RANDOM THINGS YOU HATE

I like fancy scotch eggs
The outside of them
But whyyyyyyy do they always have to have the snotty yolk?
Runny yolk that is cold, is DISGUSTING.

Sorry if this has been covered but why aren't MOBILE ADS monitored and governed properly? On some ads it's impossible to do anything without clicking to the download store (in my case iTunes) to exit the ad. I don't know any other digital advertising sector that gets away with that.

Also - some of the ad content is completely misleading or totally untrue. I see they now have to include "does not represent actual gameplay" notices in TINY writing, but not all of them are doing it. The worst one is the guy interviewing the fake girl on the street and in ten seconds she wins 50 quid playing a game (pretends to be shocked). I'm very ANTI the promotion of gambling and targeting vulnerable addicts that way but that might just be a personal thing...

Anyway the point is it feels like a bit of a WILD WEST and it irratates me.

Sorry if this has been covered but why aren't MOBILE ADS monitored and governed properly? On some ads it's impossible to do anything without clicking to the download store (in my case iTunes) to exit the ad. I don't know any other digital advertising sector that gets away with that.

Also - some of the ad content is completely misleading or totally untrue. I see they now have to include "does not represent actual gameplay" notices in TINY writing, but not all of them are doing it. The worst one is the guy interviewing the fake girl on the street and in ten seconds she wins 50 quid playing a game (pretends to be shocked). I'm very ANTI the promotion of gambling and targeting vulnerable addicts that way but that might just be a personal thing...

Anyway the point is it feels like a bit of a WILD WEST and it irratates me.
I've noticed some where the X to close the ad seems to be a bit off so you miss it and it takes you to the store. Might be a case of FAT THUMBS but I'm sure there's a deliberate design flaw in there too.

Agreed with the inappropriate content as well. Our five year old was using the iPad to play a child friendly game and adds for a zombie game kept appearing which was really quite graphic and unpleasant. You'd expect a zombie add on a zombie game, not a child-friendly farm game.

People who queue up to board the plane when it isn’t even boarding, why are you like this?

Aside from from the pointless standing in a queue, I’ve never understood why anyone would want to be on a plane for any minute longer than they have to.

I don’t recall where I was last talking about this awful twitter account which I don’t follow but is constantly in my feed because I guess other gays find it hilarious.

I have no interest in/opinion on Denise Welch but I’m just baffled. What exactly is the joke here?

People asking for TIPS is getting quite out of control.

Especially when they ask for 1/3 of a tip from the total price of what you paid :shock: I just SHIVER now whenever the barista is done taking my coffee order and gives the iPad a turn. Listen Kayleigh, back in my days, a tip was given AFTER you were served.

I don’t recall where I was last talking about this awful twitter account which I don’t follow but is constantly in my feed because I guess other gays find it hilarious.

I have no interest in/opinion on Denise Welch but I’m just baffled. What exactly is the joke here?

I assume this is because she's playing the Queen in the Diana stage musical. Yes really.

• Wow
Reactions: VoR
People who cancel things at the last minute. Emergencies happen, but why do they seem to happen to the same people so often that they literally cancel more often than they actually follow through on anything? I’ve stopped inviting some people to things now because they’re just so unreliable.

I hate it. I referred to it as 'problematic' on here previously and our dear Zu, before she left for Mumsnet, acted like I was being some sort of WOKE SNOWFLAKE.

But to me this is gay twitter - one of the finest things in the right hands - done in a weirdly unpleasant way. Frequently grotty and a bit misogynistic, and laced with malice in a way that ain't needed. They really revelled in that 'Denise Welsh is dead' stuff across multiple posts. The person behind it can't have much else going on.

A shame because there's gold amongst the dross, like this fabulous little find from yesterday:

Reactions: VoR
Especially on emails when their address is RIGHT THERE IN PLAIN SIGHT. Then it's rude AND a bit weird

I had an old boss called Cat. She used to get Kat, Kate, Cathy, all sorts

My brother always spells my sons name wrong, hes an english teacher.

People who CONSTANTLY need to borrow a phone charger at work. If you’ve done this more than once, consider bringing one with you or buying one to leave wherever you store your other things?

Unless they're saying something interesting, in which case I want to eavesdrop

I’ve noticed my step dad does something really fucking jarring

So he’ll sit with the TV at normal volume but will be watching something on his phone/tablet on YouTube whilst the TV is on? He’s in the same room.

Am I being really petty or is this ridiculous?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom