RAYE - Bed + Regardless

Jark

User

Top of New Music Friday. A bit of a Jolene-esque banger...

I was about to post this. Sounds a bit like Ava Max to me.

Either way it's instant pop gratification.

This is fantastic :disco:

I’ve really liked the last few singles

Like this very much and hope that she may be primed for a proper solo hit.

The video is great too:

this song really is quite fabulous and highly addictive. Love Me Again flashbacks.

This is a gold star bop. Actually I think it's my favourite thing she's done. I hope we're not too far off from an EP if not an album.

the perfect getting a bit trashed on a Friday night remix to elevate this song even further

OKAY months late but this just popped up on my spotify. LOVE it !

Yes ! That’s another good one. Spotify lined up “Love me again” after that which had never heard before and is also great!

Love Me Again is a great song, she just needs a crossover Spotify hit

I kind of thought (hoped) that Natalie Don't might push through, but sadly not.

I'm liking Regardless a lot on first listen, and it does sound like a hit. Coincidentally, I actually listened to Rapture yesterday for the first time in months. I'll listen to the rest in a little; there's something about her I really like

I’ll give this a listen for sure hun xxx

the EP is out! new track with Rudimental is great, Walk On By samples Natalie Don't (very well) and All Dressed Up is a lovely ballad. Change Your Mind is new too.

she really delivered with this project. she's found a really distinct sonic identity. also by 2020 standards it's essentially a proper album.

@FetchFugly @Alex @Pipo @Beryl @RJN @northernlad @SDF @POP!

Yes, all good stuff! :disco:

This is ok, and has some cute moments - but it all just sounds a bit OLD MAIDEN for Raye, possibly a reason why it just doesn't seem to be connecting.
It's a bit the younger end of the Radio 2 playlist - she's only 23!

I maintain that Love Me Again would have been a SMASH HIT had it been recorded by Jess Glynne (SOLO) or somebody similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: D5K
LOVING Regardless. Like the more refined elder sibling to Ava Max's hot new trashfest.

Agree it sounds as though it could be THE ONE for her (again) but I'll check out the other new stuff. Please Don't Touch is probably still my favourite.

Regardless sounds so much like an Ina Wroldsen track ('Breathe' specifically, but also the general vibe) I was surprised to see she wasn't involved. Good tune though.

I maintain that Love Me Again would have been a SMASH HIT had it been recorded by Jess Glynne (SOLO) or somebody similar.

I still think this can be a hit. It just needs exposure. It's just so good and sounds current

Regardless is fantastic. I hadn't realised the Breathe comparison but it's definitely apt. I fucking love Breathe. This one is a bit more ELEGANT though. Co-produced by Punctual who also did a killer remix of Natalie Don't.

I'm ready to become the @dUb of the Moopy RAYE standom. the harder she flops the more I'm entranced :disco:

Reactions: dUb
I'm quite surprised @wurst thinks she's serving Radio 2 here :D not hearing that but on the whole it's hardly Radio 1 material either I SUPPOSE

she's just so CLASSY! Sophisticated pop queen!

try to picture me tipsy in the cab home
on the Sunset Strippin' skies of California
as the tears roll down and fall onto my phone

:disco:

Walk On By is a hard 10

I LIKE this, but it's a bit different to her dance collabs and previous material. I enjoy it, but I can see why it's not connecting.
As I said Radio 2 would snap it up, Radio 1? I'm not so sure this late in the campaign unless it's a proven smash, and 1X have ABANDONED HER :D

Poor forgotten Confidence :(

try to picture me tipsy in the cab home
on the Sunset Strippin' skies of California
as the tears roll down and fall onto my phone

:disco:

Walk On By is a hard 10

This and Regardless are the highlights of the new stuff but there are no duds. Really strong collection.

So this project/mini-album but definitely not an album is getting a CD release.

Regardless is such a LEISURELY BANGER. really takes it's time. And at the end it picks up the energy a bit without exactly getting BREATHLESS. I love it

and Secrets still pops the fuck OFF

Reactions: RJN
15 minute MTV doc about the making/writing of the album :disco: she's such a RIOT!

her personality gives me early Adele, but for the Instagram generation. I'm sure the commercial success will follow.

this should've been the song exploder over Dua :D

Regardless added by Radio 1. new year smasha please.

here's my RAYE'T

10 Love Me Again
09 Change Your Mind
09 Regardless
08 Secrets
09 Natalie Don't
08 All Dressed Up
09 Please Don't Touch
10 Walk On By
08 Love of Your Life

looking like a top 20 debut this week and video coming Friday. here for RAYE taking over the world (or at least the UK).

I like Bed for another feature single but I prefer her own stuff. Been listening to the album a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom