So WHO ON EARTH is going to win?

Where will the eurogays be heading to in 2025?

• Albania

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armenia

• Australia

• Azerbaijan

• Belgium

• Cyprus

• Czechia

• Denmark

• Estonia

• Finland

• Georgia

• Germany

• Iceland

• Latvia

• Lithuania

• Luxembourg

• Moldova

• Norway

• Poland

• San Marino

• Serbia

• Slovenia

• Sweden

• Total voters

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
It feels like a perfect year in the sense that the song quality is INCREDIBLY strong yet I couldn’t call it!

Screenshot_20240316-000337.png

I know that's right.

I still think the most likely answer is Ukraine.

If not, I could see Switzerland, Italy or perhaps Belgium if it's exceptionally well staged and performed.

Croatia would have to really smash the televote as I just can't see the juries going for it.

(Ukraine in practice. Outside shot of Italy. Really everyone is just in a huff that all the obvious winners are from countries that have won it so recently!)

It really doesn’t feel like there’s a runaway front runner this year (or maybe we’re just kidding ourselves) so I’m throwing Austria in the mix.

I really don't like the Croat entry, but would love to seen Croatia win.

Ukraine or Italy are the big hitters. France is shit.

I can almost seen a surprise Conchita style win this year.

Looking at the top 10 on the dreaded scoreboard there’s an argument to be made for all of them.

IMG_5688.jpeg

Italy feels like a song which could bridge across the jury/televote and come out on top. Ukraine will be up there but I think people might overestimate how big the sympathy vote could be two years post invasion (and considering the contest isn’t being hosted on their behalf unlike last year). It’s still one of the best of the year though.

It’s not my favourite but Croatia looks to be the most likely first time winner from this lot, and the performance at the national final was fucking brilliant, so that’s who I’m pinning my hopes on. I feel you could also make a case for Austria if they go down the Slo Mo staging route, or Netherlands, but I struggle to see that doing well with the juries more than I do with Croatia.

Norway feels like a DARK HORSE also, if they nail the staging I can see it being quite the moment.

I would love to see Croatia win but I wouldn't love to see them win with THAT. Feels altogether too cynical following Cha Cha Cha.

Switzerland is the one I don’t get. A good song but I don’t see it in a competitive sense at all!

I suppose if I had to steelman the case for Switzerland, it's very plausible to see it winning the jury vote. Even then though, so many others feel more obvious for doing well on jury and televote...

I’d love a new country win but I don’t quite see why Croatia is the favourite; it’s catchy but I think it’s too novelty for the juries to go for.

I don’t love any songs from this year yet but what I do love is how open it is! I think this will all twist around when we see what staging everyone has which is genuinely exciting.

Not a clue and I’m happy about that

Croatia is the only one that feels like a winner, but logically it’s hard to imagine. The lyrics are about a socially relevant issue which may help it score a bit better with juries I guess. They’re unlucky so many ex-Yugoslav countries aren’t in this year!

I think it will come down to relative scores between the constituencies and also draw more than usual, unless anything emerges during rehearsals.

Of course, there’s always the wildcard option of a Greek walkover :disco:

Keep in mind that Finland's 2023 entry would've been sufficient to win in many instances. Baby Lasagna is a better singer than Kärijää and Rim Tim Tagi Dim is a more jury friendly song than Cha Cha Cha, specially the lyrics.

(That said, if Sweden score triple digit televotes after opening the show with that song, I'll be extremely surprised)

How exactly is Rim tim tagi dim 'much' more jury friendly than Cha Cha Cha?

Not sure I like the idea of data modelling making the contest even more predictable than it often already is, but interesting for now nonetheless.
The fact it predicts Ireland will be FOURTH in semi one makes me think this “model” is BULLSHIT :D

Who I think will win is not the same as where I think we'll be heading.

Would love to see Croatia manage it, and I don't think the juries will be too turned off if Cha Cha Cha could manage 4th with them?

I really hope it's not Italy. The song doesn't do much for me, and I don't particularly want to see them hosting again so soon.

I love how unpredictable this year is but having listened through this morning, I’m going to spring for Switzerland pipping Italy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom