Sam Ryder - Somebody

Where was it we were discussing rumours he was a secret Tory? Anyway, DEBUNKED!

Confirmed to be performing on Strictly on Blackpool week (20th November)

The release has been pushed back to 9th December now so that screwed that plan up
That's strange isn't it? That's reducing the period for Christmas sales from 5 to 2 weeks, and not having the album out there for a show which will get about 9m viewers.

As I posted elsewhere, he's on the Royal Variety Performance this year. That usually airs over the Christmas.

I wonder why they have done it. I imagine the new week may be less competitive as most of the big hitters are released by the end of November. So perhaps it may get a higher position week one?

He does have the Eurovision stans who are more likely to purchase the album then all his millions of TikTok followers who haven’t exactly been much use so far. The album has been on pre order since Eurovision I think, so the first week sales should be decent ish but will probably result in a lower chart position due to the time of year. He’d be better releasing in January. They’ve delayed it about four times now. I think the record company are in panic mode trying to score another hit. He must be under a lot of pressure.

That's strange isn't it? That's reducing the period for Christmas sales from 5 to 2 weeks, and not having the album out there for a show which will get about 9m viewers.

As I posted elsewhere, he's on the Royal Variety Performance this year. That usually airs over the Christmas.

I wonder why they have done it. I imagine the new week may be less competitive as most of the big hitters are released by the end of November. So perhaps it may get a higher position week one?
So he can get a break apparently

His album has been pushed back once from November 18. He did too much in festival season and couldn’t finish it but he didn’t announce the October date.

Dermot Kennedy pushed his back from September to November despite having a successful debut album. Lots of artists ran scared when Taylor and Drake announced their albums so it’s pretty normal.

After watching Strictly, Sam 100% appeals a lot to the casual audience in some weird way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom