Spain 2023: Bianca Paloma - Eaea

How will this do?

• Total voters
Fusa Nocta - Mi familia

Nice enough trap-flamenco thing, but surely everyone involved in this knows it ain't going anywhere

José Otero - Inviernos en Marte ('Winter On Mars' :disco:)

"José Otero brings to the Benidorm Fest 2023 a power ballad with which he intends to excite the entire public." Lovely enough to listen to and look at, but feels about 5-6 years out of date for the contest. Suspect he's set himself a bit too high a bar and all intending to excite the entire public with this :(

Just imagine hearing AGONEY whilst getting your hole torn apart in the dark room of Liverpool’s only gay sauna :disco: (funky to advise)

Blanca Paloma - Eaea

OMG this is EXACTLY as insane as any song with an unpronounceable title made up solely of vowels should be :disco: Very Tanxugeiras covering Quién maneja mi barca - @Suomi get in here and listen to this hot mesmering cat egg

@Hark! Carnival you might prefer this

Karmento - Quiero y duelo

Karmento apparently brings "the most autochthonous folklore of her land" (what a :disco: turn of phrase) and it's charming and all but yeah, we saw back in 2013 with ESDM exactly what tends to happen to this sort of thing on the main stage.

Megara - Arcadia

"In the words of the group, 'the fucksia rock' with which they compete delves into a virtual story in which two flesh and blood girls will unleash their love through a video game." What on EARTH would LYS ASSIA THINK

Quite like this shouty electro-hard rock nonsense, and there's definitely the potential for some very memorable staging, but the hook itself doesn't really have enough going for it to really threaten I suspect.

Meler - No nos movirán

Feels uncannily like it would have been a chart hit in 2012 and a Melfest hit in 2016. As for the year 2023...pass.

Fiercely heterosexual Agoney will be pleased with most of the gayz backing him, who knew :eyes:

agoney-raoul.gif

Rakky Ripper - Tracción

@FestiveGiraffe🎄🦒 @The Angel Cobriel 👼 ALERT! We've got a Charli XCX meets happy hardcore banger here!

Obviously not even REMOTELY objectionable to listen to, but I'm not too sure how this would go down on the Eurovision stage. You could obviously quite memorably stage the chorus, but I sense those verses probably aren't all that well suited to pull in those HOT VOTES from across the continent. Noble attempt, but probably the wrong song if you're going down this road.

Rakky Ripper - Tracción

@FestiveGiraffe🎄🦒 @The Angel Cobriel 👼 ALERT! We've got a Charli XCX meets happy hardcore banger here!

Obviously not even REMOTELY objectionable to listen to, but I'm not too sure how this would go down on the Eurovision stage. You could obviously quite memorably stage the chorus, but I sense those verses probably aren't all that well suited to pull in those HOT VOTES from across the continent. Noble attempt, but probably the wrong song if you're going down this road.

This is so close to excellence. I just wish it went HARDER and BLOOPIER.

Also, would all that auto-tune be permissable anyway?

12 Vicco – “Nochentera”
10 José Otero – “Invierno en Marte”
08 Twin Melody – “Sayonara”
07 Karmento – “Quiero y duelo”
06 Aritz Aren – “Flamenco”
05 Alice Wonder – “Yo quisiera”
04 Sofía Martín – “Tuki”
03 Rakky Ripper – “Tracción”
02 Meler – “No nos moverán”
01 Siderland – “Que esclati tot”
00 Blanca Paloma – “Eaea”
-1 Famous – “La Lola”
-2 Fusa Nocta – “Mi familia”
-3 Agoney – “Quiero arder”
-4 Alfred – “Desde que tú estás”
-5 Sharonne – “Aire”
-6 E’Femme – “Uff!”
-7 Megara – “Arcadia”

As a rubbish fan haven't played this until now that have 4 hours of train. Very week selection in my opinion, but who knew Chanel was gonna do that on stage, the early audio version was terrible, so who knows.

Nochentera my favourite by a mile. I wonder which one is TVE's choice and therefore the winner of this fake preselection :) The early rumours is they're going with Aritz, but the source is probably some euroqueen, so god knows.

Aritz would be a disastrous choice. Can they not get him to sing Quiero arder if they end up insisting he takes the crown?

Also, why don't they just do internal selection if they're going to insist on doing things this way?

Aritz would be a disastrous choice. Can they not get him to sing Quiero arder if they end up insisting he takes the crown?

Also, why don't they just do internal selection if they're going to insist on doing things this way?
It's not an internal selection, it's a rigged preselection. They make money out of it, obviously.

The big favourite here right now and by far is Mi familia, god knows why. Whatever.

The only thing I can predict from BeniFest is that it is going to be a MESS, and the winner will likely be something we don't expect. The public only have 25% of the final vote, with 50% expert jury and 25% demoscopic jury, so ANYTHING can happen.

Agoney - Quiero arder

Oh this is interesting. I get the IM vibes. He’s definitely been influenced by Mónica Naranjo and Maruv. It’s certainly different but it is a LOT and I wonder if it will be a hot mess live. It’s surely got a good chance.

Alfred García - Desde que tu estas

Oh Alfie. This is just boring. He can sing but it would be a disaster if they picked this and would likely see them at the bottom of the table again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom