when calling family.

Another one is when people (even teachers) announce they're dyslexic (when they're not) as an excuse for not bothering to write or spell properly. :rolleyes:
It seems some deleted user on this had the same thing in mind, haha.

I do love nothing more than looking at the renovation pictures of hideous gay’s disgusting houses in the provinces!
what a lovely GREY CARPET that is, and purple under unit lighting in the kitchen? TRES CHIC!

Quite. I love architecture and unusual houses, but seriously no one gives a SHIT about another 1970s home renovated with one of those wanky fishtank style fireplaces and a 50" tv on the chimney breast

Ugh, can relate.

And definitely also the taking a phone call thing. If I got a phone call at home while casually watching TV with the flatmate and the call was clearly going to be a “chat” rather than anything quick, I would LEAVE THE ROOM and more importantly do it in private.

She doesn’t. She stands outside the living room shouting on the stairs and I have to listen to her rambling on until it’s over.
I’ve come to realise this type of behaviour is far more common than one may think.

Imagine being THAT obnoxious.

Nopheads get in way walking ant looking going move mofos head in twats shops think no more u 😡😡🥹🥹😂😂👊🏼😎😎

Ligers kool

Supermarkets that suddenly move a lot of their regular products off the shelves to make room for shit seasonal ranges for Easter, Christmas etc.

Even worse, when the said shit season is over, and they forget to put the regular products back.

How people make a big deal of 'adulting' :gross: and thinking everyone should.

People don't 'grow up' in the same way or at the same time, and it sounds even more silly than being 'young at heart'.

Seagulls.

I was having a lovely day today wandering through town and was followed by a relentless seagull that wanted what I was eating (and it wasn't even anything special). The stupid thing waited for me as I exited Subway and followed me RUNNING on foot for FIFTEEN MINUTES. I turned around and walked AT it, hoping it'd do the one thing it's good at: fly the fuck off, and it just FRONTED ME, the cocky little twat. It looked at me as if to say "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHY AREN'T YOU GIVING ME THAT ENTIRE SANDWICH?"

I was slightly concerned at first that it was injured, but trust me the Usain Bolt performance said otherwise, and I did catch it take to the sky eventually so clearly just an absolute antagonistic chancer.

Seagulls.

I was having a lovely day today wandering through town and was followed by a relentless seagull that wanted what I was eating (and it wasn't even anything special). The stupid thing waited for me as I exited Subway and followed me RUNNING on foot for FIFTEEN MINUTES. I turned around and walked AT it, hoping it'd do the one thing it's good at: fly the fuck off, and it just FRONTED ME, the cocky little twat. It looked at me as if to say "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHY AREN'T YOU GIVING ME THAT ENTIRE SANDWICH?"

I was slightly concerned at first that it was injured, but trust me the Usain Bolt performance said otherwise, and I did catch it take to the sky eventually so clearly just an absolute antagonistic chancer.
Growing up we had a factory with a flat roof right behind our house and the fuckers would never shut up. EVIL FUCKERS

Seagulls.

Seagull’s don’t bother me as I have never lived by the sea. But I am scarred for life as I went out for a weekend to Brighton with my ex and a HAREM of them came in amongst us and an idiot chucked a loose brick up and brought a seagull down with it. SCARRED FOR LIFE.

Ads for app games

Fucking hell I assume it’s only because politicians are mostly old and don’t get targeted the same way but how has nobody who is responsible for advertising standards not picked up on how bad they are?

Game footage that doesn’t actually appear in the game

Blatant encouragement to gamble with actual money

Misrepresentation of how easy it is to win money

Using fake animations to look like you can win and transfer winnings to your bank in seconds

Using actors to pretend to be shocked when winning cash within seconds on a game they’ve never seen before

ALSO

the ads that appear within other apps that make it impossible to leave without clicking into the App Store, thereby giving the ads false click through numbers.

WHO IS MONITORING THIS SHIT

People who bring dogs to office then allow the dogs to FOLLOW THEM TO THE TOILET?!?
Who does this other than blind people? Actually we had a blind lady in our policy team once but she was obviously not totally blind. Her lovely Labrador stayed behind when she went to the loo/kitchen.

My old boss used to bring her old dog to work. Lovely old massive Siberian husky. Shame about the incontinence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom