Sinéad O’Connor DEAD

I hope her Sean nos noa album makes it to Spotify at some point. It’s a beautiful piece of work and it introduced me to quite a few gorgeous Irish trad/folk songs I wasn’t aware of.

Everyone can see what's going on
They laugh 'cause they know they're untouchable
Not because what I said was wrong
Whatever it may bring
I will live by my own policies
I will sleep with a clear conscience
I will sleep in peace

:(

I can only imagine how John Grant must be feeling.

We went to see John in Belfast and were even more excited when he announced Sinead would be performing with him all evening. Sure enough she was seen at the venue but he announced she’d got the 5.20 pm train back to Dublin to tend to an urgent plumbing matter which amused me anyway.

Reactions: VoR

She covered Three Babies live at least once. Given her own experiences with miscarriage it’s little wonder the song resonated with her.

Impossibly sad news. Discovering her music beyond the obvious (via the So Far compilation) then making my way through her discography was one of the greatest musical journeys of my life.

Yeah that really stopped me in my tracks. As vulnerable as she was, that she could see through TERFism for what it was and offer empathy to the trans community. What a woman. ♥️

I did wonder what her stance would be considering her use of Germaine on Universal Mother. I’m so glad it wasn’t that.

This announcement managed a notification on my work drinks tonight with all gen Z'ers. I hope she wanted that in a weird horrible way

It’s like a light has gone out, hasn’t it? A beacon on a high mountain. Sinead didn’t just move us with her incredibly emotive voice, she stood up with it.
I salute her. We were lucky to have such a magical presence move among us.

Kate

Sky Documentaries is showing the Nothing Compares documentary at 2am and 9pm this Saturday. It was on their schedule before this happened. The people who booed her in the part at the start of the trailer made me angry at the time, I’m still furious with them now.

Pictured: Seamus Heaney sitting down to pen a hit tweet!

IMG_3422.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom