Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2

I do think there should be more SOBBING in songs. The only example I can think of is that Stromae one where he gets a bit upset

CLAIRE TO SOB ON THE NEXT STEPS ALBUM PLEASE. LSL can repeatedly kick her with her gum boots on to get the tears party started. I'm sure she'd be up for it :disco:

Actually I think that’s answered my question about why I’m not excited.

I mean Five Star yeah but I just missed the boat on them, all I know is them being called shit on Going Live, and the song @SystemAddict

Oh one more Five Star thing, I had a cassette of Luxury of Life (maybe) from a cousin, and I remember my mum thinking the track Winning was actually Winnie, about Winnie Mandela.

WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT
unless you’re a low key bigot who reads the STOP FUCKING HATE oops

On first impressions, I prefer it to Part 1 and I'm sure somewhere between the two albums is a half-decent follow-up to Tears On The Dancefloor.

I think I just need to make peace with the fact that their sound now has basically become the hollow stereotype people used to associate with them back in the '90s. They've embraced it, so good for them, I guess. I'm just puzzled that anyone thought turning Steps into a Scooch tribute act was the best way to go.

I'm admittedly not a HUGE Steps fan, but to my EARS 'What The Future Holds' (the song) is one of the best things they've ever done.

EXACTLY the melancholy disco-pop I WANT from them, and it towers over a lot of their recent material IMO

Last edited:
Exclusive footage of @dUb relaxing at home :disco:

0f47fb5fc489784987c55f6c40cb45a6.gif

On first impressions, I prefer it to Part 1 and I'm sure somewhere between the two albums is a half-decent follow-up to Tears On The Dancefloor.

I think I just need to make peace with the fact that their sound now has basically become the hollow stereotype people used to associate with them back in the '90s. They've embraced it, so good for them, I guess. I'm just puzzled that anyone thought turning Steps into a Scooch tribute act was the best way to go.

This album definitely has some weak spots but their recent material isn't really giving me Scooch vibes, especially compared to some of the album tracks from their earlier albums.

• Love
Reactions: Zu

:shock: Lest we forget (and the scars are so deep that we never can)...

EA4p.gif

I CANNOT EVEN AT THIS DISGRACEFUL AFFRONTAGE

I think we can all agree that the current Steps sound isn't nearly as SUMPTUOUS AND EXPENSIVE as it used to be

I did hear rumours that that was H on the BONTEMPI :disco:

There’s a conspiracy theory (already :D) that the tinny sound of Victorious is intentional so that a BEEFIER version can be released as a single and earn them twice the amount of pennies (minus royalties).

However if they just chop the running length of the original to 1:12, replace LSL with Megan Thee Stallion doing a spoken word piece about victoriously shoving a disco ball up her gee, the ADHD children of TikTok will send it hurtling up whichever chart is the main one nowadays.

There’s a conspiracy theory (already :D) that the tinny sound of Victorious is intentional so that a BEEFIER version can be released as a single and earn them twice the amount of pennies (minus royalties).
Oh for god’s sake.

:disco: I discovered the word “gee” in the context of “kick her up the gee” in recent years - I think we were discussing TWINK with an entertainingly coarse Irish acquaintance - and it continues to amuse me NO END

However if they just chop the running length of the original to 1:12, replace LSL with Megan Thee Stallion doing a spoken word piece about victoriously shoving a disco ball up her gee, the ADHD children of TikTok will send it hurtling up whichever chart is the main one nowadays.

Now THAT is what the future REALLY holds (:()

I jest of course. They’re all busy sniffing the knicker drawer and trying out the dildos for size and capacity - @Martha Skidd, could you NOT :( - while I play 'Wasted Tears' for the third time in a row and get a bit unnecessary :disco:

I don't think 'Victorious' is TINNY as such but it is weirdly MUDDY

Anyway I've enjoyed ALL the album so far so MUCH CONGRAT ON STEPS :disco:

I'm going to write to The Queen to demand HONOURS AND MUCH GONGS FOR THE STEPS

Who else gives us more or less EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT? NO-ONE!

HONOURS AND MUCH GONGS FOR THE STEPS
:D:D:D

I was at a bar in America once on a karaoke night and the list of choices included “Summer of Love” and “When I said Goodbye” which were credited to The Steps.

Needless to say, I was tempted to Do A Claire but didn’t have quite enough upside down pineapple cake cocktails inside of me for Dutch courage and anyway, the backing tracks were dreadfully TINNY which proves that Steps always had one foot in the future, even in 2014.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed my one play so far!

Just a shame it has those silly acoustic versions on the end of the vinyl. NO ONE CARES!

Well I thoroughly enjoyed my one play so far!

Just a shame it has those silly acoustic versions on the end of the vinyl. NO ONE CARES!

I fully agree. I really do not understand all the negativity, it’s practically the same as the last album but better cause there’s less bloody ballads :disco:

I prefer Tears on the Dancefloor, but otherwise, yes, it's about a level with the last album for me so far.

Though if they waste The Slightest Touch without making it a proper release, I am going to go round to Lisa Scott Lee's house and smack her round the head until the SEXY SPECS from the Chain Reaction video fly off her BONCE

Follow the triumph of SIYE and The Slightest Touch, the two MF covers (sorry Lisa) are quite anaemic!

I’m sorry, but really? Steps have turned into a Scooch tribute act? In what fucking world...

It’s simply Steps releasing another album full of standard Steps fare, to the surprise and shock of no one, and it’s a breath of fresh air in amongst the sea of Drake and whoever litters up the chart these days.

Which are the MF songs by the way? I know Victorious is, but I thought the other was A Hundred Years Of Winter however a little YouTube search shows this to not be correct?

I hope they continue to mine MF-related songs moving forward but look back to the old days as well.

I mean, LISA ANTHEM anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom