Tennis 2021

I think Kerber might end up running out of steam vs Muchova tomorrow. That's a very uncomfortable opponent for her if Karolina plays well.

THANKS FELIX FOR TAKING OUT THE TRASH :disco:

I think Kerber might end up running out of steam vs Muchova tomorrow. That's a very uncomfortable opponent for her if Karolina plays well.

THANKS FELIX FOR TAKING OUT THE TRASH :disco:
I fear that too. Would be so happy if she won it all, though.

I must say Ajla is ruthless. Just wearing her opponents out with those marathon rallies. Who’s her next victim?

W/O :(

Raducanu did look like she was about to throw up holding her stomich for a while. Hope she’s OK

Nice words from Ajla. She might be the worst player in the draw but she does have class

EDIT: she could have also sent best wishes to Aljona during this speech

Unfortunate for Raducanu - and sad to see the hype-machine rear its ugly head.

Clare Balding and John McEnroe discussing whether Emma would get a wildcard for the US Open, no, but a qualifying wildcard would be more likely.

Wow, what happened there in the second set? Federer was up 4-1 last time I looked and suddenly he's lost it in a tie-break :o

Was he injured? Looked so off and so sad in that last set :(

Really like Hurkacz - happy to see him in the semis.

Also, how about the women’s semifinal line-up? After boring quarters really looking forward to this :disco:

Barty-Kerber
Sabalenka-Pliskova

I hope both matches go three sets.

Oh Berrettini is so pretty

Clueless Movie Aww GIF by filmeditor

didn't watch it but HOW did Rog get bagelled in the third set?!

didn't watch it but HOW did Rog get bagelled in the third set?!
Perhaps an injury. No power, no speed, missing everything. Looked like he just wanted to get out of there :( Mind, Hurcacz was very solid.

Ajla and Matteo are delightful. He literally ADORES her and treats her so well and cares so much. Kinda what she deserves after getting out of the messy on again off again with Nick - not a slight to Kyrgios but he's had his ups and downs. :eyes:

Matteo DEFINITELY skips legs day but I think he's gorge, too. ❤️

And oooop at Roger. Honestly, I think he was close to calling it quits in Halle but I think his team talked some "sense" (???) into him. Don't think he'll go for much longer if his body keeps running out of steam - which would be the natural thing as he's hitting 40 in a month.

Lots of love for Hubie though. He's such a dork but I have a lot of time for him.

In a nutshell: Injuries and - to some extent - poor career management.

Ajla and Matteo are delightful. He literally ADORES her and treats her so well and cares so much. Kinda what she deserves after getting out of the messy on again off again with Nick - not a slight to Kyrgios but he's had his ups and downs. :eyes:

Matteo DEFINITELY skips legs day but I think he's gorge, too. ❤️

His calves are like PENCILS! But can I have my very own Matteo too? :love:

My blunt QUEEN.

Pliskova getting on the board 4 weeks after Krejcikova Sterling everyone's thunderstorm would be an excellent hold my beer moment.

Love these kind of stats

Love these kind of stats

The other slams don't seem to have the same consistency of finalists.... prepared for the book of stats to prove me wrong, but it seems like the champions are more likely to return to a final after they win at Wimbledon. Seems like there are more 'one hit wonders' at the other slams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom