Taylor Swift - evermore

the two bonus tracks are now on streaming :o a nice TREAT for me after my MEETING

Reactions: RJN
I would like to formally announce that some individual songs from this are CLICKING. Namely marjorie and 'tis the damn season. Thank you for hearing me.

Same. This is definitely "folklore"'s awkward older sister. Bits of songs keep running through my head out of nowhere and it takes me a moment to realise where they're from. This'll be the fan favourite in years to come while "folklore" will continue to rake in the plaudits as the reinvention that gave her longevity.

folklore v evermore

the 1 v willow
cardigan
v champagne problems
the last great american dynasty v gold rush
exile v tis the damn season
my tears ricochet v tolerate it
mirrorball
v no body no crime
seven v happiness
august v dorothea
this is me trying v coney island
illicit affairs v ivy
invisible string v cowboy like me
mad woman v long story short
epiphany
v marjorie
betty v closure
peace v evermore
hoax v right where you left me
the lakes
v it's time to go

7-10 evermore :o

However, I think folklore has higher highs (the stretch from mirrorball to this is me trying - omg)

the 1 v willow
cardigan v champagne problems
mirrorball v no body no crime
seven v happiness
august v dorothea
illicit affairs v ivy
epiphany v marjorie
betty v closure
peace v evermore
hoax v right where you left me - tie
the lakes v it's time to go

peace v evermore was the most difficult, I adore both.

9-7 to evermore

the 1 v willow
cardigan
v champagne problems
my tears ricochet
v tolerate it
seven v happiness
august v dorothea - tie
this is me trying
v coney island
illicit affairs v ivy
epiphany v marjorie - tie

betty v closure
peace
v evermore
the lakes
v it's time to go

9-10 to evermore. i echo the notion that folklores highs are higher, but evermore is far more ripe and polished. evermore is more like folklore's parent album rather than sister album.

speaking of this bitch outdoing herself, dorothea, peace, marjorie, willow, epiphany, august, the 1, cardigan, the lakes, and right where you left me penetrated my top 10 Swift songs of all time quite effortlessly. all too well and enchanted were the spokesperson for her lyrical brilliance yet they don't hold a candle to any of the aforementioned songs.

I think All Too Well is still her peak honestly, in terms of songwriting (not just lyrically but melodically too). I don't know, I feel it's comparing apples and oranges. But that is such an incredibly mature song from a 22 year old artist. I'm really hoping for a re-recorded version of it with her latter day vocals in 2021.

the 1 v willow
cardigan v champagne problems
the last great american dynasty v gold rush - SO TOUGH
seven v happiness
august v dorothea - SO TOUGH
illicit affairs v ivy
epiphany v marjorie - ARRGGGGGHHHH
betty v closure
peace v evermore
the lakes
v it's time to go

10 - 7 to Folklore although so many of my favourite songs across both albums share the same positions I don't think it's too representative.

There is no way I'm choosing between "this is me trying" and "coney island". Actually the best track on each record.

she's releasing an EP soon, a "thematic compilation" of songs from both folklore and evermore

WHY?

It must be the streams. Its what Katy Perry is doing as well, and probably others.

Finally, a month later, evermore has grown on me. I still prefer Folklore but I've been getting much more into evermore. Gold Rush is my favorite

she's releasing an EP soon, a "thematic compilation" of songs from both folklore and evermore

WHY?
babe where have you been? she did several of them for folklore and now some for evermore. loads of artists are it, the labels must think it drives streams up.

Popped this on last night."gold rush" clicked properly for the first time. I still have to listen to "coney island" and "cowboy like me" more than once before I can move on.

i love how dramatic the titles are

the "dropped your hand while dancing" chapter

i cant wait for the "darling, what you did was just as dark" chapter

Ugh I think I'm going through another TayTay phase. I might rewatch the Reputation Tour - it's still on Netflix after all. Sync watch idea? :angel:

I’ve never seen it but I would watch tonight if it’s happening

I can’t :( unless you want to watch at midnight

:D

let's save it for next week then! I can only do late night watches/listens on a weekend

it's really quite ridiculous that her back cat is so great that songs like Getaway Car and Cruel Summer never even got a release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom