Simply Red - Fairground

Pleasure at the Fairground?

• Total voters
I don't mind it, but if it came on the radio I'd happily turn it off.

We bought tickets to see Simply Red just before the pandemic, it was delayed two years and by the time restrictions were lifted I just couldn't think of anything I'd less like to do than watch Mick Hucknall. šŸ˜¬

Still, he looks rather good on the Love and the Russian Winter album sleeve. :eyes:

He's always looked like Charlie Drake to me. I cannot comprehend him as a figure of lust at all.

He's definitely not a VISUAL act.

If I don't watch the video, A New Flame is genuinely an ace song. Fake also up there.

I abhorred Fairground at the time. But I think that was just because it was so unavoidable, with commercial radio having seemingly DELETED everything else from their record collections.

In retrospect, it's got a nice little wistful charm, albeit probably nothing without the Goodmen sample.

I cannot fathom anybody finding that Cabbage Patch Doll attractive, but I also didn't get Ed Sheeran, so hey

I had to go Spotify Fake because I don't remember it. The difference between the album mix and the radio mix! They're different songs. The radio mix is nice.

"Love and the Russian Winter" is one of the worst album titles ever. And that's from someone who has two copies of "A Sucked Orange"!

My mum absolutely hammered the back out of this song from 1995 to about 2005. A relentless solid decade of this.

I canā€™t bare it.

Also the -1 option is absolutely hysterical :D A rare instance where it really is necessary

There's quite the Lauren Harries resemblance in the TOTP performances of this, isn't there?

Did everyone in here hate this from the very first second, or was it an overexposure thing?

Absolutely love this song. People only hate it because everyone hates Mick Hucknall.

When The Sun had him on the front page in speedos with the headline ā€œTrunks are too tight to mentionā€

And also the follow up single ā€œremembering the first time we MADE LOVEā€ urggh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom