The BIG Mello 2024 GOSSIP & ARTIST SPECULATION Thread

Hak

User
Big names tend to shy away from Melodifestivalen the year following a Sweden win, often making room for more competitive newcomers.

When it comes to presenting and format SVT tend to stick with safe and tested to better focus the innovative drive on ESC.

Which up and comers would you like to take a shot at Melfest? Who do you want to return?

Artists

Rumoured artists:

• Cazzi Opeia (Winner of ASC 2022 & ESC 2023)
  • Adam Woods (already doing songwriting collaborations with the usual suspects)
  • Maria Sur
  • Melanie Wehbe
  • Kiana

Presenters on top of SVTs wishlist:
  • Gina (recently expressed interest in going back to hosting and comedy)
  • Tone S (tied to TV3 atm)

Rumoured:
  • Emil Henrohn

Last edited:
Presenters on top of MY wishlist:

lena-philipsson-vilket-liv-renee-nyberg.png

I'm calling it for Malou Prytz - "Cucumbers" to steal the show :disco:

• Love
Reactions: Hak
MEDINA to come plodding back and snatch the gong thanks very much

Also FAT ALI to polish off the buffet :disco:

• Love
We never need to hear from Maria Sur or Melanie Webbe again

Reactions: VoR
I wonder if Maria Sur will end up trying for Ukraine at some point soon.

I wonder if Maria Sur will end up trying for Ukraine at some point soon.
I don't believe Maria will be leaving Sweden anytime soon. She's learned the language and is touring full time this summer.

The prospects for living off ones music in Ukraine the next couple of years are...

Here's hoping for Sur entering an Ukrainian-Swedish banger next :disco:

Last edited:
I see that Samir & Viktor have been in the studio together for the first time in a few years 👀

Sweden really should be using their guaranteed final spot to send something FUN and SWEDISH for once

Kiana has just got the lead role in The Little Mermaid musical which kicks off in March, so she might not have time to do Melodifestivalen next year.
I wouldn't mind her waiting a year. She's one of those teenagers that's been doing stage shows and singing competitions for years, long before reaching the age requirement for Melfest. Her career is already taking off and so she doesn't need this, Prydz did :(

On the other hand I wonder if Isa might finally be ready for a comeback.

Her own high expectations coupled with the AC defeat and burnout left her in shambles in a similair vain to Danny after his loss to Loreen. Now she shies away from taking part in anything where relinquishes even just a little bit creative control. Still, she's been doing backstage work for Melfest and the SVT crew holds her in high esteem.

Her latest single BLEED:

Last edited:
Hosts CONFIRMED BY SVT ON TWITTER!

Amy DIAMOND!
Ace WILDER!

WOW :disco:
Hall of Fame participants to be confirmed but I have heard Janet LEON’s been fingered!

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
I wonder if Sweden will want to send a song that is less competitive next year or if they went to go out all guns blazing in order to get that eighth win and steal the crown for themselves from Ireland. I suspect they’ll do so by 2030 at the very latest.

I wonder if Sweden will want to send a song that is less competitive next year or if they went to go out all guns blazing in order to get that eighth win and steal the crown for themselves from Ireland. I suspect they’ll do so by 2030 at the very latest.
Looking at previous post-ESC win editions SVT seems to either struggle or not prioritize finding big names the year after they won. I believe this is mostly because competitors that can afford to wait, like Måns and Saade, opts out of entering in such editions. 2013 was supposed to be Ulrik's and 2016 was billed as Ace Wilder vs Molly Sandén by the journalists, far from the headliners SVT aims for each year.

In terms of attracting songwriting talent I believe the win is only a positive. If I Were Sorry was a standout in a very competitive year.

SVT will for sure gauge the interest of these potential returnees:

Big names
Samir & Viktor
Anis don Demina
Hanna Ferm
Marcus & Martinus
Danny
Oscar Zia
Dotter
Medina
FO&O (namely Omar and Felix)

Recent hits
De Vet Du
Smash Into Pieces
Molly Pettersson Hammar

Winners
Carola
Cornelia Jakobs
Eric Saade
Tusse
Frans
John Lundvik
Robin Bengtsson

I assume Bianca Ingrosso will be on the wish-list given her shockingly boring cover of Superstar has been a massive summer hit.

• Haha
I assume Bianca Ingrosso will be on the wish-list given her shockingly boring cover of Superstar has been a massive summer hit.

Wait. The Jamelia song!? I was already typing a sassy reply until I hit play and realised it ACTUALLY WAS :disco:

I'd be much more excited if she hadn't sucked all the life out of it, but yes.

Yes. She was talked about as the best singer in the family when she was younger. Some traumatizing events led her on a path very similair to Anders Bagge; developing stage fright and instead choosing to go into the entrepreneur/judge direction.

She's now basically the Kim Kardashian of Sweden and her entering would create hype/gossip on levels of Zara Larsson or Carola.

Before her stage fright year's she did enter Lilla Melodifestivalen while using her mother's name, finishing second only to Molly Sandén.

They should ABSOLUTELY send a dead-eyed nepo baby to shed the 'jurors always fix it for Sweden' allegations.

They should ABSOLUTELY send a dead-eyed nepo baby to shed the 'jurors always fix it for Sweden' allegations.
Be careful what you wish for. Cornelia Jacobs would've stood no chance had she been up against Bianca feat. Bigger Than The Universe.

Last edited:
shockingly boring cover
Still a step up from her inaugural cover single release, which is still charting two years later. Here seen sung with her affectionate brother in front of her crying mother, uncle, grandparents and a surprisingly engaged Swedish audience.

There will now be SIX heats and 30 entries

5 semi finals with 6 songs in each - 2 direct, 2 AC and 2 knocked out

Sixth heat will have the 10 songs that came 3rd and 4th, and 2 of those 10 will advance based on votes on that night AND prior heats

Still 12 finalists

There will now be SIX heats and 30 entries

5 semi finals with 6 songs in each - 2 direct, 2 AC and 2 knocked out

Sixth heat will have the 10 songs that came 3rd and 4th, and 2 of those 10 will advance based on votes on that night AND prior heats

Still 12 finalists

I am in multiple minds:

Two more songs in total? Great.
Only six songs per heat? The scripting and presenting haven't always been knock-out enough to fill it with seven performances let alone six.
Five heats and no more AC? Honestly, this is better for keeping the suspense and stakes higher in the last two weeks. They've been tinkering with Andra Chansen a fair amount this last few years without any truly meaningful results.

But on balance, I think the positives outweigh the potential drawbacks?

Five heats and no more AC? Honestly, this is better for keeping the suspense and stakes higher in the last two weeks. They've been tinkering with Andra Chansen a fair amount this last few years without any truly meaningful results.
There's still sort of an AC it's just called "Heat Six" like it was the "Semi final" last year but no-one called it that.

I think 2/10 qualifying makes a lot more sense than 4/8 and makes AC much higher stakes, and ensures the final is much more packed with vote winners and not ones that scraped through.

Not sure I like having one more heat with fewer songs in each. That either means a shorter show or more padding. The shows already felt fairly short last year.

I saw something on Facebook saying the AC-bit is just a short vote during the 5th heat show.

Imagine having to wait an extra week to hear "Tattoo"! (Assuming heat 5 song 6 becomes the new 'chosen one')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom