Vote for your winner(s)

• Varry Brava - "Raffaella"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xeinn - "Eco"

• Blanca Paloma - "Secreto del agua"

• Total voters
I don’t think “reductive” is really the word to be using when comparing it to Slo Mo…

Oh I forgot to tell the Drag Race España fans here (the 3 of them), Chanel's outfit was designed by no other than Carmen Farala :disco:
Oh! THAT to win immediately then :disco: 🍌
drag-race-carmen-farala.gif

I can't believe I'm wading into EUROVISION before MAY but just to say that I caught up with all the performances and I am Team Tanxugueiras all the way :disco: I'm obviously partial having been brought up with folk music that shares the ROOTS of this song, but so have HALF OF EUROPE! I think it would do better than all the others.

I don't know if it has been pointed out in this thread but the chorus of "Ay Mamá" is pretty much NOTE BY NOTE the Ode to Joy. Beethoven to SUE!

I can't believe I'm wading into EUROVISION before MAY but just to say that I caught up with all the performances and I am Team Tanxugueiras all the way :disco: I'm obviously partial having been brought up with folk music that shares the ROOTS of this song, but so have HALF OF EUROPE! I think it would do better than all the others.
Well good luck :eyes:

That Chanel lady was all sorts of :disco: Shame the song is such a Fuego rip-off :D But my god someone's HUNGRY FOR FAME :disco: :disco: :disco:

Yes you did mention you’d met one of them at a party once.

Yes you did mention you’d met one of them at a party once.

I don't even remember meeting her to be honest, couldn't tell you which one was it I met :D My friend reminded me when the song came out. I didn't even know she sang (I thought she rapped...)

Chanel's is probably the best live music performance I've seen on Spanish tv EVER, if we consider the whole package: choreography, staging, camera work. The "problem" is that is not a song that have any projection beyond the Eurovision performance. Is not a song for radio, you can't understand a word, and the song without the performace is flat as hell. On the other hand, Ay mama is the perfect song for music radio, it has made the charts, lot of airplay and streaming already... TVE is going to release a physical cd with the BF songs, so I bet they want radio exposure. I'm sure they want Ay mama to win. I just briefly talked to my friend working in TVE and covering BF this week and he says TVE loves Chanel and he thinks she may have a chance, but I seriously doubt it.

Chanel's is probably the best live music performance I've seen on Spanish tv EVER, if we consider the whole package: choreography, staging, camera work. The "problem" is that is not a song that have any projection beyond the Eurovision performance. Is not a song for radio, you can't understand a word, and the song without the performace is flat as hell. On the other hand, Ay mama is the perfect song for music radio, it has made the charts, lot of airplay and streaming already... TVE is going to release a physical cd with the BF songs, so I bet they want radio exposure. I'm sure they want Ay mama to win. I just briefly talked to my friend working in TVE and covering BF this week and he says TVE loves Chanel and he thinks she may have a chance, but I seriously doubt it.

I mean you think she's selling it well and then she takes the jacket off, hands over the microphone and GAY COMA ENSUES :disco:

So everyone backing Rigoberta except Peekaboo because a friend of a friend, and JenGi who just likes witches in general. Right.

The only thing missing is some BAGPIPES... but I'll forgive them because they've put some MUIÑEIRA MOVES in it.

I had a moment on the train to SloMo so may dramatically change my allegiance (at great risk of being hexxed) later tonight.

Excited! Is wotsit out of his Travelodgė isolation?

Why am I seeing Sara Deop again? Shouldn’t she be cashing up at El Corte Inglés?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom