Taylor Swift - evermore

but do you remember?
remember when I pulled up and said "get in the car!"
and then canceled my plans just in case you'd call?!
back when I was livin' for the hope of it all
for the hope of it all
MEET ME BEHIND THE MALL!

i'm still recovering from the mammoth that is folklore but go ahead, Taylor, fuck me up.

I just got the vinyl the other day for the last one

Stop taking my money Taylor

Oh fuck! I still haven’t gotten around to listening to Lover yet :D

im like 3 albums behind on Ariana too

Love "Willow" and "Gold Rush" so far. "Champagne Problems" is nice but been there done that.

No one teaches you what to do
When a good man hurts you
And you hurt him too

MbjS.gif

Love Willow, which is all I’ve listened to so far- will save the rest for my 2 hour car journey home instead.

Seems like ecstatic reviews again- 5* NME, 4* Guardian and positive in the Telegraph are the three I read this morning.

I assume I'll be able to score this when I get home. I did see a music critic pal tweeting that there was some reluctance within her community to review the album because of how toxic her standom was over "folklore", which is interesting.

I wasn’t expecting “No Body No Crime” to be a literal title :D :disco:

Willow is just OK. I like Champagne Problems quite a bit more. but this album is not exactly roaring out of the gate like folklore did.

no body, no crime is ridiculously boppy and salacious.

I love that it's about Este being murdered :D let's hope life never imitates art

also love that she keeps collabing with rock/country female acts but keeps them firmly on backing vox :D

cowboy like me is a lovely moment that veers more into country.

overall I find this has fewer highlights than folklore on first listen, although maybe it's even more consistent

Halfway through my first listen, Tolerate It and No Body No Crime are the highlights, but they might just be the most immediate. Some of the melodies in folklore took a few listens to bed in

I have listened.

I feel exactly the same way as I did after my first listen of folklore. It's all very "nice" and her voice is stunning. But I couldn't pick any individual songs or highlights out just yet. I'm sure they will appear to me after a few listens just like in folklore (which I have just stuck back on and am still discovering moments of glory from).

Evermore really is a continuation/sister album of the same sound and I love it for that. Get the dildo out hen etc. etc.

Reactions: GNL
"Evermore" reminds me of something I just can't put my finger on it. Enjoying the whole album, but like others need additional plays to figure out the high points.

I like Champagne Problems. But like folklore, I find it all a bit samey and more of a background listen than anything else.

This is my second play, but I suspect it is everyone else's too

Don't want to do my first listen as a sync, sorry. Plus I;m stuck on an immense Sonny Rollins album just now.

I like willow quite a bit, but it doesn't feel like an opener and it also "recycles" several melodies from folklore on the chorus...

08 willow

Reactions: RJN
08 Willow

Same as Jark's opinion

09 Champagne Problems

This has grown on the second listen. It also reminds me of something from folklore. The topic of a rejected proposal is something new

EDIT: I think it will take a few listens to really get into all the lyrics

champagne problems is just lovely. I love when her vocal goes into its lowest register.

"what a shame she's fucked in the head, they said" - i see mad women and the people of the town gossiping have replaced drinking in the back-seat and stolen kisses in a red dress as her songwriting topics du jour :disco:

08 willow
09 champagne problems

Reactions: RJN
08 Willow
09 Champagne Problems
09 Gold Rush

Love the production on this. I also like that most of it is the same thing twice, with just slightly different lyrics (not a good explanation :D). The songs are already more distinctive than the first listen

08 willow
09 champagne problems
07 gold rush
08 'tis the damn season

gold rush is a bit BOPPIER but nothing outstanding as an actual song. 'tis the damn season is quite WINTRY - she says this is the winter companion to folklore, but tbh it mostly sounds the same to me :eyes: I wonder if these are outtakes rather than newly recorded. it's her SWEET ESCAPE! anyway, nice chorus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom