RuPaul's Drag Race

Not feeling the new album, but LOVE the title track... So un-Ru! Sounds like an 80s rock track!

'And I said who... who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
I'm telling the truth now,
We're all born naked and rest is drag!'

FABULOUS! (Actually quite a fair message too!)

Last edited:
Obviously loving 'Can I Get An Amen' too. :D

Disappointed that I don't adore the MICHELLE VISAGE duet :disco:

I think when it comes to RuPaul's music I'm very much into the SINGLES ONLY. So give me a bit of "Supermodel", "Main Event", "Glamazon", "Champion", "Don't be Jealous of my Boogie", "Covergirl" et al and that'll do me just fine. I don't think I NEED anymore.

Last edited:
I think ameraal should be ostracized for not loving Raven until he comes back to his senses.
they don't have no clothes that fit me and now i don't feel pretty. watching the finale tyra ftw!

Last edited:
I tend to agree Suedey. But the new album singles are good...!!!

I don't see how Kelly her dress was worse than Adore hers?

Love this song:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qca1_9ptKB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The problem with Kelly is she was just middle of the road. I've seen her acting reel and she's actually been in a lot of TV series, albeit bit parts. She just didn't stand out amongst the much bigger personalities of the show.

The problem was the split, the second batch has at least 2-3 queens who would have left before Kelly. But yeah she didn't live up to what she's supposed to be.

I don't actually think that much about the new album, but love the Michelle duet (yes I'll be 'spinning it' more than the lady himself), it's really soft, croaky, and touching. All the duets simply scream writers block though, and Amen really shouldn't have found its way here (although it's actually a highlight). Dance With U is the nearest to what made Glamazon such a strong application of various drastic shades of 90s dance textures. The rock-hungry title track is good: the shift in style takes him out of drag, which kind of fits the concept of the lyric. Fly Tonight has an early 2000s trance feel, with stabbing synths, that will probably grow on me faster than Michelle's beard. Modern Love is much the same - Ru can at least deliver a decent chorus with relative ease. Some of the songs are just quite weak on first listen though, and sometimes the music isn't really up to carrying the style over substance motif. Sissy That Walk has flashes of greatness, but the bleeps-and-bloops interruptions are not required. Adrenaline is the same: just when I'm getting carried away, the messy breakdown section kicks in and grinds it pretty much to a screeching halt (quite literally). Okay, I think I've actually talked myself into liking this album, but Let The Music Play is divine.

Oh my god the second episode is so fucking good, it turns one the first batch was just shit (also the theme and challenge were shit).

I love love Bianca, she's amazing. Milk is interesting, Trinity is the new Tyra but less hateful, Joselyn I initially hated but she seemed very sweet, Darienne is not gonna last long but at least one or two of the fat jokes landed and even sour puss Magnolia would have provided some entertainment if she had stayed. Even Untucked was the best it's been since season four and the conversation was actually interesting.

Thought the queens were better than last week as well. Loved Courtney her entrance, very on point. Joselyn her little laugh is kinda annoying, but not nearly as annoying as Laganja was last week. I'm living for Bianca. Very funny, but in a professional way. I saw some video's of her a few weeks ago and she'll turn it out this season.

My favorite quote is “Your couture reminds of a wedding: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, yellow, pink, red, chartreuse.”

I'm not a huge fan of Courtney, she's a singer and she likes to dress like a girl but I don't feel like she's a drag queen. It's like they are two separate things.

Magnolia was so fucking dreadful, she couldn't even walk properly.

Bianca is such a QoL.

I'm not a huge fan of Courtney, she's a singer and she likes to dress like a girl but I don't feel like she's a drag queen. It's like they are two separate things.

THIS.

She's beautiful but being pretty doesn't get you shit on Drag Race.

DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

I thought the two groups were well balanced. Again no one was that impressive on the runway. Everything about Magnolia was shit. Trinity BORED me to death, but was much more interesting on the runway when it mattered. Bianca is so witty and funny I really like her. Milk has a lot of potential. Courtney is very beautiful but yes she NEEDS to drag it up. The fat one was forgettable apart from her entrance.

Oh and I LOVED the end with the two groups meeting up. SO EXCITING :disco:

Oh and girls, can we take a moment to appreciate how HOT Milk and Magnolia are out of drag! :horny:

Milk out of drag is beautiful and hot, but I prefer Bianca as a man. I love the dimples, especially on a pocket gay.

Anyway, Bianca by a nose, then Milk, Courtney and finally Trinity at a push. Darienne looks like a Care Bear out of drag and did a decent lip sync, and Joslyn is very much making up the numbers. Magnolia was obviously just her own worst enemy, she was even worse than Kelly, a swordfish in headlights.

They should have used Gloria's version for the lip-sync. The 70s numbers never really work for me.

Last edited:
Okay bitches I'm up to speed now with this series.

I'd say from Batch 1, April is my favourite. And from Batch 2, Milk and Courtney Act are the two to watch. Bianca will get mean and nasty soon, I can sense it.

Now WERK.

Last edited:
just finishing season 3. and i will say this: fuck off shangela.

hi, dc!

You'll be very disappointed when she comes back in season 4.

I love drag Beyoncé but WTF are her teeth about? Get some GRILLS girl!

All Beyoncé queens have shit teeth and zero personality, it seems to be a requirement.

Gec7IEf.gif

I've finished season 2 (which I was advised was the best jumping-on point) and now have a minor DRAG DILEMMA - do I keep on going, or should I go back and watch season 1?

Actually now that I've watched the UNTUCKED Ep2, I must say that Bianca has grown on me an awful lot.

My prelim Series 6 top 5 (in no particular order):
1. Bianca
2. Courtney Act
3. April
4. Milk
5. Trinity

Gia is already annoying.

I've finished season 2 (which I was advised was the best jumping-on point) and now have a minor DRAG DILEMMA - do I keep on going, or should I go back and watch season 1?
I'd still watch season 1. There were some fun moments in there.

Oh and :D :D at the season 2 reunion episode - Tatianna was such a LUDICROUS BITCH and I really don't think she could help herself.

You'll be very disappointed when she comes back in season 4.

for real? :D is she fucking santino or something?
the poor queens of season 4 i bet their eyes rolled so hard they saw their brains

1) BIANCA FTW. The producers don't even particularly BOTHER with anyone else's talking head bits.

2) I posted this already but now that we've met her. Trinity WERKING! IT! OUT!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VKhLnr6lYFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom