Taylor Swift - evermore

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
New album at midnight :o

It is apparently folklore’s winter sister album

I’m putting on my frumpiest flannel in anticipation

same collaborators as folklore plus some new ones to be revealed...

can't believe she released 34 songs in 2020 :D

I wonder if she's more driven by art or the thought of all the bank she could make from fleecing the fans TWICE!

track 13 is about her grandmother - track 13 on folklore was inspired by her grandfather :D why is she like this

THIS BITCH!

tenor.gif

I am genuinely properly excited about this.

Nothing on UK website yet - US website redirected too quickly for me to be able to see anything other than the digital.

"Coney Island" "champagne problems" "Dorothea" :D - the track names are so great

I am genuinely properly excited about this.

Nothing on UK website yet - US website redirected too quickly for me to be able to see anything other than the digital.

If anyone wants anything, I'll order and trade for mince pies

can't believe she released 34 songs in 2020 :D

I wonder if she's more driven by art or the thought of all the bank she could make from fleecing the fans TWICE!

She is certainly prolific. Lover was only last year too.

I haven't played folklore in a while, I'll have to put it on.

It shows you what can be done when an artist doesn't have a punishing touring/promotional schedule. With time to let the muse flow and new collaborators to bounce off, Swift has found herself brimming with new music.
Surely there must be other artists in a similar position. Is recorded music so devalued that everyone is waiting for touring to be back on the agenda? Because what a great time to try and get people to VALUE recorded music again.

A few months on, what are everyone's favorites from folklore?

Mine is seven

Mine is seven
I would say the last great american dynasty, the 1 and exile are the 3 that trouble her all time best. I don't really like the middle section (seven, mirrorball, august etc) that much, it gets a bit twee and folksy for me there. peace and epiphany round out my top 5 :disco:

Reactions: RJN
I would say the last great american dynasty, the 1 and exile are the 3 that trouble her all time best. I don't really like the middle section (seven, mirrorball, august etc) that much, it gets a bit twee and folksy for me there. peace and epiphany round out my top 5 :disco:

I could not feel more oppositely about the whole album! That middle section in my favorite and the last great American substantive is my least

the whole thing was very very solid though

Beginning - Great
Middle - OMFG MIND BLOWN EVEN AFTER 5 MONTHS
End - Good

Yeah, that's closest to my feelings, mainly because "peace" doesn't do much for me. But I really like "the lakes".

Mine is seven

'... dynasty', 'my tears ricochet', 'mirrorball' and 'this is me trying'.

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom