Sugababes™

I heard that MKS were concerned that this whole business might be bit embarrassing until they found out that So Solid Crew were now a featured artist on their own song.
So is Gabrielle.

I imagine they're all fine with it - if this takes off, there could be good money in a tour.

Surely a tour has to be the goal. It's where the money is for them.

Surely a tour has to be the goal. It's where the money is for them.

I suppose it's a bit of an unknown at the moment - if they had one consistent line-up with THAT back-catalogue, they could probably tour some reasonably big venues.

I wonder how much of the material they want to (or perhaps CAN) claim...if it's just the first album and 'Flatline', surely they'll be taking a low-key route.

I suppose it's a bit of an unknown at the moment - if they had one consistent line-up with THAT back-catalogue, they could probably tour some reasonably big venues.

I wonder how much of the material they want to (or perhaps CAN) claim...if it's just the first album and 'Flatline', surely they'll be taking a low-key route.

They sang things like Stronger, Hole In The Head and Too Lost In You when I saw them in 2013

Last edited:
I don’t know how it works? As Keisha has songwriting credits on all songs up to the last album? can she not do as she likes?

I don't think there's a ban on singing songs written by other people when you play live, but I'll defer to someone who knows more about these things. You might need to pay a royalty, and/or not be allowed to release it commercially without a licence?

I don't think there's a ban on singing songs written by other people when you play live, but I'll defer to someone who knows more about these things. You might need to pay a royalty, and/or not be allowed to release it commercially without a licence?

Stronger and Hole In The HEad had at least two Sugababes in writing credits. I don't think they can do anything regarding Sugababes 3.0 and 4.0??

Then again, other bands like the SG did Holler/Let Love without Victoria on stage but with Geri instead and she's not credited in neither!

I think if Heidi has an issue with them singing any of the songs then they would have a legal battle on their hands, but if not I don’t see the issue?

But artists cover other people's songs live all the time - Tori Amos usually does 2 different covers per night on her tours, wouldn't it just be the same as that?

The sang things like Stronger, Hole In The Head and Too Lost In You when I saw them in 2013

Those songs make sense for the them; I suppose I just think of this line-up as being suited to something a bit smaller and intimate. At best I imagined it would be a cherry-picked setlist. I couldn't quite see them popping out 'Push The Button'...

...Although apparently they DID at their most recent gigs, so maybe they COULD go all out this time.

I’m not sure a load of garage tracks broken down as classical tracks will work? The Gatecrasher trance music in classical format works amazingly as both trance and classical are often melodic in instrumentation. Just a shame they’ve never bothered to record an album for it.

I don't mind the one's I've heard. Garage went quite well with strings anyway.

I couldn't quite see them popping out 'Push The Button'...

...Although apparently they DID at their most recent gigs, so maybe they COULD go all out this time.

yeah and we all saw how that turned out. I don't wanna see Siobhan cringing whilst "dancing sexy" to Push The Button anytime soon. :D

You can go onstage and sing whatever you like, you don't need anyone's permission but you need to pay PRS to the songwriters. This is factored into your ticket price and a lot of bands simply get the money back (eventually...they take fucking ages to pay you). So, Sugababes 4.0 didn't need permission from Sugababes 1.0 to sing anything from One Touch (I have no idea if they did...) as long as the songwriters got paid. A good example is Pink Floyd, touring without Roger Waters but playing sets with 75% material written or co-written by Waters.

re: Sugababes 4.0 I don't think they even came close to touching anything from One Touch era, or at least Youtube is not being helpful about it.
There are however performances from Freak like me, Too lost in you, Hole, Ugly amongst others.

So why DID Keisha actually leave Sugababes? It's been so long I don't remember much from that whole mess which I think was exactly 10 years ago? Was it between her and Heidi/Amelle because they didn't get along and it was easier for the label to replace Keisha?

The label replaced Keisha because she was not happy at Amelle being pushed as the "lead" Sugababe and allegedly gave Heidi and the label an ultimatum of "it's her or me"

It does seem a right cheek to have pushed Amelle as the lead, given that poor Keisha was there FIRST. At least Sugababes 10.0 (or whatever it was) got what they deserved in the end and are now living on benefit and gruel :disco:

That said, Iski thinksi itski waski mainlyski becauseski Keishaski waski jealouski ofski Amelleski’s sexski lookski xxx

Sheer terror, or no sheer terror, they had some CRACKING tunes.

Well I say GLAMOUR. I presume Mutya will turn up wearing whatever she usually throws on for her day job at the arcade. Does she still have those awful arse implants?

So much better than All Saints. (Actually I don’t know that I entirely believe this but it’s always nice to stir the pot.) And no awful APPLETONS :gross:

don't forget those sexy cheek piercings :zombie:

I shudder to imagine what might be lurking in the Mutya nethers. The poor guests in the Graham Norton studio will think the cows have come in for milking and it’ll be her Elizabeth Duke fanny range clanking around :side-eye:

I just listened to Flatline for the first time since 2013 and it's SHIT. Is this what has kept you going all this time @dUb?:side-eye:

Last edited:
Oh I should have known that EMILY SANDY might have had something to do with it! What an EVIL WITCH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom