SCD Strictly 2019

Oh I'd forgotten that. And I suppose it's not like Strictly doesn't have a large gay audience. Not every celeb is going to appeal to Mavis, 82, default BBC1 viewer and neither should it.

Michelle Visage seems very likely, now she's BBC darling. I mean she IS the promo! I only started watching RPDR after she was on CBB.

Jamie Laing? That feels a bit low rent for Strictly. But yes, people whinge about the line up every year, it normally makes no difference how famous they are. As long as we get a few fabulous ringers to piss everyone off as usual, I'm in

Jamie does go against their old no reality rule (I think Mark Wright was announced as a tv or radio presenter) but I suppose he does turn up quite a bit elsewhere - he was on An Extra Slice as a panelist more than once which wouldn't be on the table for most reality types.

At first glance Anneka seems like a likely Anton victim, but I could imagine her with Aljaz too, being quite tall.

Sam Allardyce could be an Ed Balls type if he has the appropriate sense of humour I suppose. Assuming she hasn't really been put on the bench a safe candidate for Katya too.

Confirmed:

David James - Retired footballer
Chris Ramsey - Comedian
Emma Barton - Honey in EastEnders

So Good Morning Britain got the names being announced today wrong...

How very amusing.

David James has been rumoured in previous years, and is a good name.

I like David James a lot, he should be a good one to root for and get disappointed about when he's accused of being "cocky" :side-eye:

I don't think so, they've all been heavily rumoured this year.

Yes it does seem likely they'll be announced in due course, Anneka and Jamie in particular have been mentioned plenty the last couple of weeks.

They are announcing another on BBC Breakfast in the morning. Naga said somewhat knowingly today that they hadn't been officially told who it was, so presumably it is the rumoured Mike Bushell. Not really keen on the idea of another Chris Hollins.

Karim Zeroual was announced as the seventh contestant today. He is apparently a CBBC presenter who went to Sylvia Young and did some musicals when he was younger, so there seems a reasonable chance he will be competent.

How many celebrities take part? I am assuming the next lot are going to be well known. The line up so far is BLOODY TERRIBLE.

How many celebrities take part? I am assuming the next lot are going to be well known. The line up so far is BLOODY TERRIBLE.

It has been 15 couples for a while, presumably it will be the same this year.

I get that they want to appeal to a younger audience too, hence the CBBC presenter and youtuber, but a couple of bigger names next would be good.

I’ve not really enjoyed Strictly for a couple of years and I’ve not enjoyed Drag Race for a similar amount of time but Michelle being confirmed has aroused my interest.

Can she dance? She's got to be a contender for an early exit if she's average at best.

Is she still doing Ireland's Got Talent as well? I'm fairly sure that's all filmed over a couple of weeks and then nothing until the live shows. Strictly will mean a longer stay if she has a decent run.

But Widdecombe is so cuddly and lovable. If you ignore the racism, sexism and homophobia.

Reactions: SDF
If we are getting this CHUMP then maybe The GC isn’t so out of the question. :disco:

Visage will most likely be on one of the biggest pay packets of the show. I imagine she's contractually obliged to make sure RU is in the front row for the final if she makes it that far (spoiler: she won't)

Happy about Michelle's confirmation. The line-up was so nothing so far. At this point even someone from Gogglebox would thrill me more than some of the names so far.

Visage will most likely be on one of the biggest pay packets of the show. I imagine she's contractually obliged to make sure RU is in the front row for the final if she makes it that far (spoiler: she won't)

I think it has been reported that all the celebs get paid the same, with bonuses for reaching certain stages of the competition. This obviously must be somewhat restrictive in terms of the people they can attract.

I think it has been reported that all the celebs get paid the same, with bonuses for reaching certain stages of the competition. This obviously must be somewhat restrictive in terms of the people they can attract.
Oh yes, you're quite right. I remember reading that the top pay bracket was around £120k if you made it to the final. Not bad for 5 months' work.

Michelle is going to get Anton isn't she? :shock:

So, APPARENTLY the final 4 to be announced will be James Cracknell, Alex Scott, Anneka Rice & Dev Griffin. If this is true it is by far the WORST line up I can remember.

So, APPARENTLY the final 4 to be announced will be James Cracknell, Alex Scott, Anneka Rice & Dev Griffin. If this is true it is by far the WORST line up I can remember.
Alex Scott at least officially confirmed.

The level of fame doesn't matter for a show like Strictly.

I totally disagree. It builds up the momentum if we know who the names are, or else they would have been getting Love Island/Big Brother cast offs for the past decade. The strictly line up has usually always been leagues above I’m a Celebrity etc. Not this time.

I don't think the line up matters that much to the bulk of the viewers, either. The announcements may (or indeed may not) whip up a bit of excitement online in advance, but the bulk of the viewers are locked in regardless.

I mean obviously I'd love Dame Judi Dench, Meghan Markle and Tanita Tikaram as much as the next 62 year old, but hasn't the celebrity count been poor in that respect for quite a few years now, without any sign of the success of the show suffering?

I may well be wrong, but looking at that line up I think the tide may be turning for Strictly. I think it has peaked. I do agree that the last few years probably has been waning in terms of celebrities, but I have never really seen a line up where I have had to google the majority to find out who the hell they are to no avail.

I would also like to add I WOULD like to be proved wrong, as I love the show but this for me is a really poor show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom