She-Hulk (Disney+)

I like the character well enough (and I like Tatiana Maslany a lot) but it feels more like shorts than an actual show. And the wonky CGI does not help.

It’s fine, not offensive but I’m struggling to care.

This. I just hope it's worth what it seems to be building on. Unlike previous shows, this doesn't seem to be disconnected from the Avengers and company so that keeps it mildly interesting at least for me (she even acknowledges it, having cameos from Hulk, Wong, and Abomination as the main storyline; weren't Jessica Jones and Daredevil supposed to appear at some point?)

Is this the last TV show from the 4th phase? The series finale needs to be a huge reveal and they have to include at least a nod about Wakanda or whatever is next!

Also, WHERE is Titania???

Oh yes, Titania, I need to know! I’m so intrigued

This is a longer season isn’t it?

9 Episodes. I think WandaVision's been the longest one with 10 Episodes, the rest only had around 6 like Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight.

I actually hope it ISN'T leading to some big reveal or MCU moment, I like the idea of a legal procedural/slice of life sort of show that just happens to have superhero stuff in it. I'm tired of being edged for the sake of it :tongueout:

Maybe what I'm really asking for is the return of this Vanessa Hudgens-starring megaflop...
Powerless_TV_Series_poster.jpg

Edit: god she's really serving in that picture though :disco:

Last edited:
If they continue to release weekly the final episode should air a few weeks before Wakanda Forever, so they really should the it in somehow seeing as there's been little fanfare so far.

I don't feel it SHOULD lead to something, but considering we're approaching the end of Phase 4 and this being the last TV show of it and Wakanda being the final movie (we all know there is going to be a big MCU reveal in this one RIGHT?), it could be a nice Easter Egg to round up things nicely.

I don’t need it to factor into the MCU but I need it to tell a story. What I’m getting now is more like those 1 page comics.

We're definitely getting a story now that Abomination has been featured a bit more and they just introduced The Wreckers :disco:

This week's episode was great, all the magician stuff reminded me of Arrested Development :D

I feel sorry they have to rely so much on KING Wong. This is why I fear it may be leading to a bigger MCU build up.

Fun episode however I hate the turning and talking to the camera. It’s not funny.

This week's was great, particularly queen Patti Harrison as the bride - I didn't know she was going to be in this, so that was a lovely surprise.

Oh my god

Firstly I thought the wedding episode was shite and unoriginal considering how few wedding movies have hulks in them.

Last week wasn’t bad but a bit reductive tbh, and this week? WTF

I have no idea what the tone of this series is supposed to be, I feel like they’ve suddenly decided this is going to be a marvel series like the other ones? That’s a big swing in episode 8 of 9

REDUCTIVE! She’s a smart strong lawyer but so much of this series has been devoted to dorky WOOPS girl trying to find Ally McBeal through her life of sassy friends, cartoonish men and sassy black gay designers.

Fair enough to go for the online anti-women incel thing but Christ does it not mix with everything else

I watched the first episode as I was quite intrigued. I quite liked the humour, but 50% of the episode being CGI versions of her and He Hulk has put me off going back. Plus: Jameela Jamil :zombie:

I watched the first episode as I was quite intrigued. I quite liked the humour, but 50% of the episode being CGI versions of her and He Hulk has put me off going back. Plus: Jameela Jamil :zombie:

I know it seems weird for me to defend it after my last post, but that being said, Hulk hasn’t been in it since, and Jameela hardly at all, 2 episodes? (Again wtf is there a series arc at all?)

The final episode was cheesy but it worked :confused:

I take it that's it for She-Hulk and she won't be coming back? I can't imagine the character in a more dark, aloof and serious context like Infinity War and Endgame were; maybe they'll pigeonhole her as Spider Man was during both films (a slight comic relief here and there).

Hated it so much.

It’s just not the show for me, I found the ideas it was dealing with were so surface.

That was it, I felt like it started well, but then each storyline was just thrown out the window - she only handled one case didn't she?? She was the defendant more than the attorney, so I guess it's not a legal comedy? The banal dating in the 21st century stuff was shit, the incel haters club was from a much more serious show ...

And then at the end it just went " Lol guys this doesn't make any sense does it!!! let's just make a happy ending without any stakes or conclusion and lol1! thats all folks!"

Really hate when Marvel gets self-referential about its criticisms - it never actually changes anything, it just does a nudge-nudge-wink-wink, we can take a joke!

It's a JOURNEY about SELF-DISCOVERY you heartless BITCH!

LEt's see you get your blood infected. turn into a monster each time you lose it and deal with being single and over 30 (with a nice paid job and funky suits).

It's a JOURNEY about SELF-DISCOVERY you heartless BITCH!

LEt's see you get your blood infected. turn into a monster each time you lose it and deal with being single and over 30 (with a nice paid job and funky suits).

See that IS a story!! But they kept throwing other unrelated storylines in the way of it!

I got to episode 4 and had to stop. This is unfunny fluff with unbelievably terrible CGI and I wish Marvel would stop producing these pointless series which will always be handicapped by just being filler between the films. Absolute waste of time.

@ me when Agatha starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom