Sophie Ellis Bextor’s Friday Night Disco

Charity shops? Hardly any of them are open here. All those fucking selfish pensioners continuing to preserve their own lives instead of opening up so Shee can get fingering Shirley Bassey and Petula Clark.

Same in Portsmouth. It’s been very frustrating.

Surely some OLD QUEEN or two has died of COVID over the past few months. I can just imagine @Sheena's face if he found a PRISTINE 7 inch of Wives Will Always Be The Last To Know.

It’s the HOLY GRAIL.

(That came out as HOKY GRAIL first of all and I was loathe to change it)

I wasn't being serious guys :D

(although obviously I am personally a bit miffed)

In lieu of no Irish gigs I’m considering Glasgow as it’s a Saturday night and I’ve never been. I’d prefer Manchester but a Tuesday seems drab.

It's now an album.

And she's taking it on tour

:D at 'No, not another baby'.

Considering we have just had the orchestral reworkings I think I would rather more of the covers rather than the hits (presumably they aren't going to be re-recordings of the singles?).

Kids in America, Crying at the Discotheque, Over and Over and Do You Remember the First Time would be my priorities for the covers.

I only just caught up on Friday's disco but the increasingly mobile Mickey was as fun as ever and the reprise of Crying at the Discotheque suggests it could be making the cut for the album.

There still doesn't appear to be a tracklisting for this album but she just posted on Instagram that Groovejet is a re-recording with one of the Freemasons. The original was presumably not available to her.

Isn't it a bit odd that there are no pre-orders for the album on Amazon, HMV etc? It seems to only be available from her webstore.

Is Sophie going to set the kids to work fulfilling all album orders directly from the kitchen?

It wouldn't surprise me if that video was pitched to Kylie for Say Something. The lyrics are practically tailor made for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom