Relisten #5: Body Language & X (28/10/20 at 7:30pm)

09 - 2 Hearts
10 - Like a Drug
10 - In My Arms
11 - Speakerphone
08 - Sensitized
07 - Heart Beat Rock
08 - The One
07 - No More Rain.
09 - All I See
06 - Stars
06 - Wow
12 - Nu-di-ty
02 - Cosmic.

This is not the same woman who left me a QUIVERING WRECK but a track ago. Give me her back immediately.

Now do you get why this is absolutely a playlist album?

I think the only way "Cosmic" could have worked or served any purpose is if it was wheeled out for a high profile post-cancer recovery holiday perf to appeal to the braindeads. As it is, it's pretty useless and the lyrics are terrible.

07 2 Hearts
10 Like A Drug
10 In My Arms
11 Speakerphone
08 Sensiti'z'ed
03 Heart Beat Rock
10 The One
06 No More Rain
06 All I See
09 Stars
08 Wow
07 Nu-DAAAA-teeeee?
05 Cosmi.....k

10 Magnetic Electric

I think having played both back to back the strengths of Body Language and the weaknesses of X jump out with equal force - even though my overall favourite two or three songs of the night all come from X.

here's my fantasy X tracklist

01. Like a Drug
02. In My Arms
03. The One
04. White Diamond (uptempo)
05. Ruffle My Feathers
06. Sensitized
07. Speakerphone
08. No More Rain
09. Cherry Bomb
10. Rippin' Up the Disco
11. Stars
12. I Don't Know What It Is
13. Flower
14. Do It Again
15. 2 Hearts
(bonus: King or Queen)

Last edited:
09 2 Hearts
09 Like A Drug
10 In Your Arms
11 Speakerphone
10 Sensitized
10 Heart Beat Rock
08.5 The One
06 No More Rain
04 All I See
10 Stars
09 Wow
04 Nu-di-ty
06 Cosmic

Wow - unbelievable that this was the bread winner of the "X" era in the end, it's cheese is almost dreadfully CRASS. But it is a bit of a dizzy brainless number and that's kind of fun sometimes. But it's hard to play it objectively these days.

Nu-Di-Ty - Not hateful, filthy production (it really is like "Freakshow") and the quirky vibe elevate it somewhat

Cosmic - And we're done (although not that bad, there's a really sweet bit in there I've already forgotten)

07 2 Hearts
10 Like A Drug
10 In My Arms
09 Speakerphone
09 Sensitized
07 Heart Beat Rock
11 The One
08 All I See
09 Stars
07 Wow
07 Nu-Di-Ty
05 Cosmic

07 2 Hearts
10 Like A Drug
10 In My Arms
10 Speakerphone
09 Sensitized
06 Heartbeat Rock
11 The One
06 No More Rain
06 All I See
06 Stars
06 Wow
06 Nu-di-ty
00 Cosmic

My ideal version of the X track list is coming shortly.

listening to Cherry Bomb. it's such a Blackout off-cut. :D quite a THRILL though! if anything it should've given a slightly more RAVEY makeover :disco:

Thanks everyone for joining!

To sum it up, Body Language is the better album but X has the "higher highs".

Reactions: COB
How many tracks did she supposedly record for the X sessions? It must be a ridiculous number.

How many tracks did she supposedly record for the X sessions? It must be a ridiculous number.
I thought there were 49 or 50 confirmed demos. A few of these may have actually only been sung by session singers ("When the Cat Gets Away" for example) but the number is up there. @Eddie ?

Both albums are fabulous in their own way, X is just a mess is all. But nowhere near as bad as people make out

Thanks @POP! that was a ride :disco:

Around 50 wasn’t it?
she might have recorded 50 but the songs written/intended for those sessions must've been way beyond that?

some of the tracks on the infamous LEAKED DEMOES CD weren't even vocalled by her. I imagine the total number for those sessions was closer to 100

I thought there were 49 or 50 confirmed demos. A few of these may have actually only been sung by session singers ("When the Cat Gets Away" for example) but the number is up there. @Eddie ?

There are so many more. I linked to one that I hadn’t even heard before in a thread on moopy a few months ago and LITERALLY NO ONE replied. :(

We definitely need at least another listen or two to mop up b sides/bonuses etc

I think most are on YouTube if not Spotify, aren't they?

There are so many more. I linked to one that I hadn’t even heard before in a thread on moopy a few months ago and LITERALLY NO ONE replied. :(

The thread in question. Turns out there is a THIRD song in Kylie’s back catalogue with the same title:

https://www.moopy.co.uk/threads/right-here-right-now.99629/

The Kylie Show was the best and the version of CGYOOMH was so good (not sure about the eyebrows tho)

I’ll post it here for anyone who can’t be bothered to click on the link.

Not much cop but:

X - POP!'s PICKS:

1. In My Arms
2. Like a Drug
3. Lose Control
4. Speakerphone
5. Sensitized
6. The One
7. Spell of Desire
8. Rippin' Up the Disco
9. When the Cat's Away
10. Wow