Taylor Swift - folklore [New Album]

With less than 24 hours of the tracking week to go, she’s chucked out ANOTHER version of ‘cardigan’ called the ‘cabin in candlelight’ version, across 3 different physical formats too.

Madonna vs Taylor Swift
Like a Virgin vs Fearless
True Blue vs Speak Now
Lika a Prayer vs RED
Erotica vs 1989
Bedtime Stories vs reputation
Ray of Light vs Lover
Music vs folklore

don't @ me

I ordered one vinyl and one CD from the UK store but if I had known she was releasing all those 'Cardigan' variants I'd have gotten the album variants with the single from her US store in one shipment. Take my money queen.

I’ve ordered the ‘in the weeds’ CD and vinyl, plus all of the ‘cardigan’ single formats. I’ll get the regular CD and vinyl when it’s in the stores. Bit morified at how much I’m spending on her. :wired:

I’ve ordered the ‘in the weeds’ CD and vinyl, plus all of the ‘cardigan’ single formats. I’ll get the regular CD and vinyl when it’s in the stores. Bit morified at how much I’m spending on her. :wired:
I haven’t looked at the merch but why did you choose this version?

what on earth is the relevance of comparing Madge with Tay Tay :D

Taylor is the most successful female pop star since Madge.

i find it odd that Gaga is consistently compared to Madge, but not Tay? she is the clear heir to the throne.

Taylor is the most successful female pop star since Madge.

i find it odd that Gaga is consistently compared to Madge, but not Tay? she is the clear heir to the throne.

But Gaga is much more like Madonna in terms of their artistry and showmanship. Taylor is more of an Adele type of performer. Very talented, but not particularly interesting, especially in terms of visuals and performances.

Yes, in terms of sales and charts, Taylor is probably more at the Madonna level though.

in terms of artistry and showmanship, Taylor has been outdoing Gaga since 2013. Look What You Made Me Do, Blank Space, Bad Blood, Delicate and cardigan are all miles better visual performances than what Gaga has been tossing since Applause.

i wonder what the real reason Taylor is never pitted against Madge is? even P!nk is far ahead of Gaga in terms of artistry, visuals, showmanship, sales and charts - but the dominating narrative remains "Gaga v.s. Madonna." mind you, i am a hardcore Little Monster.

in terms of artistry and showmanship, Taylor has been outdoing Gaga since 2013. Look What You Made Me Do, Blank Space, Bad Blood, Delicate and cardigan are all miles better visual performances than what Gaga has been tossing since Applause.

i wonder what the real reason Taylor is never pitted against Madge is? even P!nk is far ahead of Gaga in terms of artistry, visuals, showmanship, sales and charts - but the dominating narrative remains "Gaga v.s. Madonna." mind you, i am a hardcore Little Monster.

Sorry, I just can't get on board with this AT ALL. You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't share it at all...in ANY way.

Fucking P!nk? Jesus WEPT. :manson:

Jesus can keep weeping because P!nk is PHENOMENAL! end butchphobia now!

her Beautiful Trauma tour grossed $400m, Taylor's reputation $350m.

Gaga's artistic peak was in 2010 with the Moster Ball and even that did $250m.

Jesus can keep weeping because P!nk is PHENOMENAL! end butchphobia now!

her Beautiful Trauma tour grossed $400m, Taylor's reputation $350m.

Gaga's artistic peak was in 2010 with the Moster Ball and even that did $250m.

Sorry, if I'd known you held these kind of opinions, I wouldn't have started a discussion. Continue to enjoy your artistic genius P!nk.

It just goes to show that direct comparisons are all more or less completely pointless because these women occupy very different spaces.

P!nk is an exceptional performer who can sell out huge arenas or outdoor venues and put on a show for a crowd of fans and casuals and please everybody. She's so talented. She's long since given up pushing her artistry with her albums and at this point in her career it's fine. She's not a punchline, she's a legend in her own lane.

To say Taylor is a more relevant point of comparison to Madonna is interesting because Taylor's 3-album foray into full on popstar territory, with the narrative and the visuals, has brought diminishing returns and kind of demonstrated that maybe she's better doing something like... this album. It's why it's getting so much attention - it feels more organic for her to step away from capital-P pop.

Gaga, and to me Rihanna, feel more like this century's Madonna figures, but the two are nothing alike each other and both are clearly driven by doing things on their own terms.

Long story short: stream Smile by Katy Perry on August 28th! (and possibly never again)

Well this thread took a turn.
3KAGp9u.gif

OK.

Great gowns.

Beautiful gowns.

It's true that Taylor is very commercially successful, and has even given us BOPS. But she will never give us that urge to POP our BUSSY like Gags has done since 08. And THAT is all I have to say about THAT.

i'm a little monster but i have a soft spot for Swift and Rihanna.

My Taylor Top 10
  1. Out of the Woods
  2. Blank Space
  3. The Archer
  4. Exile
  5. Lover
  6. Wildest Dreams
  7. Getaway Car
  8. Look What You Made Me Do
  9. Cardigan
  10. 22
Only really Out of the Woods gives me a fissure.

Took me long:

1. Delicate
2. Out of the Woods
3. Enchanted
4. Style
5. The Man
6. All Too Well
7. Begin Again
8. Welcome to New York
9. The 1
10. Clean

Shout outs to: We Are Never Getting Back Together, Change and Cruel Summer x

Look What You Made Me Do is very much her Run The World (Girls). A loud, tuneless banger coming off a flawless Imperial Era. But it always reminds me of when it was released, and I was in West Hollywood, watching drag queens shablam the shit out of it. So I have no choice but to stan. But I much prefer my Taylor FRAGILE.

I'm quite surprisingly finding myself enjoying this album A LOT, even though I've always found her annoying and bitchy. I guess this laid back country vibe just suits her best. Somehow it's in the same vein as one of my all time favourites, Long Gone Before Daylight, a laid back country album with strong hooks and consistency throughout.

1. All Too Well
2. State of Grace
3. Out of the Woods
What a top three

4. Ours
5. Clean
6. Style
7. Long Live
8. Safe and Sound or Red
9. Dear John
10. Our Song

Took me long: