Steps - What The Future Holds [New Single & Album]

TELL ME BABY

• Total voters
37,394 as well. 230 less than the last album. I’m very impressed, I never thought they’d come close to that.

Was there a significant tail-off as the week went on?

The last one managed a month in the top 20 on its initial run (2-4-12-16). If this can do the same over December they could be in a good position for a Gold disc, given Xmas sales.

They should really rush Beat of my Heart out ASAP.

It was about the same. TOTD was 23k on Monday, this was 24k.

However, this one is much more dependent on fanbase and format buying, so I think this will crash, especially as the week at #4 for TOTD was about 9k, whereas if this manages that next week it will be about #12.

They do have the Royal Variety performance on Tuesday which will help. But I’m thinking #18 or so next week. Still, doesn’t really matter these days - so long as they hit silver and get certified I think that’s a decent success without a comeback story around them.

Oh come on! Lisa is ten times the singer Lee is :D

Speaking of Lee and Lisa vocals I have just started delving into the Night Out remixes, and the To the Beat of My Heart one has Lisa/Lee nicking Faye and Claire's bits on the middle eight and a chorus that almost sounds like a Claire/Lee duet. ODD.

Who is doing the bridge parts of To The Beat of My Heart? Is it just Lisa? Or is Faye in there? Sometimes I can even hear Claire

I'm frequently confusing Faye and Lisa on this album which feels like a CARDINAL SIN

Who is doing the bridge parts of To The Beat of My Heart? Is it just Lisa? Or is Faye in there? Sometimes I can even hear Claire

I'm frequently confusing Faye and Lisa on this album which feels like a CARDINAL SIN

I eventually decided it was Faye (and Lee) on the first. Claire definitely does the second.

Both Lisa and Lee have been overindulged on the new album.

Too much of both but I also realise I'd rather listen to a Lisa and Lee Sing The Classics Big Band Style duets album than more of H, so the balance of evil remains intact, kind of.

But yes still too many words for the non-singers here :)

Why does everyone get so pissed off with Lee’s awful vocals when we ACTIVELY SUPPORT Lisa Scott Lee? :D

Because she’s an absolute car crash of a vocalist but can at least be made to sound passable in the studio! :D

Plus she can actually sing in the right key rather than sapping the energy out of every verse she’s present in.

But yes I admit there is a certain amount of gay goodwill that results in the “aw it’s LSL” factor when she pops up...

Speaking of Lee and Lisa vocals I have just started delving into the Night Out remixes, and the To the Beat of My Heart one has Lisa/Lee nicking Faye and Claire's bits on the middle eight and a chorus that almost sounds like a Claire/Lee duet. ODD.

Yeah apparently there is another version with a different vocal mix floating around that was released in Australia before we got the correct version hours later.

I meant the album version too.

Oh! So Lisa doesn't pull focus on either bridge at all then? It sounds like her but the vocals are so processed together it's hard to tell, especially on the second when Claire really SHOULD be obvious to me.

Three listens down and I feel ready to rate.

10 What The Future Holds
10 Something In Your Eyes
08 Clouds
09 To The Beat Of My Heart
05 Father's Eyes
07 One Touch
07 Under My Skin
06 Heartbreak In This City
05 Come And Dance With Me
06 Don't You Leave Us Halfway
06 To The One
04 Hold My Heart

I'd be surprised if To The Beat Of My Heart doesn't end up a 10, considering WTFH was only an 8 for me originally.

It's very much a 3* album for me, elevated by a few proper bangers.

Oh! So Lisa doesn't pull focus on either bridge at all then? It sounds like her but the vocals are so processed together it's hard to tell, especially on the second when Claire really SHOULD be obvious to me.

Yes they aren't the most natural vocals! The first bridge could easily have some Mollie King in there and you wouldn't know.

You can definitely pick out Faye especially on YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND (:disco:) and Claire's more expressive vocals are there all the way through the second.

In at #26 in Australia too, 20 places higher than Tears on the Dancefloor

So it APPEARS there's been a mix-up at STEPS HQ and lots of people who ordered signed vinyls are getting regular ones :bruised:

This is cute also

I am totally loving Claire not being in the centre of ANY of those pictures (and replaced by LSL) :disco:

imsgine the ugly at home tantrums. “But I’m The Voice!”

So it APPEARS there's been a mix-up at STEPS HQ and lots of people who ordered signed vinyls are getting regular ones :bruised:

This is cute also

She just wanted to make it ALL ABOUT HER.

Reactions: Zu
I am grimly fascinated by what the inter-group dynamics are these days. Each of them knows full well that they’ll never be this successful doing anything else so there must be a lot of grinning and bearing it, not to mention lots of the “Maybe Faye could stand in the middle / sing that chorus / etc... or ME” business

That said, THANK GOD FOR STEPS :disco:

This is cute also

Crossing out her vadge is a new one. She re-writes every rule pamphlet that one.

I am totally loving Claire not being in the centre of ANY of those pictures (and replaced by LSL) :disco:

imsgine the ugly at home tantrums. “But I’m The Voice!”

Luckily for the others she's not audible with a mouthful of gateau and hate.

I actually said "wow" aloud when album mix WTFH finished. It has you up against the wall, throws you to the ground and then says "same again tomorrow?"

The extra pre-Lee verse, is that both Faye and Lisa jnterjecting? I certainly hope so, it's like a mini glimpse of all their nights out (usually a gay bar!) without Claire who would rather pull a kitchen stool up to the fridge all night than have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom