Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2

This is a bit of a weird idea for an album, if there’s only really one holdover track from the previous album (aside from the acoustic offcuts they definitely could’ve released a different way), I wonder why they didn’t just make this a separate album, since it’s about a year later
I think it’s because the tour has been delayed for so long and it would be weird to embark on a whole new era before the tour named after the previous album.

Something In Your Eyes but not on the setlist of this thing they've just done

E8c9ybNWQAYA4RL

I really don't understand what is happening with the trousers on H.

Heartbreak In This City getting the acoustic treatment already...

Track 11 has been REVEALED to be The Slightest Touch. Supposedly a Five Star cover

Well as long as they use this remix as the model, that's fine with me :disco:

Actually I think The Steps covering Five Star is a very inspired idea indeed and all manner of :disco:

BUT WHICH ONE IS WHICH? :shock:

I hope no one says H is Stedman because that would be very rude!! To Stedman

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
OH MY TITS THIS COULD BE INCREDIBLE

Clare going off on the “TOUCH ME THAT’S WHERE IT’S AT” could very much bend the very fabric of time itself. :disco:

Thought I should bump this as there are only about 4 current threads here and this seems to be the one to use for Part II :eyes:

It’s a shame the amazing production on The Slightest Touch doesn’t extend across the rest of the album.

Is this a Sweet Escape situation where it’s just the old tadlocks and winnets from the previous recording session?

I think it's like a budget Dedicated Side B.

:D at the sheer POMPOSITY of LSL in the track discussions:

"As established artists, we love to give up-and-coming writers an opportunity to showcase their talents" (like Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus).

Also forgetting to mention that Victorious is a cover and giving the impression it was written for them:

"There are definitely Eurovision elements there, but it's very much a Steps song in terms of our group vocals. I like that it feels very authentically us."

MAYBE NO ONE TOLD HER.

The flood of pop right now is quite something, and no I'm not even sure if I can tell whether or not I'm including ASFM in this.

Why does it sound like it was made with the casio keyboard your parents got you for christmas? :(

Ok I’ve had a few wines (it’s fine, it’s night time here), but on track four this is sounding pretty good to me :disco:

I am awaiting a key change, mind.

Living in a Lie sounds very Abba. I want to say Kisses of Fire or maybe As Good as New

After first listen I actually feel the production is better than part one, which to me sounded half unfinished.

However, there isn’t many obvious singles which the last one had. The Slightest Touch is the only one that screams single here.

They've stripped all the otherworldliness out of the chorus of A Million Years and totally ruined the production of Victorious to make it sound cheap. Why?

Everything sounds like something else. I hear Invincible, True Colours, and others I forget now.

I like the first half of the album, but it does goes into off-cut territory after that.

THE DAY IS RUINED :evil:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering the exclusive band member CD(s) from the store.

We are writing to inform you that due to a delay with stock shipping, your order has not yet been processed for dispatch.

We anticipate that outstanding orders will be processed for dispatch from Friday 10th September.

You will receive a dispatch confirmation email once your shipment is processed and we have arranged for your fifth least favourite member of Steps to turn up at your home screaming in your face.

To view updates on your order status, please visit Your Account.

Thank you for your patience.

Steps Store Team

Living in a Lie sounds very Abba. I want to say Kisses of Fire or maybe As Good as New
In other words all the ones which G:son has already copied for the purposes of crafting MF entries :disco:

I think it's like a budget Dedicated Side B.

:D at the sheer POMPOSITY of LSL in the track discussions:

"As established artists, we love to give up-and-coming writers an opportunity to showcase their talents" (like Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus).

Also forgetting to mention that Victorious is a cover and giving the impression it was written for them:

"There are definitely Eurovision elements there, but it's very much a Steps song in terms of our group vocals. I like that it feels very authentically us."

MAYBE NO ONE TOLD HER.
Oh she's not at THAT again is she? :D

Maybe she FELL ASLEEP when they were telling her or is TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND :disco:

We anticipate that outstanding orders will be processed for dispatch from Friday 10th September.
FROM? In other words I could be waiting until NEXT YEAR!

I might email them and say I DON'T WANT FIVE COPIES OF THE SAME CD ANYWAY I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING

It has all been various levels of good to acceptable up to this point but Victorious sounds absolutely ridiculous! What is going on with the production :D

I don't think A Million Years is a great choice for them either. Agree that it is rather unthrilling in their hands.

Everything sounds like something else. I hear Invincible, True Colours, and others I forget now.

I like the first half of the album, but it does goes into off-cut territory after that.

I think the presentation as a part two helped me to manage my expectations but I thought they would have a slightly better stab at the MF numbers. There are a couple of other songs here that definitely feel like they are making up the numbers in the stretch from deluxe to new album.

High in particular is not the kind of thing I want from Steps. Not the right kind of naff at all.

I don't think there are any other singles here (apart from The Slightest Touch, so hopefully that isn't done with already). A Hundred Years of Winter is probably my pick of the new songs... the H song, who would have thought it, though that 'The sea, the seeeeaaaa, THE SEEEEAAAA' part is a little odd.

OMG at that anaemic version of A Million Years :D I understand rifling through the MF dumpster is an easy way for them to stack up the tracks for this album, but they could have TRIED a bit. It sounds like karaoke.

MARIETTE found unbothered :disco:
tumblr_ol8a61DNNL1ugq3m8o1_500.gif

(this was the only Mariette GIF I could FIND!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom