Sanremo 2021

A bit more RESEARCH suggests that a show without a live audience going ahead in March is the favoured option with the shows sponsors and also prevents disruption with the record companies as they tend to keep the songs secret until the show itself.

I don’t know why they’ve been so adamant about having an audience anyway considering the auditorium surely can’t fit more than about 2,000 people in and half of them probably DIE from BOREDOM halfway through anyway.

NAOMI CAMPBELL is now co-hosting the opening night!! :D :disco:

Apparently her role will allow her to talk about fighting racism and promote civil rights. Kind of similar to last year when the female presenters had segments to discuss domestic abuse.

Naomi will be making easy money for her appearance. Last year they had Georgina Rodriguez stumble through an evening and she walked off with £125k.

I assume when they switch it on it opens a portal to another dimension?

Ooh I’m not sure if he did anything at Sanremo last year? @win_the_game to return and tell us the hot info.

He was a judge on X Factor for quite a while though, as was Arisa.

Ooh I’m not sure if he did anything at Sanremo last year? @win_the_game to return and tell us the hot info.

I don't recall Fedez making an appearance. Although I do have a HOT SANREMO FACT - he co-wrote Siamo uguali in 2015.

Francesca & Fedez's song is supposedly the successor to their previous collab from 2014:

800px-Sanremo_2021_-_Logo_%281%29.jpeg

So IL FESTIVAL DI SANREMO kicks off tonight. A marathon 4 hours and 50 minutes of QUALITY MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT every night this week. This should be available to watch on RaiPlay from 7:30 pm GMT if you're brave enough.

In terms of what we know so far, Naomi Campbell has pulled out from her presenting duties however we'll be treated to Zlatan Ibrahimović instead. :zombie:

All of the established and new acts had to declare if they were interested in taking part in Eurovision when they entered Sanremo. The winner automatically has the right to go to Eurovision if they wish. If they decline, the broadcaster Rai will choose the Italian representative from the list of interested acts.

For the uninitiated, Rai are sticking with their FAMOUSLY CONVOLUTED voting format, with the acts receiving scores from televoting, the demoscopic jury (a sample of music fans who vote at home), the press jury and the orchestra over the course of 5 evenings.

First and second nights - Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd March
Each evening half of the acts will perform. The Demoscopic jury will vote to determine a provisional ranking for all 26 songs in the competition.

The Nuove Proposte competition featuring 8 new acts will also start with half of them also performing each evening. They will be using a completely different voting system (!) with a ranking of their songs decided by a Demoscopic jury (33%), Press jury (33%) and televoting (34%). The top two from each evening will progress to the final held on the fourth evening.

A number of big names debuted via this competition - Mahmood, Ermal Meta and Francesco Gabbani all participated in 2016.

Third night - Thursday 4th March
All 26 acts will perform a cover version of a well-known Italian song of their choosing. The orchestra will vote on each performance and the scores added to the provisional rankings from the previous two evenings.

Fourth night – Friday 5th March
All acts will perform their song again. The Press jury (Sala stampa) will vote – made up of the accredited journalists who cover Sanremo in the press hall.

The final of the Nuove Proposte competition will also take place. The winner will be decided by the Demoscopic jury (33%), Press jury (33%) and televoting (34%).

Final – Saturday 6th March

Everyone performs YET AGAIN. 100% televoting. The votes will be added to the scores from the previous evenings to termine the average percentage each song has received. The final ranking from 26th to 4th place will be announced.

Voting will the re-open to decide the winner from the top three songs. This will be made up of the Demoscopic jury (33%), the Press jury (33%) and televoting (34%).

Last edited:
All you need to know is that they’ll select their entry in their own time, when they’re good and ready. Probably in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Very likely.

Due to Covid and the increased number of participants this year, they’ve had to reduce the length of the show each night and cut out the excess crud. :eyes:

Well of course as idiosyncratic as that sounds!

Their music industry revolves around Sanremo in the winter/spring months. Everyone is desperate for an opportunity to promote their music at the moment.

As a trade off they’ve reduced the numbers in the orchestra to about 50-60 people. I’m not really sure what difference that makes however.

So we already have one act having to delay their performance until tomorrow as they await the results of a Covid test.

Off to a good start then.

First song - Arisa - Potevi fare di più

I loved that even if it is a typical Sanremo ballad. Lovely set of talons as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom