Relisten #4: Light Years & Fever (TONIGHT 7.30pm)

So Now Goodbye is VERY Disco. There are bits that remind me of I Love It. :o :disco:

10 Spinning Around
09 On A Night Like This

So did this come STRAIGHT AFTER the 'indie Kylie reads poetry and bangs rock stars' era?

She really said THANKS NME but I'm gonna give the gays everything they've ever wanted.

Kylie is serving serious DOM TOP ENERGY with the vocal on So Now Goodbye. she sounds very IN COMMAND. I love that for her.

Every part of this song is amazing, especially the verses, but the bit in the middle 8 where it gets super swirly homo disco and then drops out a bit and then comes CRASHING BACK IN WEARING A MASSIVE STRAP-ON and Kylie emits a "woo!" because she KNOWS she's THAT BITCH - well, that's my queen.

10 Spinning Around
11 On A Night Like This
09 So Now Goodbye

10 Spinning Around
10 On A Night Like This
08 So Now Goodbye

So did this come STRAIGHT AFTER the 'indie Kylie reads poetry and bangs rock stars' era?

She really said THANKS NME but I'm gonna give the gays everything they've ever wanted.
She was an OBSERVANT queen and knew what she had to do.

Imagine if Light Years had flopped. She'd been POP TOILET by now. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Reactions: GNL
So Now Goodbye sounds like it was recorded in a different era

I can't quite put a finger on it but there's something about the songwriting across this album that I really love - a lot of the lyrics feel very CAPITAL-P POP but in a slightly OLD SCHOOL way. Disco Down exemplifies this well:

It's been ten years now this Sunday
Since you left, or was it Monday?
Time can fly... when you're still in love
Now I boogie in my dreams
to Le Freak or Dancing Queen
Baby I... still recall those things

You wouldn't get lyrics like that from a major pop girl in 2020. and Kylie herself doesn't have lyrics like that anymore. but I really love the imagery.

10 Spinning Around
11 On A Night Like This
09 So Now Goodbye
10 Disco Down

She was an OBSERVANT queen and knew what she had to do.

Imagine if Light Years had flopped. She'd been POP TOILET by now. Doesn't bear thinking about.
Seeing other people try and chase the pink pound after the success of Light Years was quite something... EXHIBIT A:
Fabulous_%28Sheena_Easton%29.jpg

Disco strings!
Twiddly electro bits!
Spoken word bits!
Referencing ABBA!

TENS, TENS, TENS ACROSS THE BOARD! :disco:

Reactions: GNL
10 Spinning Around
10 On A Night Like This
08 So Now Goodbye
10 Disco Down

I never seem to think of On A Night Like This as a personal favourite but when it's on GOD it really CUMS ALL OVER YOUR TITS! :disco:

A song I would very much like to hear on a messy night out, which makes me think that quite possibly my only option is to go one of the hun @monsta's legendary club nights :disco:

10 Spinning Around
10 On A Night Like This

I OFTEN played the Kiss Me Once tour mix :disco:

10 Spinning Around
09 On A Night Like This
08 So Now Goodbye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom